Legends of the Horus Heresy

Hopefully the apparent delay to Legends points is due to our backlash.

Is their a chance GeeDub listened and is attempting to redo Legends?

Slim, but hope never dies until James Workshop gets involved. 

Edited by Interrogator Stobz
Please merge. :)

6 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Do you have any extra of that hopium your smoking?

21 minutes ago, Silas7 said:

What do you mean?

That they removed a lot of choices in units for points were a choice to keep the app simple. That is the suggestion done folks have been making,as coding in all the different options is a lot more difficult than: add this many dudes, unit becomes this much more expensive. 

I don't think that's true @Interrogator Stobz- the UI in the app can handle complicated wargear and weapons choices, given it gives you free reign to select what you like for units essentially? Do you mean you don't think it could assign a value to these? Again I am not sure, since it can assign a new value to a unit when you change elements about it (namely amount of models).

I also think the app is candyfloss, and won't ever be central to their design and business strategy. 

Edited by Petitioner's City

8 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Pretty sure, now that we've seen the App that the App has had a huge influence on Datasheet options, Points simplification and Legends. 

If GW backpedals and announces a 10th Ed imperial armour book, all would be forgiven and they can ride off into the sunset with more sales and we get a happy ending, simple as. 

37 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

I don't think that's true @Interrogator Stobz- the UI in the app can handle complicated wargear and weapons choices, given it gives you free reign to select what you like for units essentially? Do you mean you don't think it could assign a value to these? Again I am not sure, since it can assign a new value to a unit when you change elements about it (namely amount of models).

I also think the app is candyfloss, and won't ever be central to their design and business strategy. 

That could well be true. And in any other company I would be sure of it.

But James Workshop never fails to be different. 

9 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

What are the odds they lost the points, or forgot to actually make them and are now trying to get it done in a bit of panic? :D

Seeing how they apparently switched the release of Boarding Action and FW datasheets (according to the initial rumours, they were the other way around, which would make sense since they release FW points with boarding action datasheets), I think their interns are already on vacation in their heads :D 

2 minutes ago, Balerion84 said:

What are the odds they lost the points, or forgot to actually make them and are now trying to get it done in a bit of panic? :D

In the words of Crocodile Dundee, "better than average"

I wonder what is taking them so long to release the points?  Their FB post about this is full of people asking (GW FB team ignoring people as usual lol).

Perhaps they are having a rethink, or they weren't done in the first place. Gonna have to start fielding some HH units with points of equivalent 40k units at this rate lol 

Edited by happyslugger

It would be hilarious if they don't even release points, and just say "since they're very rare in the 41st century, you should just discuss with your opponent beforehand what you think the points cost should be in your particular army, and how they fit into your mission narrative!"

Give the 'it's totally fine' guys a feel for what going in the Legends bin means for some of us...

Maybe they've realised they've made a mess of the whole situation and are working on stuff to announce the great return of IA stuff to play freely instead of legends?

Then we just need GW going back on the points system they created and much of the problems with the edition would be forgotten faster than Eldar can table you in a game.

1 minute ago, Captain Idaho said:

Maybe they've realised they've made a mess of the whole situation and are working on stuff to announce the great return of IA stuff to play freely instead of legends?

Then we just need GW going back on the points system they created and much of the problems with the edition would be forgotten faster than Eldar can table you in a game.

A man can dream... I ain't holding my breath though!

3 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Yeah, and any year now dad is coming back from the corner store after leaving to get milk and cigarettes.

Saving them from legends would presumably mean altering the already written Codex Space marines though wouldnt it? And that may well be at the printers by now, so it seems unlikely.

11 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Saving them from legends would presumably mean altering the already written Codex Space marines though wouldnt it? And that may well be at the printers by now, so it seems unlikely.

Maybe? I don't think GW wants the IA custodes and knights stuff in their physical codex, so why not leave the Space Marine stuff out too?

21 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

FW stuff has never been in a codex. Wouldn't be different this time, so they can still do it.

1 hour ago, Arkhanist said:

Give the 'it's totally fine' guys a feel for what going in the Legends bin means for some of us...

if gw doesnt release points for the legends stuff _at all_, then yeah, I'd agree with you that it would be a bad move

But I can't see them doing that since they said they're allowed in matched play. They might be releasing another legends pdf for the non-heresy stuff (like Biker sorcerers, jump Lords... basically most of the old Chaos characters) and releasing points for it all at the same time. In any case, pretty poor, since they advertised 10th as fully playable on day 1, and leviathan has been released for a week now

1 minute ago, Noserenda said:

FW plastics stuff has very much been in the codexes before, and thats most of what we are dealing with in the "horus heresy" legends

Has it? Not in the last 3 editions at least. Didn't know FW made plastics before that either.

Not trying to be inflammatory, just sincerely curious!

21 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

FW plastics stuff has very much been in the codexes before, and thats most of what we are dealing with in the "horus heresy" legends

Are you meaning like when hydras and piranhas went plastic, and suddenly were in their respective codices? Or when they introduced Lords of War into 40k (in 6th or 7th?) and put rules for eldar titans and other resin models in a main studio publication?

Otherwise certainly I can't think of a moment since 3rd/4th edition's things like vehicle design rules and the above, where the main studio put rules for (what could be termed) "forge world models" in their publications for 40k, AoS or WFB.

Certainly none of the legends marines units were in the codices - even the plastic contemptor was always treated (and continues to be treated) differently from the options provided by the resin versions of the same. Spartans, Typhons, leviathans, and so on, were not in any 40k codex - only imperial armour publications, be it those written by FW staff, or those since mid-8th by main studio staff.

Edited by Petitioner's City

Wasnt the crap contemptor and relic terminators in there? I may well be wrong as i do 99% of list building with waha and battlescribe these days that pull everything together rather more sensibly.