Maybe they needed another delay (Cyberpunk flaschbacks intensify)?

It's also possbile that Engine Killer is meant to deal X additional wounds if a model is wounded by the weapon, not per every wound it takes. In case of multi-model targets it does say that only the "model that suffered the FIRST wound" takes the additional X damage.

39 minutes ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

It's also possbile that Engine Killer is meant to deal X additional wounds if a model is wounded by the weapon, not per every wound it takes. In case of multi-model targets it does say that only the "model that suffered the FIRST wound" takes the additional X damage.

That seems more likely. 

58 minutes ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

Since hits are allocated one at a time I don't think thats what the rule is meant to do, at least in the way its written now. The only thing that multi-model part means is just that the Engine Killer wounds don't splash over to other models. The first wound would be the actual hit that caused them. So if a weapon does 3 hits each would be allocated individually so each would be the first wound in the damage calculation but if its engine killer(2) and the model only has two wounds the third wound wouldn't splash over. Then the second hit is allocated and gets its two extra wounds.

Spoiler

image.png.94e89b0a6f8b8192fe3eefdbe19c9f8e.png

So if they actually meant it to work the other way they would need to reword the whole engine killer rule to something like "when a weapon with this rule hits at least once it generates a number of extra hits that you can't role a save against"

33 minutes ago, Dark Shepherd said:

What weapons and in what numbers come with the warhounds does anyone know please?

Same question for Reavers in AT box too :)

The ones in the LI box have 2 each of the melta, shock lance, Ursus Claw, volkite and 2 missile launchers that can each be built with either type of missile.

The original load-out gives you 2 each of plasma, turbo laser, flamer and vulcan mega bolter.

The reavers are either melta, volcano, chainfist and carapace turbo laser or laser blaster, gatling, power fist and carapace apoc launcher.

35 minutes ago, Mandragola said:

The ones in the LI box have 2 each of the melta, shock lance, Ursus Claw, volkite and 2 missile launchers that can each be built with either type of missile.

The original load-out gives you 2 each of plasma, turbo laser, flamer and vulcan mega bolter.

The reavers are either melta, volcano, chainfist and carapace turbo laser or laser blaster, gatling, power fist and carapace apoc launcher.

Do you get two whole claws AND two whole Lances? Or parts to make two total?

Is it easy to mag the missile fronts?

39 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

Do you get two whole claws AND two whole Lances? Or parts to make two total?

Is it easy to mag the missile fronts?

For the lance you actually do get enough parts to build both twice

For the missiles, look at the images in this article:

https://www.chaosbunker.de/de/2023/11/21/review-legions-imperialis-warhound-scout-titanen/

It looks like they can slot in from below so with some filler on the inside to hold a magnet and another one on the actual missile bit it should be reasonably easy

This is everything you can build from one sprue:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.616a74d0afe2e20ef134acf4bcdb717c.png

Edited by Matrindur

2 hours ago, Mandragola said:

Thanks

18 hours ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

Or just ban it in your casual games.

No, we’re not cherry-picking rules. Go ahead and field it, but I’m going to focus fire my entire force on that Reaver to try and take it down before it gets that Missile off…

… which, at the end of the day, is still a win for you. If you can use your Distraction Reaver to tie up my entire army, even for just a turn, while yours is free to do as it pleases, isn’t that still a victory for you? If I don’t deal with that ASAP, there’s a chance I’m going to have my Titan insta-killed in a single shot. 

53 minutes ago, DuskRaider said:

No, we’re not cherry-picking rules. Go ahead and field it, but I’m going to focus fire my entire force on that Reaver to try and take it down before it gets that Missile off…

… which, at the end of the day, is still a win for you. If you can use your Distraction Reaver to tie up my entire army, even for just a turn, while yours is free to do as it pleases, isn’t that still a victory for you? If I don’t deal with that ASAP, there’s a chance I’m going to have my Titan insta-killed in a single shot. 

You get one activation though, unless you go real big on titan hiding terrain i guess? The only way to do that is a big titan, exactly the prey this thing is looking for... :( 

28 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

The joke is the Warp Missile in AT is never seen because it's garbage.

Vortex on the other hand...

I wouldnt say garbage, certainly seen a few around, but its not really something that ever appealed enough to me to fit on a titan, some of our group have used em. 

Not Vortex missiles though thankfully lol

Do we have information on wether the new warhound weapons have rules for titanicus? obviously the claw, lance, and volkite do, but im interested about the melta and missiles.

Also, do you think we'll eventually see more resin titan weapons being transfered to plastic, such as Quake cannons and carapace gatling blasters?

1 hour ago, MaximusTL said:

Do we have information on wether the new warhound weapons have rules for titanicus? obviously the claw, lance, and volkite do, but im interested about the melta and missiles.

Also, do you think we'll eventually see more resin titan weapons being transfered to plastic, such as Quake cannons and carapace gatling blasters?

They have promised rules but nothing has been released yet, i suspect we will get them in the new warhound box but we might get lucky and have a PDF release "sooooon". I do hope we get more plastic weapons, i was hoping some of the reboxed titans would come with them but none so far :( Fingers crossed for more titan releases down the line!

20 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

If shields don’t regenerate as soon as shooting is resolved the cost and effect is fine, you’re supposed to maneuver. This isn’t 40K where everything is designed to rock paper scissors delete stuff without any thought to positioning. 

Ive stared at this and i still have no idea what you are even referring to, it seems like its about the warp missile but its... Nonsense? You usually do better, so i dont know if theres a deleted post or something? 

3 hours ago, Noserenda said:

You get one activation though, unless you go real big on titan hiding terrain i guess? The only way to do that is a big titan, exactly the prey this thing is looking for... :( 

Yeah, it’s going to take some careful planning and strategy to make it work. The only thing I can say is that the Vortex makes taking smaller Titans (Warhounds, Direwolves and Reavers) more tempting since you could take multiples and have less a chance of being completely hobbled whereas losing your Warlord or Warmaster could potentially be devastating. Or just go with Knights and completely ignore it all together since

you would be fielding a bunch. 

I’ll be honest, I’d rather have a VMB or Apoc Launcher and get multiple uses out of them than have a one-shot weapon that might do absolutely nothing. 

Edited by DuskRaider

Huh so there’s no AT weapon cards in the box? That’s annoying. A melta AT warhound has got the potential to be a nasty little engine killer but will have to wait for the rules I guess. Not as bothered about the missile pod as it’s unlikely to out do the VMB for striping shields.

Also these two week preorder periods are a killer - I want my mini tanks!!

17 minutes ago, Burni said:

Huh so there’s no AT weapon cards in the box? That’s annoying. A melta AT warhound has got the potential to be a nasty little engine killer but will have to wait for the rules I guess. Not as bothered about the missile pod as it’s unlikely to out do the VMB for striping shields.

Also these two week preorder periods are a killer - I want my mini tanks!!

Where does it confirm no weapon cards? Not that I was expecting them particularly, but some don’t even exist to buy in the (likely expensive, out-of-stock anyway) Warhound weapon card pack.

and tell me about it. I don’t even know if my supplier really has stock, mine is coming on hopes and dreams.

2 minutes ago, LameBeard said:

Where does it confirm no weapon cards? Not that I was expecting them particularly, but some don’t even exist to buy in the (likely expensive, out-of-stock anyway) Warhound weapon card pack.

and tell me about it. I don’t even know if my supplier really has stock, mine is coming on hopes and dreams.

You’re right, I was jumping to conclusions based on the discussion. However I just went and checked a few of the unboxings and they confirm no AT stuff in there at all (no terminals or cards).

Hopefully they do a new set of the card pack. 

Fingers crossed on your LI order!

2 minutes ago, Burni said:

You’re right, I was jumping to conclusions based on the discussion. However I just went and checked a few of the unboxings and they confirm no AT stuff in there at all (no terminals or cards).

Hopefully they do a new set of the card pack. 

Fingers crossed on your LI order!

This gives me an excuse to try something I’ve been meaning to for a while. I can print the terminal, because GW gave us a pdf ages ago, right? If I stick it to something metal I could then magnetise the tokens that track hit points. Or if I stick it to mdf I could drill holes.  Need a volkite card most because I just love the look of the weapon, I think it even got an upgrade since the card was originally published?

There are no AT cards in the box. We checked as loads of the GH guys play AT. We'd have loved to do an article on them.

I'm assuming we'll see a downloadable resource at some point, or perhaps a new version of the weapon card pack.

I just checked out the re-packaged sunfury Warlord on the GW site. Apparently it includes:

- 1x Warlord Battle Titan
- 1x sunfury plasma annihilator
- 1x Arioch power claw
- 1x set of paired laser blasters
- 1x Legions Imperialis 120mm Oval Base
- 1x Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Titan Transfer Sheet
- 1x Adeptus Titanicus Warlord TItan Command Terminal
- 7x Warlord Titan Weapon Cards

That's an improvement as Warlords never used to come with terminals or weapon cards. You had to buy them separately and they weren't cheap. I imagine the re-packaged Warhounds will come with them too, and cards for the new guns, though nobody will want to buy that pack because we'll all be swimming in Warhounds by that point.

Interestingly the Acastus terminals are now showing as "sold out online" rather than temporarily out of stock. Is there hope they'll get revised rules for AT? Don't hold your breath!

14 minutes ago, Mandragola said:

I imagine the re-packaged Warhounds will come with them too, and cards for the new guns, though nobody will want to buy that pack because we'll all be swimming in Warhounds by that point.

The box that launched a thousand Legio Audax projects! We even have the Ursus claws to do it. Let it be so!

Edited by LameBeard