The recent purchases/hauls/"Oh god I spent more money on toy soldiers" thread

Evil Eye
Go to solution Solved by Brother Carpenter,

I backed out of a large order of Legion Imperialis as I will never get to play, and painting infantry doesn’t look fun to me.

I did buy a box of Kratos and Baneblades, as they do look very fun to paint.

I also bough some Assault Terminator conversion bits, so now I need a box of the new ones, or two.

Oh and I also bough a Perfect Grade Strike Rouge. Which contains 40 sprues or something. But in my defense they don’t make them that often, and it might be years before one is in stock again.

Edited by Redcomet

Nabbed 5 metal Legion of the Damned on Ebay for 15+PNP USD. EXTREMELY happy with that because I've not seen them going for anything less than 10-15 dollars a MODEL, before shipping. Have always loved the ol Damned Legionnaires, and now I get to paint some up.

Added Strike Force Justian and one extra marine from that line to my collection. They are pretty good for snapfit primaris. Apart from the Phobos marksman all the models in the set have both legs split into two pieces so removing all the primaris bits like the extra knee armour and the ankle detail is quite easy.

On 11/26/2023 at 4:28 AM, Burni said:

On a related subject; what’s the best way to sell an army on eBay. Single units or as a full army? Most of it is painted but not all. 

Selling as an army is easier, in that it's one and done. Selling as units will net more money, but will take longer, and cost significantly more time-wise in postage.

Posting here to try and make a real pause on purchases. Current queue that's been stacking up last couple months:

1: Landraider Proteus and 10 heresy mk 3 marines (went splits on the mk3 release bundle... oldmarine Salamanders needed a landraider finally, and mk 3 will be split 5 into hellblasters and Infernus squad - pre-codex loadouts are back on the menu, boys...)

2: Votann Xmas box (too good a cake not to eat)

3: 2 Deimos rhinos (soon my khorney bois can arrive in style)

4: 3 Piscean mercenaries (kickstarter thing should arrive soon; Drukhari Grotesques alternative)

5: 6 Kataphron breachers (never had any in AdMech list. Apparently mandatory now, and always liked the design anyway)

6: Lord Solar conversion (from a Necromunda Arachna-rig that'll be AdMech'd up with mucho comms, sensors and a laudhailer?)

Basically the last 3 breachers were an impulse purchase yesterday when I realized between the Crons and AdMech codexes I would get free shipping with 'just one more', and decided to push through to have the unit of 6 ready to start building.

At least I'm getting a friend's help on undercoating the vehicles using his airbrush, so maybe this will all be done in... 6 months? Will be starting on the vehicle sub-assemblies as soon as I finish Leviathan Ballistus (3-4 days).

Of course once half of this stuff is cleared from queue I'll probably start adding again... On the plus side pretty much all my armies are/will be feeling well rounded out for 10th, and in a few months I can start looking at my fantasy armies again for next AoS edition lol.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

I bought myself a box of Terminators, some 3rd party lightning claws and some Thammers and shields, to make a Blood Angel squad.

Picked up the new Dante and a Neurolictor for 1/3 the price.

Oh and got the PG Strike Rouge, the missing piece of my Gundam collection 

• Solution
On 10/28/2023 at 12:42 PM, Redcomet said:

145£ for an old magazine :biggrin:

Yes people do spend that amount on old mags and other cardboard stuff. My brother has magic 2 ed black lotus not mint he bought for one thousand dutch guilders. Its worth well over a few thousand euro,s now. And that is just a playing card ...

Edited by Brother Carpenter

On Topic:

I recently scored a primaris rhino and Excelsior minus the lr kit and original decal sheet for €100. After checking ebay i saw that these models do between 200 and 500 a piece i snatched the kit up for later (plastic crack retirement fund )

Just nabbed an OOP Mk II assault squad kit, which I had forgotten was even a thing (they have the big drum-shaped turbofan style jump packs like the Mk Vs have)! £100 was probably a bit much but a quick search found others going for far more!
Now just need to save up to get one each of the Mk IV and Mk Vs before GW discontinues them.

Still miffed they got rid of the boarding assault upgrade set before I had a chance to get one. :(

Not a massive purchase in its own right, but I just bought 20 Cadian bodies from a bits seller simply to make use of all the spare guns and heads I'm going to end up with from the kits in the Battleforce set. A battleforce set I only bought because my first choice set (Votann) was sold out on release day.

Which Element Games then suddenly pulled a big pile of out of nowhere, so I got one of those as well :whistling:

30 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Not a massive purchase in its own right, but I just bought 20 Cadian bodies from a bits seller simply to make use of all the spare guns and heads I'm going to end up with from the kits in the Battleforce set. A battleforce set I only bought because my first choice set (Votann) was sold out on release day.

Which Element Games then suddenly pulled a big pile of out of nowhere, so I got one of those as well :whistling:

Love me some element games! For any non-forgeworld stuff or anything I'm not just pre-ordering, they're GREAT.

Pretty sure they weren't announced at any point, but the Ad Mech data cards have snuck onto this week's pre-order lists. So obviously grabbed them. But was also a long way short of the free shipping limit (heaven forbid I pay for postage!) so added some Sicarians and the new absurd stilt boy to the mix. And some dice. And a Hekaton. And some Orlock Quads. 

Given that I have time to actually paint anything about once or twice a month, this is not a good sign.

On 12/11/2023 at 11:39 PM, roryokane said:

Love me some element games! For any non-forgeworld stuff or anything I'm not just pre-ordering, they're GREAT.

There are a fair few places that offer better discounts and equally good service, but yeah they came up trumps on this one!

Was in Edinburgh recently (not often anymore) so popped into the store "for a look"... Came out with an impromptu box of terminators. :laugh:
I don't need them, but they were there on the shelf calling to me, so it would have been wrong not to. Guy in store did point out that for an extra 15 quid I could have the starter box. Was tempting, but I was already spending more than I meant to, and there is absolutely no chance I could sneak in a starter box in to the house past the wife, so had to decline.