The recent purchases/hauls/"Oh god I spent more money on toy soldiers" thread

Evil Eye
Go to solution Solved by Brother Carpenter,

Picked up a second Dreadnought from the Assault on Black Reach box off ebay and rescued it.

Trying to get an Ironclad Dreadnought (two would be ideal but I'd settle for one) but scum & vermin on ebay are selling them for three figures and no one else has them. A lot have been sold for over £200. People are :cuss:ty. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Firstborn project continues and grows!

Razorback x3

Whirlwind x2

Vindicator x2

Command Squad #2

Space Marine Commander #2

Space Marine Captain #2

Devastator Squad #5 & #6

Venerable Dreadnought x3 + Furiso Dreadnought (I have an idea for a kitbash)

I bought the Soulshackle terrain upgrade kit - this means I'm only missing the Shadowvaults stuff for a complete set of Space Hulk terrain, which to be honest is kind of a dream scenario for me. I'm so used to just pretending the white lines on my old Space Crusade boards are solid walls that having actual plastic walls to use for my Kill Team games has left me slightly giddy with excitement, even months after the fact.

Now to be fair I probably should have waited until I'd at least started painting some of the other stuff, but at the current rate of stock coming back in it might be another year before this chance comes around again, and I shudder to think what price it'll be by this time next year. :laugh:

14 minutes ago, Kriegsman said:

one day i'll go too deep into the hobby and probably go broke because of it lol.
haven't bought anything yet but someone has advised that for my first ever set i should get kill squad so i'm looking forward to buying that.

Try to resist the urge to go nuts early on and start slowly...

I found the holy grail of a webstore that had 2 boxes of Heavy Intercessors so I can get the 2 I want from the same store. That'll join my recent packages of Gladiator, Techmarine, and Primaris Apothecary to add to my Dark Angels to flesh out my Leviathan army so I'll have all Primaris scale rather than my older Firstborn. 

After a bit of a hobby hiatus, I decided to pop in my lgs for some glue so I could get to work on my CSM from Shadowspear and the current Combat Patrol. I left with a discounted copy of Eldritch Omens :facepalm:. The new chosen are too cool, and I've always wanted a forgefiend. Now I just need to offload these Eldar before I start planning out paint schemes for them too.

I just pre-ordered the Company Heroes box and the Chaplain in Terminator Armour. I just can't say no to a big box of characters, and frankly one can never have enough Chaplains. :happy:

I had just enough self-control not to also buy either Sternguard or the regular Primaris Chaplain (because I can finally replace his fiddly little baton with a proper smashy crozius), which is useful because I also need to buy food and the like. :laugh:

Also I really need to paint more of the stuff I have before buying further new things.

Unless it's kill team stuff, of course. :tongue:

Your self control is better than mine.
One Special Edition Codex, One Lieutenant (i actually really like the model), One Command Squad (Company Heroes my foot, it's a Command Squad), Two Sternguard Squads, Two Terminator Squads, One Terminator Chaplain... and a set of dice because why not. And this is a guy who hates Primaris Marines (of course there will be head/backpack swaps to make them JUST REALLY COOL SUITS OF MK VIII ARMOUR BRO TRUST ME).

4 minutes ago, Ace Debonair said:

I just pre-ordered the Company Heroes box and the Chaplain in Terminator Armour. I just can't say no to a big box of characters, and frankly one can never have enough Chaplains. :happy:

I had just enough self-control not to also buy either Sternguard or the regular Primaris Chaplain (because I can finally replace his fiddly little baton with a proper smashy crozius), which is useful because I also need to buy food and the like. :laugh:

Also I really need to paint more of the stuff I have before buying further new things.

Unless it's kill team stuff, of course. :tongue:

I reigned it all in this week (despite my own hype), and got the Marines codex, the jump captain and some jump packs (so I can convert my unassembled Indomitus assault Intercessors into proper assault marines).  I was tempted by the new Sternguard kit, but have decided to wait for now, as I just bought a set of Cadians to continue project "Van Saar jump regiment"... 

Tim