The recent purchases/hauls/"Oh god I spent more money on toy soldiers" thread

Evil Eye
Go to solution Solved by Brother Carpenter,

Bought two more Space Marine Heroes from my FLGS. Once I get them painted, I’ll have a full tac squad of them, plus one extra special weapon. Could have gone for an extra heavy weapon also but ultimately decided against it. 

The sum total of my purchases since Leviathan:....
3 pots of paint! 

My intention is to paint up Leviathan, starting with the Nids before purchasing anything else then ideally hitting my pile of shame.
Nothing on my shortlist of 'to buy' is urgent and in fact I'd prefer to get my hand in to practice painting some other stuff first anyway (I've been on a contrast binge for some time so out of practice for other painting methods)

4 hours ago, Redcomet said:

The Ta’uanar is fantastic. Had huge fun building and painting mine.

Yeah, can't wait. I got the pulse ordnance array, but going to field it as the heavy railgun and cluster shell option. Just like the look of the pulse ordnance more. I have some internal missile bay parts via gundam to add for the cluster shell. 

I almost bought a Knight Preceptor, but then told myself it was far too expensive. I then had the realisation that I'd just spent way more than the cost of a Preceptor on converting 5 count-as TWC from AOS Dracoths and Lion El'Jonson into a custom chapter master.... :sweat:

I made a rare visit to GW in Kingston on Thames with my daughter ‘to buy some paint’. While browsing Aeldari in store (‘hmm I’ve always wanted a wraithlord’) I got a call that my son fell off a pirate ship at nursery, and I had to go and get him. I panicked and shoved some boxes on the till, paid with my Apple Watch and left. When I got out I looked at the receipt and realised I’d bought a WraithKNIGHT instead. Too embarrassed I styled it out, later adding via Goblin Gaming two boxes of Shining Spears, Guardians and a Farseer.

My son was fine.

Well I tried to acquire myself the Space Marine 2 Captain Titus game from Target online through a US drop shipper that I use. But it turns out Target automatically cancel online orders to drop shipping companies, so no luck there. Annoying.

I'm trying extremely hard not to start a 30k Thousand Sons army because I'd likely never field it and because I'd single-handedly throw 700 € at a minimum on it: the basic HH box, a cataphractii squad, legion specific pauldrons and heads, a lascannon conversion kit and the liber hereticus.

And that's assuming I convert my own recon snipers from tactical marines instead of buying Forge World ones. 

I'm trying to steer my brain on the unpainted Blood Angels I already have.

Getting near the end of my Imperium subscription, so I'll be getting a Comand Barge, Bobby G, and 3 Paragons by Oct (ending it after that, don't need a bunch of random characters). Bobby G goes along with a Lion I got two weeks ago from my gaming buddy, so looking forward to attempting to paint two Primarchs. 

On 8/17/2023 at 9:32 PM, Brother Captain Sirus said:

Well, after a long and only briefly broken 9-10 year hiatus since 6th ed (only briefly broken during the index era of 8th) I decided to jump back in, and started where I left off, so far:

- 1 Command Squad Captain

- 1 Librarian

- 1 Assault Squad

- 1 Devastator Squad + 2 additional Grav-Cannons

- Roboute Guilliman

- Many bits to use up pieces in the old bits box to create more options for squads.

It's safe to say I'm glad I did, with three of the listed kits now no longer in production, so I'll have the versatile demi-company I was intending to finish a long time ago. It may not be the most competitive army due to being all firstborn, but there are many little conversions in it, many hours put in to building and painting it, so even if it never wins again it'll be a force I'm happy with and can use in old editions if needs be.

and the dive down the rabbit hole continues, with the addition on 2 Bike Marines and a Predator Annihilator. Overall, that pretty much brings my 40k firstborn to a close on the purchasing side of things. The grav-cannon devastators are nearly finished now with only one more cannon to paint, then on to the assault squad.

In August I brought:

Space Marine Command Tanks (WW Exclusive circa 2017)

Terminator Assault Squad

Land Speeder x4

Assault Squad x4

Attack Bike x4

Company Command Squad

Space Marine Commander 

Thunderfire Cannon

Tactical Squad x3

Devastator Squad x3

Venerable Dreadnought x5

Ironclad Dreadnought x2

Assault on Black Reach Dreadnought

Captain in Terminator Armour (Firstborn)

Chaplain (Firstborn)

Chaplain in Terminator Armour (Firstborn)

Librarian (Firstborn)

Librarian in Terminator Armour (Firstborn)

A mix of GW, third party and ebay. Some items were several times above GW price thanks to scumbag scalpers jacking up prices after the kits were discontinued. 

Worth it though.  

Dropped by the FLGS today to pick up some 3d printed bits I'd commissioned from a local. Took some time to browse used model wall since I'd gotten there early.

Twenty-some bucks later after cc fees and taxes I am now the owner of some Lascannon devastator centurions and a primaris pskyer.

Painting the cents is gonna be a challenge and I'm a little sad they don't have the other heavy weapon options but IDK where else I'd find centurions for fifteen bucks, so I'm not gonna complain too much. I've always wanted a squad anyway and you can't go wrong with lascannons.

Keeping to only GW products, I picked up the Aeldari Boarding Patrol about two/three months ago, and then grabbed a Commander Farsight last weekend.  Still working on the Blackstone Fortress box my brother sent me for Christmas as well, alongside Cursed City (which isn’t 40K, so won’t talk about further) from a while back.