Warhammer Preview - NOVA Open 2023

Just now, StrangerOrders said:

I am amazed that they seem to have made one of their most majestic facial sculpts for one of the most grotesque and depraved characters in the setting!

Actually thats... perfect.

Shame it's gonna be ruined the second the Postal Service get their hands on it because Resin

On second thought (and i know this one is gonna be real well received), It's probably better that Fulgrim model came out in resin.

Despite what some would like to think about the capabilities and progress in 40k plastic, plastic just does not have the same capacity for fine detail that resin offers. The reason that model looks that good is because it's in resin. There, I said it. 

Just now, Bloody Legionnaire said:

On second thought (and i know this one is gonna be real well received), It's probably better that Fulgrim model came out in resin.

Despite what some would like to think about the capabilities and progress in 40k plastic, plastic just does not have the same capacity for fine detail that resin offers. The reason that model looks that good is because it's in resin. There, I said it. 

Looking at 40k Angry Ron and especially his wings when compared to Ka'bandha, I can't disagree.

Just now, Bloody Legionnaire said:

Money down that 40k Fulgrim will have a hideous face by comparison and maybe even worse if they try and spin it silly.

Because Fulgrim is alot of things but gorgeous is one of them.

I am mentally prepping myself for the having this beauty next to its future poor cousin.

Although if I am wrong I will be thrilled!

16 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Crisis Averted: It's HH, not 40k

And Forgeworld, so Resin too most likely.

And yet he’s shown in 40K terrain background. 

What’s the chances he will be interchangeable between 30k & 40K modes? 

IMG_5932.jpeg

I actually think they're gonna just delete Emperor's Children from 40k at this point.

Why put Daemon Fulgrim, with his current design into HH when it's gonna cause confusion with the 40k version down the line?
The only other EC unit in 40k with a mini is Lucias and his mini isn't available anymore and the Noise Marines are an upgrade sprue to basic marines.

Since "No Model, no rules" is a thing still, they could just be axing them all together and putting Daemon Fulgrim in HH just so he HAS a mini at all...

1 minute ago, Alternis said:

And yet he’s shown in 40K terrain background. 

What’s the chances he will be interchangeable between 30k & 40K modes? 

IMG_5932.jpeg

** Let’s rip the plaster off now – no, this model won’t be getting rules for Warhammer 40,000.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/31/nova-open-previews-the-phoenecian-transformed/

2 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

I actually think they're gonna just delete Emperor's Children from 40k at this point.

Why put Daemon Fulgrim, with his current design into HH when it's gonna cause confusion with the 40k version down the line?
The only other EC unit in 40k with a mini is Lucias and his mini isn't available anymore and the Noise Marines are an upgrade sprue to basic marines.

Since "No Model, no rules" is a thing still, they could just be axing them all together and putting Daemon Fulgrim in HH just so he HAS a mini at all...

That flat out will not happen. Guilliman and the Lion both have 40k models, and neither has ascended to the chaos gods.

Hey, that doesn't look like Lorgar...

Glad to see the new MkIII looks like it's compatible with the special weapons sprues, though. I've been putting off adding a Land Raider for a while, so that box is pretty tempting.

Another thing I noticed from the video is that the new Mk. III no longer have the overlapping armor plates on the back of their legs.  Perhaps unsurprisingly, but still disappointingly, they have the same flat, segmented armor panels that Fafnir Rann has.  Probably a result of plastic mould limitations, but a bummer to me.  And I wonder if that is the direction that GW takes if/when they eventually make plastic Mk. II too.  Hopefully not, but you never know.  

Daemon Fulgrim is... honestly not *that* big of a surprise to me?

It's obviously easy to imagine a scenario - a very reasonable scenario - where GW would be carefully coordinating the 30k and 40k ranges to maximize their points of overlap. That strategy would make a lot of sense, and if they were employing it, then this release would be absurd.

The thing is... they don't do that. We know they don't do that. If they did, every 30k SM tank and Dread would have non-legends 40k rules, the entire Mechanicum line would have 40k rules, and so on. It's been pretty clear for a long while now that they don't actually view the two ranges as overlapping projects that help support eachother, but rather as totally distinct things. As baffling as that is, it does seem to be their position. 

6 minutes ago, Xirix said:

Comparing the new MKIII guys to the MKVI... they are in the 'exact' same poses right? For compatibility with the special and heavy weapons? I don't know how I feel about that, I sincerely hope future armour marks will have at least somewhat different poses.

Doubt that now that they set precedent for it. Pretty lazy I'm geussing they reuse the undersuit parts.

Looks like the Mk. III armor has the back part of the legs (the non uparmored sections that are supposed to be Mk. II) similar to the Rann model. Hope this doesn’t mean that Mk. II armor loses its signature overlapping look. Overall love that Iron armor is going to be properly proportioned now, but not sure how I feel about every helmet having a spike since I associate those more with Death Guard specifically. I feel the new design will grow on me though. 

67AAA4EE-7E71-4B5C-B61A-6C5514C43E57.jpeg