Warhammer Preview - NOVA Open 2023

LOL ... back to work in 30 mins... I took my tea break so I could watch the start... :facepalm: Thanks GW... usually when it says live it should be "The Start" ...not 30 mins of faffing around listening to music... :sweat:

M. 

1 minute ago, JayJapanB said:

I have no issue with it, but inb4 people complain about kneepads
image.png.da6049f806a73115e46023c3c8b08226.png

Kneepads are cool.
Kneepads are the best parts of the minis.

Oh yeah, also the Space Marine command squad.
No-One mentioned that one here yet.

Pretty good showing overall.
Probably most lukewarm on the assault squad. The larger intakes and chest straps were a cooler look imo. 

Everything else is some of the best primaris stuff we've had. And Terminators are exactly what they should be.

So they've moved onto AoS now, HH will come later I guess.

Regarding this reveal tho, maybe that "Leak" a while ago suggesting it was Catachan vs Stinging Scorpions was actually correct, seeing as we've just seen the new Scouts and they don't look like a KillTeam kit.

2 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

So they've moved onto AoS now, HH will come later I guess.

Regarding this reveal tho, maybe that "Leak" a while ago suggesting it was Catachan vs Stinging Scorpions was actually correct, seeing as we've just seen the new Scouts and they don't look like a KillTeam kit.

Might of been me? I don't remember, I probably just echoed something

1 minute ago, Triszin said:

Might of been me? I don't remember, I probably just echoed something

Seeing the new Scouts, and then remembering what Catachan Guard look like (i.e. basically Shirtless half the time) makes me think it maybe wasn't a misidentification.

Terminators are very nice, basically the same (including similar poses) to the ones from leviathan, I appreciate the full set of tactical terminator options though. Some of the bare heads are nice too.

Terminator captain is nice, I really like his head options and the option for the tabard. Combi weapon option looks nice too.

Chaplain is great, I prefer the version without shield personally, bare head is, again, very nice on him.

Jump Assault Intercessors are pretty much what you'd expect, I really like the poses, and unlike other people I like the fact they aren't flat on bases, they look more visually interesting that way. A bit sad there's no hint whatsoever on loadout options for the unit. Sergeant at least gets some options though. They'll look good alongside dante. When they showed the blood angels one, they could have at least chose one that was stuck together properly lol (their left shoulder pad looked like it was coming off)

speaking of which, the jump captain is probably the nicest primaris captain they've done. I really like him a lot.

Sternguard are pretty much perfect, plenty of options, sergeant retained melee options too, and whilst theres no heavy flamer and presumably no access to other legacy heavy weapons like grav canons, the new flamer thing looks interesting. I love the models regardless, the sternguard were my favourite new kit from leviathan.

The company heroes are great, really nice set of models, the captain is a bit ho-hum in that set, my least favourite primaris captain, but the fact he has lots of options is good. I LOVE the banner bearer, the champion is basically a slightly less interestingly posed version of the limited ed one, the guy with bionics is nice and the one with the assault bolter is interesting - not sure about that weapon for what amounts to a command squad though.

Scouts are nice, I feel like the BT novitiate bits could be used to make the sergeant for a scout squad more ornate too which is cool. I do like the updated design for scouts, the vents and power pack bits inline with the mkX stuff looks pretty good, and their proportions are generally good. Still a few duff heads on them by the look of it. Really interested to see how their rules will work, suspect sniper scouts may be going away as a thing, but sniper rifles maybe will get a glow-up and be a heavy option for scouts going forward?

This HH box tho!

Battlebox snap shot.png

I think I'ma need to pick up 2.. or 3 :wub:

Anybody know what the rumored price was? Hoping it's in line with the elite ultimate starter set....

Edited by Bloody Legionnaire