Warhammer Preview - NOVA Open 2023

So many folks have already said what I wanted to say.

If Space Hulk is coming, it being delivered via Killteam would explain KT's conspicuous absence from the list of games to be previewed. This would be awesome.

Also, yes, I too am interested in BFG... But only if it breaks this ridiculous trend of Heresy Era stuff where all the factions I like don't exist or aren't playable. I know how popular Marines are, especially here on B&C, and I don't want to come across as rude to those folks, but it broke my heart that Titanicus, Aeronautica and now Legions where designed in such a way that none of them have even a remote chance to appeal to me. If that pattern repeats with BFG?

No matter how good the rules, nothing set in the Heresy era will ever appeal to me- there's no way it can. If I can't play non-marines, I really don't want to play.

(And yes, I know there's some guard and some Admech, and I know that Sisters use regular Navy Capital Ships, not unique designs... But the Heresy still just bores the crap out of me).

On 8/29/2023 at 6:43 AM, JayJapanB said:

Jump pack Chaos Lord coming soon after?

No, no no, you see - because there's no rules or model for it, all the traitors forgot how to use their jump packs. All that psycho-indoctrination and conditioning? Gone. All those centuries of knowledge? Gone! 

31 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

(And yes, I know there's some guard and some Admech, and I know that Sisters use regular Navy Capital Ships, not unique designs... But the Heresy still just bores the crap out of me)

I don't think the bit about Sisters ships is true. I know the 8th codex listed naval assets  under the Orders, and the novel Pilgrims of Fire took place on a SoB vessel.

Edit: I'm half right. Naval vessels are seconded to the Ministorum as "Frateris Templar" vessels, but the Orders do maintain their own orbital assault ships. I assume those said ships might be similar to a Strike Cruiser

Edited by sitnam

3 hours ago, jaxom said:

It won’t be BFG. More likely the second type of Terminator squad, i.e. Assault Terminators.

But terminators are the first thing the image makes you think of, surely? Its the big terminator face helm after all. The other half is.... imperial space ships and some asteroids? What does it prompt you to think about? I hear space hulk, but eh, no actual hulk

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

F4yagIlXwAEutDM?format=jpg&name=large

Nice of them to post the Deredeo legs, at least.

Did they ever release the pavise for the deredeo? I remember it being shown at a show along with things like bolt pistol moritat but don't remember it being released?

I'd love a plastic deredeo and having plastic autocannon barrels will be lovely. Personally I'd like plasma or the comically oversized choomage.

6 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Doesn't the deredeo feet have "side toes"? 

*squints* do these images show "side toes"? On my phone so all is tiny

It's possible they've snipped them off this artwork so they can get the two feet closer together.

7 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Did they ever release the pavise for the deredeo? I remember it being shown at a show along with things like bolt pistol moritat but don't remember it being released?

I'd love a plastic deredeo and having plastic autocannon barrels will be lovely. Personally I'd like plasma or the comically oversized choomage.

They did not. Gone, like tears in the rain.

Given the Nid codex launch this weekend (or at least pre-orders, and therefore influencer content etc) it would seem likely we'll see anything else Nid tonight? Ie shrikes, and anything else? I still can't believe the winged tyrant isn't meant as a leader for a squad of winged warriors, and if they're going to be in the codex, they surely will show them tonight?

3 minutes ago, AdRoc said:

Given the Nid codex launch this weekend (or at least pre-orders, and therefore influencer content etc) it would seem likely we'll see anything else Nid tonight? Ie shrikes, and anything else? I still can't believe the winged tyrant isn't meant as a leader for a squad of winged warriors, and if they're going to be in the codex, they surely will show them tonight?

Nids are done. They've shown everything coming for the foreseeable. Tonight it's the marines turn.

15 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

They did not. Gone, like tears in the rain.

Hopefully we see it in plastic then. I'd also have liked the bolt pistol moritat too but they only released plasma and volkite :(

I’m not gonna lie, that last image spooked me.

I hope it’s the announcement of a plastic Deredeo.

However, my brain went “Legion Leviathan upgrades for the plastic kit”, current Leviathans going LCTB with no warning, so I panic ordered 2x Dark Angel Leviathans 2 minutes ago.

I know the day is coming, I’m hoping it isn’t actually today…