Daemon Primarch Fulgrim (for Heresy)

8 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

People have said this for years. Still hasn't happened.

Take a look here:

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/?yith_wcan=1&product_cat=chaos-primes

I would rather buy a Mortarion from that range instead of the bloated GW abomination. Nagash started the unrestrained trend of megagrowth for centre piece models and it spilled sadly over to 40K. 

I can't fault people for liking the model, obviously.

What I really don't understand is spending the money on this model knowing the wildly inconsistent quality of FW resin. Its an inredibly expensive single model, and its likely that it will come warped in parts or covered in release agent/sweating chemicals that won't come off no matter how much washing you do.

For years I didn't know that better resin existed but once I found out it was impossible to keep spending FW prices.

44 minutes ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

Take a look here:

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/?yith_wcan=1&product_cat=chaos-primes

I would rather buy a Mortarion from that range instead of the bloated GW abomination. Nagash started the unrestrained trend of megagrowth for centre piece models and it spilled sadly over to 40K. 

Third party stuff can be just as good or better these days, but GW isn't really suffering regardless of the quality and ease of acquiring these models.

And speaking of acquiring them; a lot  of those primarchs are just sold under license and you can get the stls for way cheaper if you can still find them  

2 hours ago, caladancid said:

What I really don't understand is spending the money on this model knowing the wildly inconsistent quality of FW resin. Its an inredibly expensive single model, and its likely that it will come warped in parts or covered in release agent/sweating chemicals that won't come off no matter how much washing you do.

For years I didn't know that better resin existed but once I found out it was impossible to keep spending FW prices.

In fairness, the new kits are fine. I grabbed Lucius and both Emperor's children praetors. Zero issues. 

In the past when I've had issues, customer service was spot on. I've no issues or fears.

For centrepieces like this as a one off, tis fine. I really don't like the third party minis.

6 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

The things that usually go horribly wrong for Forgeworld are typically vehicles, where you have large areas that need to be flat/square and consistently sized. Organic stuff and man sized things tend to be more forgiving.

Their more recent vehicles, like the arquitor and sabre, have thicker sides and I didn't have any trouble with needing to bend them or missized pieces. It's been a bit since I bought those, though.

Overall, I think they've definitely improved the kits. The newer kits look like they have a different resin as well. Not sure what they changed, but I don't really get greasy parts like I used to and I think they're lighter in color.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
grammar

6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Still seems weird that they would do Fulgrim in daemon form for 30k just before they most likely make one for 40k.

Remember the Custodes lol? Resin jetbikes come out in summer of 2017, plastics come out in winter of 2018.

They're also just operating on different schedules. They've probably been working on these for years, given previous statements at Open Days and all.

They're not going to want to delay them some indefinite amount of time, just to appease 40k's edition release schedule.

If they do one every six months, it's quite possible they'll have all of them out before EC come out in 40k, which is probably closer to two years out right now.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

59 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

They're also just operating on different schedules. They've probably been working on these for years, given previous statements at Open Days and all.

They're not going to want to delay them some indefinite amount of time, just to appease 40k's edition release schedule.

If they do one every six months, it's quite possible they'll have all of them out before EC come out in 40k, which is probably closer to two years out right now.

Supposedly 40k EC middle/late next year. Honestly the chaos marine codex being early next year will be the biggest giveaway.

15 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Supposedly 40k EC middle/late next year. Honestly the chaos marine codex being early next year will be the biggest giveaway.

The release of the regular CSM book won't impact. An independent EC codex won't have any bearing.

26 years and counting waiting for plastic noise marines...

20 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

The release of the regular CSM book won't impact. An independent EC codex won't have any bearing.

I think they're referencing the possiblity of another World Eaters situation where EC will be absent from the CSM Codex and GW will straight up just say they're coming if their independence is close enough.

1 hour ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I mean... Thats not true is it? There was absolutely no reason they had to do Fulgrim first, hes not tied into anything, hell, SG isnt even working on any specific era it seems; and GW was never going to be releasing a new force like EC early in 10th, or even late in 9th with World eaters and LoV there already, this release was entirely dick waving office politics.

Sure we got a nice model out of it but it is what it is.

42 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

26 years and counting waiting for plastic noise marines...

Don´t wait but better learn to play the guitar yourself. Groupies will throw themselves at you in no time and if Slaanesh smiles upon you there may even be a couple of dubious gender.

23 hours ago, caladancid said:

What I really don't understand is spending the money on this model knowing the wildly inconsistent quality of FW resin.

Other than a single kit (the Storm Eagle, infamous for its absolutely DIRE fit) out of all the kits I bought, 2 Primarchs, the Greater Keeper of Secrets, multiple tanks, 3 Knights, piles of Infantry kits (again excluding the Eagle) I never had an issue with FW Resin.

I'll never understand the resin haters.

Anyway, seeing this with Angron, and all the rest of the Primarchs I can only say 1 thing.

GW should redo Plastic Rob. Its really bad in comparison. lol

58 minutes ago, Scribe said:

I never had an issue with FW Resin. I'll never understand the resin haters.

Can you seriously not understand the tons of issues people have documented over the years if these issues did not happen to you?

Large vehicles with bent "walls" or insane mould slips. Deredeos with warped autocannon barrels. Holes, voids, pockmarks... I mean, FW resin is not Finecast, but it's still way worse than many other resin products I've had on my commission workshop.

Yeah i think "Ive only had one bad kit from a moderate number of purchases, therefore bad kits dont exist" says more about a lack of empathy on the posters part rather than FW's quality, ive certainly been significantly less lucky! 

23 minutes ago, Kastor Krieg said:

Can you seriously not understand the tons of issues people have documented over the years if these issues did not happen to you?

Large vehicles with bent "walls" or insane mould slips. Deredeos with warped autocannon barrels. Holes, voids, pockmarks... I mean, FW resin is not Finecast, but it's still way worse than many other resin products I've had on my commission workshop.

No, I really cannot understand the constant, unending "Great model, oh but its FW Resin so nope!" after all these years.

Finecast on the other hand, I never got a good one. Not one, even with replacements. :D

11 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Yeah i think "Ive only had one bad kit from a moderate number of purchases, therefore bad kits dont exist" says more about a lack of empathy on the posters part rather than FW's quality, ive certainly been significantly less lucky! 

It's just often not as logical as people pretend to be. Like complaining about Deredeo barrels when the new kit is covered from head to toe in seams. 

And they're generally made from a massive amount of pieces by comparison. It's all tradeoffs. 

Look at these instructions. 

image.thumb.png.9dc92970b7ea11d8b9eaf9d3c8ab5996.png

Like, you can complain about anything if you want to. I honestly think most of people's issues stems from the price, which is going to be an issue from person to person.

The complaining about it does get tedious. 

On 10/29/2023 at 1:55 AM, caladancid said:

What I really don't understand is spending the money on this model knowing the wildly inconsistent quality of FW resin.

Newer resin kits have generally been very good.

Obviously it's still resin, so heavy and brittle, but I expect the model to be pretty great.

The Daemon Fugrim is pretty darn perfect in terms of scale. He looks great towering over Guilliman and seems accurate next to Angron. I can't imagine a plastic version looking better, if they even make one.

5 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

It's just often not as logical as people pretend to be. Like complaining about Deredeo barrels when the new kit is covered from head to toe in seams. 

And they're generally made from a massive amount of pieces by comparison. It's all tradeoffs. 

Look at these instructions. 

image.thumb.png.9dc92970b7ea11d8b9eaf9d3c8ab5996.png

Like, you can complain about anything if you want to. I honestly think most of people's issues stems from the price, which is going to be an issue from person to person.

The complaining about it does get tedious. 

Have you considered people just don't like the same elements of building as you? I've always liked the assembly of plastic models, it's a throwback to when I was a kid playing with lego. I dont mind going around each piece scraping the small mould lines.

I _do_ mind having to go through the faff of heating up pieces, bending them back into position, then heating them up again and bending them back because inevitably it's still not entirely straight. I do mind it when my tank doesn't go together properly because a piece is 5 mm out of wack through no fault of my own on such a thick piece that there's no way of getting the proper shape back without melting the details off. In fact, I do mind when the instructions are so threadbare I can't figure out how piece A is supposed to slot into piece B

=][= This is not the place for the pros or cons of resin modeling, it is for the discussion of the Fulgrim model. Discussing the issues with resin in relation to Fulgrim is appropriate, but a general discussion about resin is not. Keep it on topic fraters. =][=