Daemon Primarch Fulgrim (for Heresy)

55 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Ka'bandha is $440 Canadian or 230GBP. I'm assuming Fulgrim will be similar or more. I'm working on saving/ selling stuff for 500CAD to make sure I've enough for him. It'll be the most expensive mini I've ever purchased but it's a one off and it's beautiful.

I'm hoping he's cheaper and smaller than Ka'bandha. Fingers crossed he's on a 100mm so I can just swap him out with 40k Fulgrim when the time comes. Keep in mind Ka'bandha is on a 170 oval which is a ridiculously huge base.

46 minutes ago, Aztek said:

I'm hoping he's cheaper and smaller than Ka'bandha. Fingers crossed he's on a 100mm so I can just swap him out with 40k Fulgrim when the time comes. Keep in mind Ka'bandha is on a 170 oval which is a ridiculously huge base.

The height on the wings combined with the scale against the scenery, I fear he's going to be super pricey.

Hopefully I'm over budgeting but we'll see. 

The model is gorgeous but I do wonder what they can do for the plastic 40k Fulgrim that will inevitably release during 10th/11th (with Thousand Sons, Death Guard and World Eaters out, the Emperors Children are a matter of when not if. Perhaps the 40k version will lose some of the armour and gracefulness and become a more straight up snake monster?

As nice as his model is, I do think those wings are going to make it an utter nightmare for storage, transport, perhaps even actually playing to some degree. 

I wonder when we'll see rules for him - perhaps contained within the full Ruinstorm book (whenever that comes)? He is daemonic after all and may well have some interaction with summoning minions etc.

I'm already starting to wonder what sort of list to run with him thematically - probably lots of Kakophoni, maybe more chaotic-looking Palatines, daemon allies. Certainly not a conventional (or even tactically useful) force, as that would be far too dull for Slaanesh's chosen.

Edited by Brother Kraskor

31 minutes ago, TheHaplessHeretic said:

I'm dreading the price of him, especially with how large those wings are. I also wonder how easy those wings will be to repose or if I'll just leave them off or swap them for a smaller, plastic pair.

Magnet the whole wing arms?

Might make them easier to not break (provided the magnets arent too strong), and maybe easier to transport them depending on your setup.

Either way, I feel like the wings are a lot of the appeal. 

I’m puzzled why they’re releasing this model for Heresy only, when Emperor’s Children will be here at some point. Unnecessary duplication?

To what extent can the 40k version really deviate from this one, given the artwork of Fulgrim to date?

Feels a bit predatory; GW knows there are a bunch of EC players out there who want Fulgrim, can get double sales between now and whenever 40k Fulgrim drops (2025/2026?).

9 minutes ago, TrevorLoLz said:

I’m puzzled why they’re releasing this model for Heresy only, when Emperor’s Children will be here at some point. Unnecessary duplication?

To what extent can the 40k version really deviate from this one, given the artwork of Fulgrim to date?

Feels a bit predatory; GW knows there are a bunch of EC players out there who want Fulgrim, can get double sales between now and whenever 40k Fulgrim drops (2025/2026?).

They're talking about doing the other demon primarchs in resin as well though, so Angron, Magnus and Mortarion are all coming, with bigger price points to match. Also those EC players are probably better off waiting another 2 years for the cheaper plastic one to fit in with the EC range refresh.

I know Valrak said in a video that he'd heard EC were rumoured to be out next autumn, but we'll see if that happens...(unless GW want to start putting out a primarch model a year to boost sales).

42 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

I know Valrak said in a video that he'd heard EC were rumoured to be out next autumn, but we'll see if that happens...(unless GW want to start putting out a primarch model a year to boost sales).

In all fairness, we did get Magnus, Guilliman and Mortarion all in less than a year, so it's not really out of the realm of possibility.

Fulgrim just has the added oddity of his HH daemon model coming out before the plastic 40k one is even in sight, but I wouldn't really put any stock into HH model releases "interfering" with what's transpiring on the 40k front, or vice versa. It just happened to, well, happen this way. That's about it.

And like you yourself pointed out, they're planning to do the other Daemon Primarchs for HH as well, and someone else in this thread also mentioned that the 40k Daemon Primarchs didn't get rules for HH either, so as far as I'm concerned it all lines up pretty nicely. 

does make me think that the 40k version will have continued with the mutations to the point it will barely be recoginisable as human.... ie maby just the face remains, those weedy arms upscaling to match sccale of the serpentine body, more greater deamon style matching in with armour strapped on and such. also why even state that and not bank extra sales... 

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2023 at 8:50 AM, Brother nathan said:

does make me think that the 40k version will have continued with the mutations to the point it will barely be recoginisable as human.... ie maby just the face remains, those weedy arms upscaling to match sccale of the serpentine body, more greater deamon style matching in with armour strapped on and such. also why even state that and not bank extra sales... 

I've got a way different theory as to why Daemon Fulgrim came out in resin and not plastic.

2 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

I'll be setting my alarm for 0100 local time as FW pre order doesn't take local time into account unlike the normal webstore.

Thank goodness Friday is payday as well. Bets on $440 pre tax price tag.

I'd set your alarm for 9:55am uk time on Saturday instead. It won't be a typical FW Friday release. 

4 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Just checked, it IS a Friday pre order.

If I try on Saturday I've every faith he'll be out of stock!

Fair enough, figured it'd be the same as Horus Ascended as he was released on the GW and FW site simultaneously on a Saturday. 

And unless I'm blind, they've removed the mention of a Friday preorder in the article as I've just read it. Happy to be proven wrong though. 

Edited by Waaagh?

2 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Video says friday.

Aye but as its now been removed from the article apparently it may be an error (they'd probably not remove the vid for something minor). Wouldn't be the first time and with GW selling primarchs on the main site too (and having horus be sat) it's not unlikely. 

Though I suppose the best thing is to set for Friday and if its not up then alarm set for Sat. 

Edited by Waaagh?

2 hours ago, Waaagh? said:

Aye but as its now been removed from the article apparently it may be an error (they'd probably not remove the vid for something minor). Wouldn't be the first time and with GW selling primarchs on the main site too (and having horus be sat) it's not unlikely. 

Though I suppose the best thing is to set for Friday and if its not up then alarm set for Sat. 

It never said in the article it said in the video. Honestly, please move on