Daemon Primarch Fulgrim (for Heresy)

8 hours ago, Joe said:

Lovely vindication to wake up to; as I've said more than a few times before, Simon Egan gave us a list of everything he was working on or planning to work on back in 2019 at the last Heresy event. It's nice to see another model out of that list.

Delightful looking model; I don't play EC, but I may have to pick him up.

Screenshot_20230831_062501_Discord.png

Does that mean the other god aligned Primarchs are also getting resin sculpts?

Edited by Lay

24 minutes ago, Lay said:

Does that mean the other god aligned Primarchs are also getting resin sculpts?

If Simon is sticking to the original plan, then yes, it would certainly lean that way.

And that's fine, because honestly, more detailed versions of the Daemon Primarch's that are a smidge closer to the aesthetic that's used for 30k is great.

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

If Simon is sticking to the original plan, then yes, it would certainly lean that way.

And that's fine, because honestly, more detailed versions of the Daemon Primarch's that are a smidge closer to the aesthetic that's used for 30k is great.

When Horus Ascended was teased fulll year ago they said they want to show traitor Primarchs from the end of Heresy "fully under the sway of Chaos". All Primarchs are supposed to have early and late version.

Absolutely exquisite model, and such an immense glow up from his previous weak HH sculpt.

The serpentine coils, the posture lithe but full of power, the twisted weapons and armour, those immense wings, that stunningly sculpted face. I'm just as in awe as I feel someone should be in-universe for Daemon Fulgrim.

Someone said earlier how would ge defer from a  40k version visually? Imagine 10k years seaking your wildest pleasures out for every second of that stretch. He'll probably be bigger, nastier, and maybe beautiful in a way that only makes sense to a Daemon Primarch. 

Also, one of the best looking models ever.

The model is awesome. That's the word. I like it more than the "loyal" one I must say. In the other, I expected other miniature before this, like the Khan in jetbike o Logar Ascended.

But, anyway, is a awesome miniature. Especially for pro painters.

31 minutes ago, SalamandersBro said:

Someone said earlier how would ge defer from a  40k version visually? Imagine 10k years seaking your wildest pleasures out for every second of that stretch. He'll probably be bigger, nastier, and maybe beautiful in a way that only makes sense to a Daemon Primarch. 

Also, one of the best looking models ever.

Easy, make him fat.

Other than that probably equipment, since usually fulgrim is depicted with 3 swords and a whip, instead of 2 swords and a spear.

It’s nice to get a heresy character that isn’t for the sons of Horus or Imperial Fists for a change :biggrin:

Joking aside this is a fantastic model, genuinely one of the best, if not the best model FW have done. I’d both love to own it and simultaneously will never buy it as I couldn’t do it justice. 

20 minutes ago, Sea Creature said:

I don’t think it’s completely out of the realm of possibility it’ll get a 40K data sheet.

I doubt it with EC being worked on currently. Best case scenario would be you could proxy this model in over the plastic Fulgrim...assuming same weapon options of course.

A better way of looking at this is:

Did the 40k Demon Primarchs get HH rules?

Absolutely stunning. In terms of the design, it's everything I ever wanted from Fulgrim. Honestly there's not a lot to say on the model's appearance beyond 'wow'. Blown away.

I really hope that this heralds some mid to late heresy rules for the Emperor's Children in 30k (beyond snake man himself), as what we have currently is quite firmly aimed at early Heresy. The Third go hard and fast into damnation and I'd like to see more than just a handful of early augments and a rite of war to represent how far they go off the deep end. Bring on the combat drugs. Hopefully also some newer upgrade kits or units were designed alongside the Praetors and Lucius we received last year to support his release. The EC range is gorgeous and well-rounded but largely old (and often tiny compared to newer models). I'd like some Phoenix Terminators that aren't midgets.

There are some downsides. As others have said, it looks like an absolute nightmare to transport, will likely be very fragile, and if I ever want to use him in a game - as presumably he'll be a pricey danger noodle in points terms - I'll need to paint up a great many models to facilitate that. There's also the FW tax, especially as an Australian. He's going to be hideously expensive.  Firmly seeing this as a collector's piece and one I'd only ever consider because of how much of an EC fan I am.

The decision to release him in resin for Heresy before 40k is an interesting one. Mixed feelings there. At this stage there can be little doubt that EC are in line to be the fourth and final of the cult legions, and GW know the community is waiting with bated breath, most with the assumption that they'll be out this edition. They'll have surely been aware that as magnificent as this model is, after the initial 'omg' the second reaction of the majority of fans will have been 'why is this not the plastic release like his other ascended brothers'. I'd have thought that GW would want their plastic version to come out before the resin version. So long as this doesn't impact that release and we're still on the near horizon, all will be well. The 20-year-old 3rd edition finecast noise marine upgrade kit is atrocious and needs to be replaced.

7 minutes ago, Sea Creature said:

I don’t think it’s completely out of the realm of possibility it’ll get a 40K data sheet.

I mean, this -

** Let’s rip the plaster off now – no, this model won’t be getting rules for Warhammer 40,000.

- sounds pretty definitive to me.

18 minutes ago, Marshal Loss said:

They'll have surely been aware that as magnificent as this model is, after the initial 'omg' the second reaction of the majority of fans will have been 'why is this not the plastic release like his other ascended brothers'. I'd have thought that GW would want their plastic version to come out before the resin version. So long as this doesn't impact that release and we're still on the near horizon, all will be well. The 20-year-old 3rd edition finecast noise marine upgrade kit is atrocious and needs to be replaced.

There's the 2 Rob's though. I'm sure that eventually EC will get their due in Plastic.

One thing I forgot to add to the wall of text above: I hope this also means EC will play a starring role in the next HH campaign book as we've essentially been overlooked since Book 2: Massacre.

11 minutes ago, Scribe said:

There's the 2 Rob's though. I'm sure that eventually EC will get their due in Plastic.

Very true - and what better to put down two Smurfs than two Fulgrims? :tongue:

2 hours ago, Marshal Loss said:

One thing I forgot to add to the wall of text above: I hope this also means EC will play a starring role in the next HH campaign book as we've essentially been overlooked since Book 2: Massacre.

Very true - and what better to put down two Smurfs than two Fulgrims? :tongue:

Maybe overlooked but the Praetors and Lucius are glorious. Compared with other legions I've no complaints.

23 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

How to 100% confirm you want any 40k Emperor's Children players to Quit and move to HH because you have no intention of supporting their army in 40k.

23 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

And what makes you think it will?

I think if they released a plastic 40k Daemon Fulgrim first than this wouldn't sell as well. 

17 hours ago, Alby the Slayer said:

Aside from this amazing looking model, I wonder if the choice to not use this model as 40k Fulgrim is to be found in something happening to the Primarch of the third legion in the actual 40k.  Some new lore we don't know yet?

7 hours ago, SalamandersBro said:

Someone said earlier how would ge defer from a  40k version visually?

5 hours ago, Scribe said:

When 40k Rob was released, the designer talked about how 40k has a different style (i.e. is more stylized) than 30k. I could see them using either of these as the basis for a 40k Daemon Fulgrim

image.png.336502db560b850f905bc7ed05267560.pngimage.png.b72abd3cbf513165673f890a8b4f556f.png

Still have the snake bod, but much more mutated head, and he's no longer wearing armour which resembles his pre-Daemon form.

Mortal Fulgrim

image.png.6781ecfeae170bc516c5268bc80f18d7.png

Fulgrim Transfigured

image.png.240b93c757a0962ed6763b25cf22acb4.png

8 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Maybe overlooked but the Praetors and Lucius are glorious. Compared with other legions I've no complaints.

Wasn't talking about models, mate - as per my above post I think we've got a great range. If EC never got another 30k model post-Fulgrim Transfigured I wouldn't be bothered. We're certainly not overlooked in terms of resin support.

Simply expressing a desire to see the EC getting a major presence in a campaign book, which they're yet to do. Bligh spoke at one Weekender about how Conquest was used in part as an opportunity to give the Sons of Horus & Death Guard a chance to shine at the kind of warfare they did best at Manachea and Dominica Minor respectively, after featuring at Isstvan III & V in largely predefined narratives. We went something like 9 years without a FW colour plate for EC between Massacre and Liber Hereticus. Something like Lorin Alpha paired off against the White Scars or the Siege of Inwit where the EC headed up a large traitor coalition would be a great chance to show the EC in their element (going absolute bonkers late in the heresy) and give FW an excuse to put Fulgrim's new rules in a campaign book. We're not the only legion who needs a bit of campaign limelight, but as one of the original four, we've actually received bizarrely little campaign attention in contrast to our great model range.

10 hours ago, Marshal Loss said:

Wasn't talking about models, mate - as per my above post I think we've got a great range. If EC never got another 30k model post-Fulgrim Transfigured I wouldn't be bothered. We're certainly not overlooked in terms of resin support.

Simply expressing a desire to see the EC getting a major presence in a campaign book, which they're yet to do. Bligh spoke at one Weekender about how Conquest was used in part as an opportunity to give the Sons of Horus & Death Guard a chance to shine at the kind of warfare they did best at Manachea and Dominica Minor respectively, after featuring at Isstvan III & V in largely predefined narratives. We went something like 9 years without a FW colour plate for EC between Massacre and Liber Hereticus. Something like Lorin Alpha paired off against the White Scars or the Siege of Inwit where the EC headed up a large traitor coalition would be a great chance to show the EC in their element (going absolute bonkers late in the heresy) and give FW an excuse to put Fulgrim's new rules in a campaign book. We're not the only legion who needs a bit of campaign limelight, but as one of the original four, we've actually received bizarrely little campaign attention in contrast to our great model range.

Apologies Frater, I misconstrued what you'd said.

Totally with you there, to see us in a Campaign book taking front and center would be glorious. Greater depth on such things would be great to read. Be a nice excuse for them to release a charnabal weapon set as well. I'd love to be able to equip characters/ inductii appropriately without resorting to 3d printing.

32 minutes ago, Craig said:

Anyone have any idea of cost? For a comparable size forge world model what are we talking?

Ka'bandha is $440 Canadian or 230GBP. I'm assuming Fulgrim will be similar or more. I'm working on saving/ selling stuff for 500CAD to make sure I've enough for him. It'll be the most expensive mini I've ever purchased but it's a one off and it's beautiful.