Daemon Primarch Fulgrim (for Heresy)

14 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

It never said in the article it said in the video. Honestly, please move on

No problem, you didn't clarify so thought you meant the article. Just trying to help as someone who recently stopped working for GW and knows how they do things. 

Hope you manage to get your preorder in. 

Most recent WarCom article says Saturday.

Thank you for covering so much about the design of this gorgeous miniature, Sam. Fulgrim Transfigured is available to pre-order on Saturday, and his rules are available in Warhammer: The Horus Heresy – Exemplary Battles of The Age of Darkness: Volume One.

Also, it seems as if they've got another sculptor working on the Primarch series now; unless Simon Egan has changed his first name to Sam.

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

Also, it seems as if they've got another sculptor working on the Primarch series now; unless Simon Egan has changed his first name to Sam.

IIRC he's been occasionally referred to as Sam before in the past.

16 minutes ago, Joe said:

They've referred to him as Sam Egan before I think, so I think it's the nickname he goes by. You can read at the top of the article:

His beautiful and terrifying new form was captured by veteran miniatures designer Sam, who was also responsible for 14 of the original Primarch miniatures, as well as the terrifying Horus Ascended.

22 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

It's the same chap,.his job is primarchs.

Have also confirmed that it's Friday for pre order as the article initially said Saturday, they've clarified that was an error so Friday it is.

Appreciate the clarification. Gonna try to get a snake Primarch.

1 minute ago, Aztek said:

Appreciate the clarification. Gonna try to get a snake Primarch.

I'm going to try... I fear I'm going to be very tired and either elated or grumpy on Friday depending on how this goes. 

Based on the cities of Sigmar release pricing too, I'm terrified as to what the price will be.

2 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Based on the cities of Sigmar release pricing too, I'm terrified as to what the price will be.

Just trade in some organs, Most of them fail down the line anyway...

Also just take any questions like "where did you get these" or "what have you done you mini-addled sicko?!" and restructure them mentally into cordial invitations to "please, do take my organs. All of them, I insist!". It's what Fulgrim would want. :turned:

1 hour ago, Nephaston said:

Just trade in some organs, Most of them fail down the line anyway...

Also just take any questions like "where did you get these" or "what have you done you mini-addled sicko?!" and restructure them mentally into cordial invitations to "please, do take my organs. All of them, I insist!". It's what Fulgrim would want. :turned:

I've been selling stuff to pay for it so should be ok.

However, I'm due for wisdom teeth removal on Friday so my eternal pessimism worries about my return...

Thankfully my wife is fully behind Fulgrim's purchase as I turned 40 this year and was genuinely elated when his trailer dropped out of nowhere.

I'm placing bets on $450CAD plus tax...

The best Primarch sculpt ever done by a mile. We'll see how it's priced, especially in AUD - the breathtakingly terrible corrupted EC rules has taken the wind out of my sails somewhat in terms of motivation, so not sure if I'll purchase on day one. Don't want something that expensive sitting in a box unpainted.

On 10/22/2023 at 2:00 PM, 01RTB01 said:

Which is?

I believe he'll be the first Daemon Primarch to die for good. I don't think the daemon Fulgrim has actually been Fulgrim for a very long time before he even became a Daemon prince in the first place and there's alot of evidence to support it. The scuttlebutt awhile back was that some Primarchs would return with different allegiances and Fulgrim seems like the most obvious one for that to happen to all things considered.

27 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

I believe he'll be the first Daemon Primarch to die for good. I don't think the daemon Fulgrim has actually been Fulgrim for a very long time before he even became a Daemon prince in the first place and there's alot of evidence to support it. The scuttlebutt awhile back was that some Primarchs would return with different allegiances and Fulgrim seems like the most obvious one for that to happen to all things considered.

Fulgrim has been Fulgrim "proper" since the reflection cracked short story unless I've missed something? I'd be interested to read that.

However, I honestly can't see them releasing Emperor's Children for 40k without a plastic Fulgrim..I guess we'll see in time but for now,.I'll take the resin.

14 hours ago, Waaagh? said:

No problem, you didn't clarify so thought you meant the article. Just trying to help as someone who recently stopped working for GW and knows how they do things. 

Hope you manage to get your preorder in. 

Apologies frater if I seems short. Lack of sleep, ambiguity and pre order stress combined with work, family and impending surgery... No excuse but apologies nonetheless. Thank you for helping.

3 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Fulgrim has been Fulgrim "proper" since the reflection cracked short story unless I've missed something? I'd be interested to read that.

Speculation on my part but after he supposedly got his body back when the mirror cracked he was basically completely evil and a totally different guy even used psychic powers he never previously had. Then there's the story about Rylanor and the Thousand sons sorcerers they turned on Fulgrim because when they looked at both of their souls Rylanor's shone brightly and Fulgrim's was withered and pitiful essentially a hollow void where a soul should be and then we come to the issue of the loyal clone Fulgrim actually having a soul... So to me it seems like Fulgrim never really returned to his body at least not all of him and the clone really is Fulgrim all the parts that were never corrupted by the laer blade wich was responsible for every terrible mistake he made up until he "came back" from the mirror and then he just gives it away and is totally mad because the only part of his soul that did return was the corrupted part. Would also explain why Bile had no clue why the clone was perfect and uncorrupted as if he had never encountered the blade in the first place. 

Sure clone Fulgrim could be a throwaway plot and we get some bizzare plastic future Daemon Fulgrim with crappier looking armour and less detailed scales but then why commission a FW version of him if there isn't going to be some huge plot twist and a cheaper version will be available a year from now anyway. The loyal Fulgrim returning would be incredible and right one of the biggest tragedies of the entire Heresy.  Or maybe we get both I'd love to see loyal Clonegrim square off with :cuss: Daemon Fulgrim.

4 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Speculation on my part but after he supposedly got his body back when the mirror cracked he was basically completely evil and a totally different guy even used psychic powers he never previously had. Then there's the story about Rylanor and the Thousand sons sorcerers they turned on Fulgrim because when they looked at both of their souls Rylanor's shone brightly and Fulgrim's was withered and pitiful essentially a hollow void where a soul should be and then we come to the issue of the loyal clone Fulgrim actually having a soul... So to me it seems like Fulgrim never really returned to his body at least not all of him and the clone really is Fulgrim all the parts that were never corrupted by the laer blade wich was responsible for every terrible mistake he made up until he "came back" from the mirror and then he just gives it away and is totally mad because the only part of his soul that did return was the corrupted part. Would also explain why Bile had no clue why the clone was perfect and uncorrupted as if he had never encountered the blade in the first place. 

Sure clone Fulgrim could be a throwaway plot and we get some bizzare plastic future Daemon Fulgrim with crappier looking armour and less detailed scales but then why commission a FW version of him if there isn't going to be some huge plot twist and a cheaper version will be available a year from now anyway. The loyal Fulgrim returning would be incredible and right one of the biggest tragedies of the entire Heresy.  Or maybe we get both I'd love to see loyal Clonegrim square off with :cuss: Daemon Fulgrim.

loyalist Clone-Grim would be one of the best plot points of modern 40k however GW seems to be sticking to status quo/basic scifi tropes so i doubt they would do it. 

12 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Nothing quite like robbing long time fans of a faction of the long awaited grand reappearance of a beloved character with a plastic model to boot for the sake of an entirely unnecessary narrative shakeup that would result in absolutely nothing of value changing as most of GW's narratives tend to do.

"We know how much you crazy kids have been waiting for the Emperor's Children to receive the same treatment as the rest of the Cult Legions, so here you go. No Fulgrim though, you're getting Leman Russ instead, who now serves Chaos. But worry not, Space Wolves fans, the Imperium's getting a Primarch too. It's Fulgrim! Surely everyone's happy with this turn of events"

Edited by DeadFingers

5 hours ago, sarabando said:

loyalist Clone-Grim would be one of the best plot points of modern 40k however GW seems to be sticking to status quo/basic scifi tropes so i doubt they would do it. 

I agree. Would love to see him fight demon Fulgrim. 

5 hours ago, DeadFingers said:

"We know how much you crazy kids have been waiting for the Emperor's Children to receive the same treatment as the rest of the Cult Legions, so here you go. No Fulgrim though, you're getting Leman Russ instead, who now serves Chaos. But worry not, Space Wolves fans, the Imperium's getting a Primarch too. It's Fulgrim! Surely everyone's happy with this turn of events"

Not quite.

You’ll get a Deamon Fulgrim.

Then a Loylaist Fulgrim comes out of the woodwork.

Who is the imposter now?

Daemon primarchs dont really change though, arguably as a sock puppet for a warp god there isnt even much there to develop. Sure Fulgrim can shapeshift, but when it comes to a fight he always assumes his "true" form of a big winged snake dude. (Magnus too i guess)

There might be some minor changes, like Angron changing weapons, but thats the only one i can think of right now, and he used that one sword for nearly ten thousand years and it took a spectacular Grey knight action to break it.

*snort* Though now ive remembered Mortations heart lol... So i guess Fulgrim might have a run in with the boys in silver coming up? :P