Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - Print On Demand

Lord Marshal

QiG78ji26ZH2iWx2.jpg

Take a trip down memory lane, and get a fascinating glimpse into the rich history of the game with this faithful reprint of the original edition of Warhammer 40,000, first released in 1987.

Previously only available to purchase at Warhammer World, this 288-page Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader book will be available on a Print on Demand basis until 8am BST on Monday the 23rd of October 2023 and will ship within 180 days of the ordering window closing. Make sure to secure this must-have collectors item while you can!

From WarCom.

Also the Legiones Astartes Battle Group, MKIII Tacticals, Deredeo and SoH Weapons are up for pre-order next week too, but the thread's locked for that. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

6 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Also the Legiones Astartes Battle Group, MKIII Tacticals, Deredeo and SoH Weapons are up for pre-order next week too, but the thread's locked for that. 

If you report the topics, we can unlock them for the updates. :wink:

If the price point on the book is low enough (I still haven't decided what that might be, however), I may get this. My old paperback copy is nice and all, but I'd love a hardback edition.

4 minutes ago, Xirix said:

Just of note, according to the twitter, the box set is limited and when it's gone it's gone.

I predict it will be bought out by scalpers within 5 mins and then listed on eBay for more than it would cost to buy the minis separately. And somehow, people will still buy all the scalpers stock.

I was hoping it would be LI this week, not because I'm interested in it but it would mean this Battle Group box coming later. It's a really good looking box and I was looking forward to it but I'm not in the right position to pick it up now. It's probably a good thing though, I'm not sure I can justify adding another 30 marines to an already marine heavy back log. 

The re print of the Rogue Trader is nice, maybe not for me but a nice thing to see.

Might be tempted by Rogue trader depending on the price, my Original copy is a bit battered by use and time :D I really wish theyd do a wider POD for the Realms of Chaos books as i never got those as a basic kid :( 

I have the original soft back in great condition and browse through it about once a year. I highly recommend it if you’re a fan of retro, and for some of us nostalgia. This is a definite buy for me so I can look through it comfortably without having a panic attack whenever my kids come near it. I am very much happy to see GW re-releasing retro items and keeping to some of the original designs with new updated character models.

I have been wishing for the Rogue Trader release for the 40 Anniversary since the Index Astartes book was released with the last anniversary.

I have to say it seems like yesterday the releases of everything was at a super snails pace and now it’s at warp speed. Financially difficult to keep up with and it’s a bit of a turn off that there are so many “limited” releases causing 40K hoarders like my self panic and stress. Sigh….then there is Epic HH closing in. RT book will have to make the top of the list though.

2 minutes ago, Mumeishi said:

I never got to play it so I ask  Q- Are Rogue trader rules better than 10th Ed ?... cause if they are then everyone should just get this book and start fresh :tongue:... 

M  

Yes. Lol.

It's more a tabletop RPG. 2nd edition was the first main ruleset where it was treated as a wargame.

I still have my original '87 release copy, this is an excellent book that I love dearly. Bit annoying they end the order date a week before payday or I'd have gotten a new copy.

24 minutes ago, Mumeishi said:

I never got to play it so I ask  Q- Are Rogue trader rules better than 10th Ed ?... cause if they are then everyone should just get this book and start fresh :tongue:... 

M  

All joking apart one of the things most don't realise is that there are rules within the book for creating your own profiles for infantry and vehicles allowing an enormous range of freedom. It can be played just like any other edition of 40k really, you don't really need a GM if you don't want one but it can be fun.

Trick is getting someone to play it with you.

4 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Might be tempted by Rogue trader depending on the price, my Original copy is a bit battered by use and time :D I really wish theyd do a wider POD for the Realms of Chaos books as i never got those as a basic kid :( 

If I remember correctly, the book was £40 last time I went to Warhammer World (about a year or so ago). They had LOADS on the shelf.

I will be upgrading to a nice hard copy when this becomes available (my PB copy is starting to fall apart).  I was hoping they would collect all the RT books into one big omnibus for the anniversary (RT, L&tD, StD, etc) but still happy with just the RT book.  Maybe next anniversary for a combined L&tD/StD?