Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - Print On Demand

Lord Marshal

2 hours ago, Kloros Endall said:

Apologies if this a stupid question but I’ve been playing since Rogue Trader and never had FOMO until this release. Does it go live at midnight U.K. time? And whereabouts on the GW website do you order? New and exclusive?

New stuff usually goes live at 10am UK time or a few minutes before. Because this is a print on demand release as long as you order before the cut-off at 8am Monday 23rd you won't miss out.

I recommend NOT trying to order at 10am because the website is likely to be struggling under the load as people race the scalpers to get the other new releases.

Edited by Cactus

40 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It's probably somewhere around $50-60 USD, which isn't bad at all.

It's $100NZ, the new heresy book is $99NZ which is the same price as hormagaunts. 

For Canadians that's $60. So whatever you pay for hormagaunts it should be there or thereabouts. A very pleasant surprise.

12 hours ago, Kloros Endall said:

Apologies if this a stupid question but I’ve been playing since Rogue Trader and never had FOMO until this release. Does it go live at midnight U.K. time? And whereabouts on the GW website do you order? New and exclusive?

Preorders go up at 10am UK time, but seriously don't rush for this. Everyone who orders prior to Monday 23 October is guaranteed to get one, and if you try to get it at 10am you'll probably encounter a site getting swarmed by people going after the Heresy battlegroup box which is limited availability.

Edit: According to the webstore listing the order window is actually until 6 November, not 23 Oct as reported by WarCom.

Edited by Halandaar

IMHO 55 € for this book is too much.

I started this hobby by the end of 2nd edition so this has not the nostalgic appeal to me. 

I am more in line with the third edition style (the best one for me) and I already saw many items the iconic images in this one. A shame.

Edited by Alby the Slayer

4 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Everyone who orders prior to Monday 23 October is guaranteed to get one

It would appear that GW lengthened the ordering window to 6th November according to the store listing:biggrin: 

Annoyingly, it's a bit hard to find on the site - it's not in the pre-orders, but search finds it.

1 minute ago, Doghouse said:

That's great, I don't understand why they do some of these things to end a week before payday.

Completely agree, MTOs are not like mainline products which get revealed weeks/months in advance and you can plan/save for, you don't even know the run exists until 6 days before it happens and you usually only get 7 days after that to buy in. It seems pretty obvious to me that they'd maximise sales by running them at the end of the month when most people are getting paid and might have the capacity to make an impulse purchase.

2 hours ago, Alby the Slayer said:

IMHO 55 € for this book is too much.

I started this hobby by the end of 2nd edition so this has not the nostalgic appeal to me. 

I am more in line with the third edition style (the best one for me) and I already saw many items the iconic images in this one. A shame.

It's the same price that it's been in Warhammer world for a long ol time. They've not jacked the price up and it's price is inline/ less than other equivalents.

I'm not sure what you were hoping for/ looking to pay but that is reasonable in the current market.

2 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

It's the same price that it's been in Warhammer world for a long ol time. They've not jacked the price up and it's price is inline/ less than other equivalents.

I'm not sure what you were hoping for/ looking to pay but that is reasonable in the current market.

Long old time in this case is over a year.

My last trip to Warhammer World was the end of September 2022 and this book was £40 then.

Most GW products have had a price rise since then.

11 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Am I missing something, or are these not up on the US site?

US preorders go live at 10 AM pacific time, which is 1 PM eastern time.

(40 minutes from now)

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Got mine ordered. I came into the hobby around 4th edition (I think) and I'm very much looking forward to this. It's feels like one of those things that you missed, like a band that broke up before you were born.

Been trying to give my Heresy Blood Angels an old school vibe so I'm sure there will be lots of things to inspire some ideas.

I have been into the hobby a long time, and came into it at the time of Third Edition 40k.

So I missed out on this book.

I actually wanted to buy a copy when I was at Warhammer World back in February, but it had been out of stock.

So this will be my chance.

I am very curious for this.

Preordered.

Crossing my fingers mine turns up soon! I was able to pick up a copy of Slaves to Darkness at the Warhammer Cafe but they had sold out of Slaves to Darkness by the time I arrived. Crossing my fingers they're able to get more in, Warhammer World is quite a long flight away and I'd love a complete set.

Mine was dispatched today, so I should have it tomorrow. Alongside a significantly rarer GW book, the Necromunda Core Rulebook :laugh:.

On 10/14/2023 at 12:00 AM, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

Also very low model count. That´s why GW hates Rogue Trader and 2nd 40K.

I adore 2nd edition sized armies. 3-4 squads, a few characters and one vehicle that's the centerpiece. They look so much better on the tabletop too, things are spread out and not clumped together in blobs behind cover or parking lots of vehicles. Most modern 40k games are aesthetically displeasing to look at. I really wish modern rulesets supported that size game well, but they just don't work very well for it.

4 hours ago, Trokair said:

Todays post:

DSCF0045.JPG?ex=65424716&is=652fd216&hm=b162220136b43fb8a130ae1fe635a16bc238d44c8a50f75e2b1bbd5c8f4aaf00&

I am little surprised at how quickly this turned up, I guess they must have had some stock already printed. 

Wow, sooner than I thought! :biggrin:

Had an email earlier but didn't believe it.

I was expecting $80+ USD (given GW's trends to have the codexes be around about +$20 for BRB's and codexes over UK exchange rate) happy to be pleasantly surprised.

Edit: Saw someone say 55, but they said Euros, not pounds, whoops.

Just saw it's actually only 40 quid, so, their standard recent +$20-or-so over exchange rate at $65.

Edited by Dark Legionnare