Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - Print On Demand

Lord Marshal

5 minutes ago, MoriyaSchism said:

I just checked my email and saw the same message. This is a really shoddy way to run a webstore and I would prefer wait for them to sort their things out than to cancel parts of my already paid for 282 euro order. Getting a partial refund is not really comforting in this scenario, it's the bare minimum they can do. I will be emailing them again about this order. orderdetails.thumb.PNG.b2cfa98d79d48be957855b3cafc6db47.PNG

Sorry to hear that it happened to you too. I emailed them already but at this stage they are probably immune to angry emails given the multitude they are receiving these days.

I received today my Rogue Trader book. Hooray! I can´t wait to do a battle report. Obviously it will take place on Shepherd III which is an Imperial Agriworld. 

The plot is that Farmer Joe´s ranch has been sacked by Bad Moonz. They want to turn his pig farm into a lucrative pork business with gene-enhanced, humongous pigs which deliver more tasty pork to the consumer. Being a conservative Bio-Farmer Joe was naturally appalled by the idea of doing big business with his piggies. He barricaded himself in his blast-proof cellar (panic room) and sent out a distress signal to anybody listening to help him out. Naturally the Iron Hands received his call and promised to lend him a hand to stop orkoid corporates ruin his peaceful farming life. Death to the Xenos!

Stuff which is missing for the scenario:

I have the marines and the orks although I need to build a cottage with a few fences first. A pig pen would be neat and maybe a visit to Schleich would be prudent to get some much needed pigs. In addition a nice patch of wet dirt where they can roll around would be fun too.

For all those who haven´t caught on this scenario will be a spoof of the classic Battle at the Barn battle report.  

Question:

GW released an ork with a pig back in the day. Are there any alternatives to such a model out there?

I was notified by GW that they shipped my copy of Rogue Trader.

On 2/27/2024 at 4:45 PM, Etruscan said:

Sorry to hear that it happened to you too. I emailed them already but at this stage they are probably immune to angry emails given the multitude they are receiving these days.

I received a reply from GW after I asked about Exemplary Battles. Hopefully they stay true to their word and I don't have to restort to scalpers to get a copy.
image.thumb.png.e1047f833c1221606cfbb1e812f19330.png

Just finished a re-read of this.  Equal parts nostalgia and weirdness, especially compared to the po-faced modern iteration of the game.

Now I want a combined Slaves to Darkness/Lost & the Damned follow up (and maybe an omnibus of whatever else is left over from that edition) :thumbsup:

On 3/2/2024 at 12:31 PM, Felix Antipodes said:

Just finished a re-read of this.  Equal parts nostalgia and weirdness, especially compared to the po-faced modern iteration of the game.

Now I want a combined Slaves to Darkness/Lost & the Damned follow up (and maybe an omnibus of whatever else is left over from that edition) :thumbsup:

GW could do me a lot of financial harm if they started doing more oldhammer reprints - Angels of Death, 2nd and 3rd edition. I'd pick them all up.

And I know I could get them off ebay but finding one in good condition is a problem. And expensive.