17th November preview event

1 minute ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It could be they do a Dark Angels army box with those and a LE Codex in it.

Could be, but previously roadmaps always pointed to the first appearance of the codex, not the later seperate release. ( but I personally dont believe GW is strong with patterns anyway so..)

Though this is the first box of its kind in datasheet card and Combat patrol era as well, so there is also that. ( though I dont assume Belial + 5 Knights + 10 Terminators is combat patrol sized ?)

" Extreme Wishful thinking" is that the box will accompany a new campaign that follows up where we left... Dark angels in chase of Vashtorr, then leading up to a second book that has more webway and old one plot shenanigans in summer to coincide with the eldar releases and it all accumulates end of next year into Emperors children through that eldar focus... GW carefully crafting the lose ends of Gathering storm and Arks of Omen together, and showing they havent forgotten certain elements.

/extreme wishful thinking off.

8 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

That is the current rumour, as presented by his lordship of the foil, @Chapter Master Valrak.

Personally I will be all over a DA launch box if its full of Deathwing as rumoured.

32 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

btw the preview event might give valrak a wrong too.. on tomb kings..

Doubt it.

The 3 days to go image seems to confirm it clearly.

image.thumb.png.e48be92b5f181b8c8c87e82bbaf527d8.png

Regardless, Odd that we'd be getting Dark Angels stuff now since it's Necrons and Admech up next, i'd've guessed that 2 40k videos would mean the reveal of another new Admech thing alongside Orikan.

5 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Uh oh, some people are not going to be happy about Valrak getting another prediction right. :laugh:

Until we get the exodites he "promised" years ago, he will always be a liar in my book, even if he gets everything else right until eternity :p

25 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Follow up on my previous response to this.

I did the math and, if its Belial + Knights + 5 deathwing terminators (and I misremembered the 10) it would actually fit a combat patrol points wise, pricewise it wont be a huge discount.. but since everything is new its not beyond the realm of possibility.

Im still wondering if this is one of the motivators behind combat patrol mode, a replacement for LE boxes with codexes in there ( harder to control logistics ) and versus boxes ( risky and unpopular sales method.)

ofcourse AoS right now still has the LE battletomes in army boxes, but they might get their own combat patrol mode next summer.

14 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Doubt it.

The 3 days to go image seems to confirm it clearly.

Regardless, Odd that we'd be getting Dark Angels stuff now since it's Necrons and Admech up next, i'd've guessed that 2 40k videos would mean the reveal of another new Admech thing alongside Orikan.

Not the wrong Im talking about, Tomb kings was 100% going to be in the show, what I meant was;

I was assured it was valrak who said that Tomb kings would get a new character on chariot and a mummy unit for tomb kings.. and only that as far as new plastics go.

But lately he talks about the Liche on zombiedragon ( wich is a rumor that has been going around for quite a bit longer, but afaik not ToW but AoS ) and says he knows of nothing else.

Im doubting myself now, im looking for the video but cant find it, its possible it was a Live video and he was just reading some online rumors.

----------

Remember that a video doesnt equal one miniature, though it often does. I think the first dawnbringer miniatures of different factions where shown in a single video.

They could easily present a video that focuses on Orikan and an Admech techpriest, even implying the connection etc.

However I felt that GW sounded really conclusive with the Admech codex+mini reveal.. in contrary to the Necron one where they explicitely said there is more. So I dont really expect anything else for admech.

Edited by TheMawr

5 minutes ago, Iron Father Ferrum said:

At this point, I'm starting to doubt that Valrak is a rumor-monger and I'm starting to believe that Valrak is actually a GW employee planting "rumors" to build hype for upcoming releases.

His dad works at GW

1 hour ago, Brother Captain Arkley said:

Varlak being right was never an issue for me.

I think this sums possible issues @Chapter Master Valrak

Valrakissues.jpg.a2348519f063260027a8ba1f6d1cc1aa.jpg

:p  ( I missed a line for mentioning his source Alpharius, wich has comepletely dissapeared.)

5 minutes ago, Iron Father Ferrum said:

At this point, I'm starting to doubt that Valrak is a rumor-monger and I'm starting to believe that Valrak is actually a GW employee planting "rumors" to build hype for upcoming releases.

The vocabulaire is definitely on par ;)

When you fully analyse the timeline you start to realise very very sooner than you think that the more hyperbole Warhammer community uses, the more valrak does the same... Its a coin toss between Valrak being an AI that has access to GWs database or him being promoted director of not-leaks at GW.

( for the record, I mean this all in good massive fun ;) )

3 hours ago, phandaal said:

Uh oh, some people are not going to be happy about Valrak getting another prediction right. :laugh:

Me. I'm not happy.

Sick of marines. 'Oh, do you think they'll be big dudes in armor, or bigger dudes in bigger armor? Or, GASP, big dudes in armor in a VEHICLE SHAPED LIKE A BREAD BOX?!!' The possibilities are meaningless!'

46 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

I think this sums possible issues @Chapter Master Valrak

Valrakissues.jpg.a2348519f063260027a8ba1f6d1cc1aa.jpg

:p  ( I missed a line for mentioning his source Alpharius, wich has comepletely dissapeared.)

The vocabulaire is definitely on par ;)

When you fully analyse the timeline you start to realise very very sooner than you think that the more hyperbole Warhammer community uses, the more valrak does the same... Its a coin toss between Valrak being an AI that has access to GWs database or him being promoted director of not-leaks at GW.

( for the record, I mean this all in good massive fun ;) )

You forgot to add all the "free" things.

"One, two, free." :laugh: