New website issues

Inquisitor_Lensoven

"Unusable on mobile" doesn't really tell us a lot, nor would it offer a lot of help if you submitted this as feedback to Geedub. Your phone, operating system, operating system version, browser, browser version, your settings across all of these areas and more are all fairly imporatant.

Since we're talking about the new website issues. I'd like to add that the search feature is far worse than the old website with the search suggestions and results being a complete downgrade. They did the Amazon thing where searching something displays completely unrelated results. Somehow writing "Death Rider" in the search adds 3 Land Raiders to my search results.

Edited by MoriyaSchism

I’ve had something similar happen somewhat regularly, kicks me back to the homepage in order to choose a language and requires hitting the Back button to return to the thing I actually wanted to see. No idea what’s up on a technical level, I just assume that it’s some bizarrely complex failure of planning, which is a fairly good description of this whole disaster.

I still can't save my payment method, sometimes when I press my orders it just send me back to main page, both from phone and pc, and now the best part...

Last week pre-orders, I tried 3 times to order SE DoF, I got notification from my bank but not from GW,my orders page didn't contain any of the attempts, so I tried using paypal and got the notification from GW and it popped up on my orders list, 2 days later suddenly I'm receiving a message from GW that they got my order details etc, I check my orders and I see another DoF book in my orders list... Immediately I contact support via live chat and ask them to cancel this order and explain the problem, the support guy is telling me it was a mistake on theirs end(website) and he will contact IT to avoid it in the future, and he will try to cancel this order.

Today I'm reaching support again to ask what's going on with the problem? And i got a reply that they cant cancel it, and I have to receive the order, pay tax + shipping, and then send it back paying all those again,and they will refund it :ermm:

I'll finish SoT and DoF and then I'm done with ordering books on their website, TBH I have no desire to order anything from them at all. 

The good part that this incident pushed me to cancel WH+ :happy:

Edited by OpossumStrong

9 hours ago, OpossumStrong said:

I still can't save my payment method, sometimes when I press my orders it just send me back to main page, both from phone and pc, and now the best part...

Last week pre-orders, I tried 3 times to order SE DoF, I got notification from my bank but not from GW,my orders page didn't contain any of the attempts, so I tried using paypal and got the notification from GW and it popped up on my orders list, 2 days later suddenly I'm receiving a message from GW that they got my order details etc, I check my orders and I see another DoF book in my orders list... Immediately I contact support via live chat and ask them to cancel this order and explain the problem, the support guy is telling me it was a mistake on theirs end(website) and he will contact IT to avoid it in the future, and he will try to cancel this order.

Today I'm reaching support again to ask what's going on with the problem? And i got a reply that they cant cancel it, and I have to receive the order, pay tax + shipping, and then send it back paying all those again,and they will refund it :ermm:

I'll finish SoT and DoF and then I'm done with ordering books on their website, TBH I have no desire to order anything from them at all. 

Glad the omnissiah didn’t just decide to say screw you to me lol

2 hours ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

The new website is atrocious. I've had a lot of technical issues and the UI is just awful and the entire thing lacks any warmth or character. 

You expect large corporate business to as character or warmth to things? Have you seen what’s happened to McDonald’s and Burger King in the last 20 years or so?

@Inquisitor_Lensoven Yes. I expect a business to be well run. I can go to my local McDonalds and it has more character to it than the GW website. Not a good comparison either given McDonalds and GW are very different businesses with very different scales. 

On 11/23/2023 at 6:54 PM, OpossumStrong said:

Try editing your account details…it just pushes you back to the log in page.  Round and round it goes.  Absolute :cuss: and must be costing them money sales wise.

Their warehousing issues aren’t helping them either.  The LI releases were held over here from last week, which has pushed the new Necron and Mechanicus releases back as well (to next week?  Who knows as GW doesn’t like to talk to its customers).

Edited by Felix Antipodes

=][=

Brother Inquisitor_Lensoven raised a legitimate issue with this thread:thumbsup: and some useful questions and observations have been made:yes: However, I can't help but notice that we are teetering on the edge of a gripe session:blink:

=][=

On 11/23/2023 at 6:06 PM, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

The new website is atrocious. I've had a lot of technical issues and the UI is just awful and the entire thing lacks any warmth or character. 

Could you please explain to me how GW would include "warmth" and "character" into their site? They seem like very nebulous concepts and I'm not sure how GW could achieve these practically. It just comes across as "big company bad" to me. Besides, being such a dumpster fire I thought GW's site was giving off plenty of warmth. :tongue:

10 hours ago, Magos Takatus said:

Could you please explain to me how GW would include "warmth" and "character" into their site? They seem like very nebulous concepts and I'm not sure how GW could achieve these practically. It just comes across as "big company bad" to me. Besides, being such a dumpster fire I thought GW's site was giving off plenty of warmth. :tongue:

Not the person you're replying to, but the website has lost a lot of colour and Faction related images in the transition.
The former would break up the white, grey and black palette most of the website uses now and the latter would add some more useful visuals to faction pages (which currently are the exact same white background list as every other filter list) and be a showcase of what the faction looks like as a bunch of minis in situ.

The assets for the pictures already exist (as they were on the old site), so it wouldn't be much more effort to just Copypasta them into the new site's HTML.
Maybe as a background for the faction text at the top of the list?

So I have a few issues and observations, some bad of course if issues, some good or bad with observations

* I have an issue, I think related to what others said, where when I first go there or after a period of inactivity, it kicks me back to the main page

- I think this is related to the queue. Beforehand, this happened to me, but I got JSON errors, so I guess this is a small improvement, but not a fix

* I think the 'Show More' used to be in units of 24, but now it's 36, at least in some cases. This doesn't fix the fundamental issue, but does make it a decent bit less painful.

- I want to note that I saw something like this on one of the amazon pages and other shop pages recently. I didn't like it there either, but I see where they copied it from.

* They added back in 360 views. These are less clunky than before, but I run into an issue on MacOS/brave at least, where the mouse can remain captive. So if I turn it and try to go back to turn it more, it still has the mouse and won't let me do that. I can try to test this on Linux later

* Search is a lot better than before now, although it may not have been at the start or even a few days ago. The old website was really bad in this regard with no 'wiggle room', where a close search wouldn't get what you wanted

* The website does have fewer page loads than before. As the navigation through the catalog is all browser-side, this should put less load on the site and probably cause it to crash less. Beforehand, every time you went through a filter, it loaded a new page.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
change 'would' to 'wouldn't'

So I was searching the term "Norn" for the Norn Emissary, do you want to guess what was in the search results?

0 Tyranids

~4 Did you Mean "Dorn" ? items. Tank, Primarch etc.

Like sure, maybe it was a mistype, include the suggestions, but if there's an EXACT match, maybe include that at the top too...

1 hour ago, Grotsmasha said:

So I was searching the term "Norn" for the Norn Emissary, do you want to guess what was in the search results?

0 Tyranids

~4 Did you Mean "Dorn" ? items. Tank, Primarch etc.

Like sure, maybe it was a mistype, include the suggestions, but if there's an EXACT match, maybe include that at the top too...

If I type in Legions Imperialis, I get about 20% of the range, because out of stock stuff gets auto put on the bottom of the list. So if I want to know info about the new starterset of Legions Imperialis I have to scroll down over 200 items as they add the word Legions to the description of most HH items... after ofcourse clicking "show more" 9+ times. 
image.thumb.png.3d1b04ed220398b8caea1ebd49bcdcb8.png

10 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

If I type in Legions Imperialis, I get about 20% of the range, because out of stock stuff gets auto put on the bottom of the list. So if I want to know info about the new starterset of Legions Imperialis I have to scroll down over 200 items as they add the word Legions to the description of most HH items... after ofcourse clicking "show more" 9+ times. 
image.thumb.png.3d1b04ed220398b8caea1ebd49bcdcb8.png

Shopping for FW models and upgrade kits was made really impractical and annoying. I don't feel certain that I'm seeing the whole range of products when I browse.