New website issues

Inquisitor_Lensoven

I gave up trying on my mobile. I did try my PC and after doing a search for blood bowl loads of random stuff came up like the gravis captain with heavy bolt rifle and random stuff like forge world sabre options.

The old site was concise, easy to navigate and user friendly in comparison and I would often go on to browse all the kits even for armies I didn't collect. On my phone I couldn't get what I wanted because I couldn't even find the sections I wanted to see. Every time I go into look at something I come back out to find the tiles I just spent ages through and loading more of have reset and I'm back at the top. 

And for the love of the Emperor if you are not going to rotate models at the very least add a zoom function so people like me with deteriorating eyesight aren't sat squinting at the blasted screen! 

Utter headache, utterly ugly and customer unfriendly and frustrating to plan purchases let alone make any.  40k has always been my hobby that is my place of peace, my calm in the storm where I can escape from the everyday pressures of life for a short time but they are hell bent on making every aspect of it as frustrating as possible of late.

My biggest gripe is having to re-re-resave my address and payment and language preferences every bloody time.  Do you want to save?  Yes!  Saved.  Log in again later and its the same process again.

Surely, in this modern age, we shouldn’t be an issue?

So, some of us thought free shipping would be easier with rolling FW and GW together,

but I just noticed, at least with Australia, FW get no free shipping. Period.

Prior it was orders over $160 got free shipping and under that was $20. Now it's $20 for anything that ships from the UK.

If anything merging the webstores costs the customer more.

I'm mad. I didn't need to buy anything, but still mad.

At this point I've sent in a complaint stating my issues and addressing the point that the website is functionally stopping me and friends and family from buying their product. Only thing that might work imho is just providing that feedback and stop using their frustration s(t)imulator.

Edited by matcap86

2 hours ago, matcap86 said:

At this point I've sent in a complaint stating my issues and addressing the point that the website is functionally stopping me and friends and family from buying their product. Only thing that might work imho is just providing that feedback and stop using their frustration s(t)imulator.

I did the same 3 weeks ago, the reply was that they will hand it over IT to avoid some of the problems I mentioned.

So 3 weeks later I still got the same problems :confused:

That sounds about right. I honestly think unless they see a drastic drop in sales on their site their attitude will be we dumped a ton of money making this site and it's up to customers to adapt. I personally think it will hit them hardest if new customers are unable to work it out.

23 hours ago, Doghouse said:

And for the love of the Emperor if you are not going to rotate models at the very least add a zoom function so people like me with deteriorating eyesight aren't sat squinting at the blasted screen! 

The 3d rotation feature is slowly bein added at least, though of course missing both for the newest stuff and random items here and there.

Also below the shipping information block you have all the images and 3d viewer (if available) again. Clicking on one of these opens an album-like overlay that fills out the available screenspace, so on a full screen desktop it'll blow the image up to take up 3 quarters the width of the screen.

This is how it looks at the work computer with a normal screen (don't tell my boss)

20231203_234324.thumb.jpg.abd3faa5ea22068e2b67a71c3db8efa1.jpg

Said image can also be opened in another tab if the "Buy now!" bar annoys.

Edited by Nephaston
added pictures

On 12/6/2023 at 12:31 AM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Made a purchase last night and this is what I got redirected to.

IMG_4835.png

Oh hello my old friend.  I’ve been sent to this a few times.  Fortunately the order went through.

I’ve contacted GW pointing out the worst issues with the new site (imho) and informing them I will no longer use it until it is fixed.  I feel pointing out potential loss of sales/profit is the only thing they will react to with anything other than :cuss: emails. 

Edited by Firedrake Cordova
Swear filter dodge

On 12/3/2023 at 9:24 PM, JayJapanB said:

So, some of us thought free shipping would be easier with rolling FW and GW together,

but I just noticed, at least with Australia, FW get no free shipping. Period.

Prior it was orders over $160 got free shipping and under that was $20. Now it's $20 for anything that ships from the UK.

If anything merging the webstores costs the customer more.

I'm mad. I didn't need to buy anything, but still mad.

Just to follow up. Shipping for FW is still free, but it triggers at $85AUD. Which is good. 
The website banner is either wrong or misleading.

image.thumb.png.724229641515eba482069ef52fe1290a.png

So, good news I guess.

Also shipping to a GW store still costs you $20, lol.

They really, really don't want you buying FW stuff from GW.

It absolutely baffles me how they've allowed this to happen and continue to allow this to happen. A lot of the new mini releases the past year(s) are excellent but the amount of roadblocks that are being put up to actually buy them is just mind boggeling. 

4 hours ago, Progenitor said:

You just have to prove to James Workshop how badly you want the new plastic crack, if you can't meet the barrier for entry, clearly you're not worthy of being in the club! 

Tell James Workshop I've not bought from him directly for years and he's only been getting 40% of my business or none if I went 2nd hand.

Hope he gets the message.

Yep, that website is so bad I've given up on even considering FW stuff.

I will only buy from other sellers so they get the retail monies, GW sure don't deserve it for this confluction. 

I'll just live happily without direct only products. 

WarCom article from the weekend talks about 3 week pre-order so the Kill Team box won't be out until the New Year. I don't buy that this is to do with "Christmas period" I think it's more likely they're spacing stuff out more to help with the warehouse issues that may be stacking up and getting worse rather than better. 

Idk if this is specifically a new website issue but the tracking from the GW email says my package has arrived via UPS as of yesterday around 3pm

go to UPS website and enter tracking number and it doesn’t even register as out for delivery yet since they’re using USPS to do the final mile delivery, and USPS doesn’t deliver on Sundays 

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

48 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Idk if this is specifically a new website issue but the tracking from the GW email says my package has arrived via UPS as of yesterday around 3pm

go to UPS website and enter tracking number and it doesn’t even register as out for delivery yet since they’re using USPS to do the final mile delivery, and USPS doesn’t deliver on Sundays 

In my experience the tracking systems have always been wonky since Brexit.

On 12/11/2023 at 2:46 PM, matcap86 said:

In my experience the tracking systems have always been wonky since Brexit.

Oh indeed,indeed...

Nowadays,changing a little bit the subject, is nearly impossible make an order in Warhammer.com. I was trying to make me an "auto-present" for this Christmas and the issues are terrible: every step must be remade 2 or 3 times due errors/servicer problems/connection failures with the page,delivery cost changes in "Rest of the world" and when you, finally, are going to make the purchase the basket is empty of products...and there's enough product in the website.

A real madness and a disaster. And the service is equally awful for independent retailers...

A disaster in few words.

Edited by AGRAMAR

Looked back out of interest and while a lot of old orders are there now, all the MTO ones are missing and there is a note saying essentially "Heyyyy just trust us" which is great seeing the long lead times on those, so fingers crossed? 

Alright, on a more positive note as it can't be all doom and gloom.

They're adding back the 3d views of models, and some of them are better than before. Just checked out 2 Forgeworld models and the 3d view now has more angles from which to view, including the return of the topdown view which is great. So, aside from all the horrible functionality, this is good.