New website issues

Inquisitor_Lensoven

3 hours ago, Kastor Krieg said:

Lol, what :D

That's a time for a chargeback and it's their problem if they send twice.

Yeah, and I did contact them the second I received the email that my order is on, like a minute after. 

Here is the reply from CS using live chat 

"So both orders are too far along the process to cancel unfortunately so you will need to return one of these upon receiving and we can then happily arrange a refund/voucher"

I got 84 completed orders using their website, I did had problems here and there before the update but they were solved in a matter of days, after the website update a lot of stuff is broken, and it seems that their customer services is not that helpful anymore, for some parts I cant blame them because they need to redirect my problem to the IT, and that's most of the problems :confused:

Edited by OpossumStrong

So Legion MKIV Destroyer Squad are missing the SHIPS FROM UK tag in Australia, and are seemingly out of stock only here.

Considering everything else ships from UK I sense another bug.... 

3 hours ago, OpossumStrong said:

Yeah, and I did contact them the second I received the email that my order is on, like a minute after. 

Here is the reply from CS using live chat 

"So both orders are too far along the process to cancel unfortunately so you will need to return one of these upon receiving and we can then happily arrange a refund/voucher"

I got 84 completed orders using their website, I did had problems here and there before the update but they were solved in a matter of days, after the website update a lot of stuff is broken, and it seems that their customer services is not that helpful anymore, for some parts I cant blame them because they need to redirect my problem to the IT, and that's most of the problems :confused:

The wild part to me is how long it can take CS to reply. Obviously, some times are better than others, but on average I'm waiting 3-4 days for a reply (and I would assume likewise for others, some faster, some slower) which is insane to me. There shouldn't be a realm where a company this size goes that long without even sending a "hey, I got your ticket, I'm working on it for you" outside of the automated email.

The whole "we can't cancel your order" thing is irritating as well, because there are companies out there that can/will do that for you but I will give them a pass on that because I don't know enough about their systems to say one way or another (although in my tin foil hat brain, I have thought from time to time it's to encourage you to just keep the order after going through the effort of trying to cancel/waiting on shipping, and then having to wait for it to ship back to get your refund, but I acknowledge that's probably not the case)

Regardless I'll say the new website has driven me to other places. I used to go on the old one all the time to check and see how something's been attached, or painted, or to just look at cool things to get impulsively. Now I can't be bothered going in, being on the page I want, it kicking me back to the entry page after selecting my country for the 5000th time, trying to navigate again to it, just to see the picture. And since just browsing the website is such a pain I don't do that nearly as much as I used to either

Why the hell am I seeing a queue for the website in the UK when only Australia and New Zealand are going for pre-orders at the moment? Thats something new since the new website came in right? The old websites for non-UK sites had different domains which avoided time zone shenanigans, surely.

4 minutes ago, Sky Potato said:

Why the hell am I seeing a queue for the website in the UK when only Australia and New Zealand are going for pre-orders at the moment? Thats something new since the new website came in right? The old websites for non-UK sites had different domains which avoided time zone shenanigans, surely.

It's was always like this, as far as I remember, because I always checked the name of the item I want to pre-order to be sure. 

31 minutes ago, Sky Potato said:

Not that I remember - I was always able to browse the UK store when other we stores were using the queue.

I'm pretty sure this is new - and bad.

Yeah i agree, im often looking at things late night and never had the issue on the Friday before a release before the new website that i remember. Early morning sure, but not middle of the night early.

I ventured back onto the website for the first time in awhile to check out what the prices were for the revived WFB stuff.  Not only was the queue in place an hour before the usual pre-order time, it didn’t lift until exactly on the hour.  Seems they have sorted the opens 5 mins early glitch as well.

Not relevant to this site, but those prices were eye-popping when I finally got through. :eek:

Not the website itself but I want to bitch about the app.

the core rules section is basically useless. Every time I’ve wanted to look up a rule, it’s never in there and I have to bust out the rulebook.

if the rules weren’t available in a free PDF I’d understand, they want people to spend money and buy the full detailed rules in the form of the BRB, but that’s clearly not it. Why not just have the core rules tab be the PDF?

9 hours ago, Felix Antipodes said:

I ventured back onto the website for the first time in awhile to check out what the prices were for the revived WFB stuff.  Not only was the queue in place an hour before the usual pre-order time, it didn’t lift until exactly on the hour.  Seems they have sorted the opens 5 mins early glitch as well.

Not relevant to this site, but those prices were eye-popping when I finally got through. :eek:

Had a look too and the absence of a shop all/shop the range option for TOW and HHLI is dumb

On 1/5/2024 at 10:26 PM, Sky Potato said:

Not that I remember - I was always able to browse the UK store when other we stores were using the queue.

I'm pretty sure this is new - and bad.

It's not new. The queue applies to the entire website, so as soon as it goes live for Australia/NZ, everyone gets hit. In the past GW often stopped the queue relatively quickly after the Aus/NZ pre-orders went up, and then put it back in place for the UK release, so you might have been browsing between that period.

So it takes 4+ days to reply, I still got the problem with remove/checkout, the first suggestion from the CS was to press the remove button :facepalm:, another 4 days, then they asked me did I use pc/phone/ which browser etc, another 4 days they told me it's fixed *yay*(no), and now it's been 7 days with no reply whatsoever, I did contact live chat, they obviously told me they can't help me and I should email and they respond ASAP.

Another fun fact, for some reason they transferred me to app email and asked me if the app is up to date, but I didn't had problem with their app...

Edited by OpossumStrong

Adding this here snippet from the Half-Year report.

Online grew by 4.9% at actual rates, 6.8% at constant currency rates. In October we launched our new online store, there
were some teething issues but no showstoppers, once again a great team effort from the staff involved. We have spent
£10.8 million on this new online solution; we don't expect any significant additional investment in the years ahead.
We remain focused on joined-up customer experiences across all core sales channels

This seems like a good bit of dosh for a website that might as well have been thrown together on shopify. Then again from what I know of business it seems that grossly overpaying seems to be the rule rather than an exception.

You could run a small dev team for years with that money. The 11 million must include a lot of integration work behind the scenes.

10.9 million for the exec who suggested the budget, 0.1 million for the whole website because there isn't even any development here. Again, this is a default template I have seen elsewhere and comically some of those were actually ok but then again, they didn't have massive catalogues of models spanning multiple game systems.

11 million is a lot of money, a lot. I mean that is a sum we may throw around in conversation casually but that amount isn't something we can fully comprehend. How they managed to spend 11 million on this site and not spend ANY of it on actual UI elements, graphical assets or ANYTHING of testing...is beyond me. This isn't one department got the short end here, this is multiple areas that 11 million should be more than comfortable paying, even if I were to take 6 million and put that into some odd land theory world where that is the server capacity they need and quality. 5 million still covers that, even if they developed over 2 years or however long it was. Most games developed don't go north of 5 million (heck, most don't really breach millions. Only triple A games do that and even then, not into tens of millions unless they are on track to be failures).

Someone ether has given incorrect information as to how much they put into the site, or someone has taken an early retirement in a non-disclosed location with a large windfall that came from nowhere...they claim.

On 1/5/2024 at 12:03 AM, USNCenturion said:

I’ve been trying to place an order from the website the last two days. I never got confirmation that the order went through, and upon further investigation (me attempting the same order three more times) I’ve found the mechanism to complete the order and reroute me to the confirmation screen is corrupted. Instead of confirmation, I get a wall of coding text and it just eats my order and payment information. 

There is a hell, and GWs new “website” is it.  Would be nice if they could get a cute little write up on WarCom addressing the issue or at least advising us they know there are kinks to work out. 

I'm glad you posted this and I remembered you did.

There I was, trying to buy a Thousand Sons Librarian for the Heresy. Add to cart. Click pay with payal, it gets kicked back like when I tried to get the LE version of End and the Death PT 2 of Many.

Frustrating but whatever, go and enter my card information once I'm sure I didn't get charged through Paypal. Hit confirm order. Instantly get a broken screen of coding so I assume that it didn't go through.

End up waiting because I remembered this post and then I ended up going to check my purchase history and it was in there. Never did get an order confirmation email, so I'm 50/50 if it even shows up

The website doesn't seem to have as many issues as it id when it launched. Though given the state of it that is basically like saying the :cuss: smells less now than it did a week ago.  Hard to believe a multi-national corp tht takes hundreds of millions of pounds has a website that looks and functions like a spasaming raven. 

7 hours ago, chapter master 454 said:

Someone ether has given incorrect information as to how much they put into the site, or someone has taken an early retirement in a non-disclosed location with a large windfall that came from nowhere...they claim.

You're talking stock market fraud, basically. This was a statement to shareholders, falsifying data in it is surely a serious financial crime.

9 hours ago, chapter master 454 said:

Only triple A games do that and even then, not into tens of millions unless they are on track to be failures).

Lol, what? Pretty sure all triple A games cost tens of millions. More and more reaching into hundreds of millions.

1 hour ago, USNCenturion said:

Yeah, I still haven’t received anything, nor have I received a response to my email I sent to the customer service address notifying them of the situation. Sorry you’re going through the same issues. 

Lost in the warp indeed. 

They changed the reply time to 5 days, so it means 7+ :confused:

2 hours ago, Matcap86 said:

Gods I'm dreading tomorrow...

I'll have to order as a guest, because I got 2 bricked accounts, since their support couldn't help me in time, and to wait back and forth 5 days wasn't an option I checked the code and the error that occurs, for this I had to create a second account to be sure, eventually I found the problem, copied the code and the error and send to CS, in reply they said thanks and that it will take up to 72 working hours to fix this issue :laugh:

Little bit about the problem: When you add something to the cart and go to checkout but then you decided to buy vouchers instead, don't. 

Delivery option that you choose without checking out is saved till you buy something, when you try to buy a voucher with this extra $ "in cart" the system brakes, voucher is digital delivery so there is no delivery charges. 

Even if you add products enough for free delivery their system wont recognize this, you'll be stuck with this extra $ for the delivery without the option to checkout.

About removing the voucher afterwards, I couldn't figure out for sure why is this happening, but I did send them the code, I assume it's bad coding, because you will see this in the error log "t.some is not a function" and "ClientError", I guess there is typo in the function after pressing remove for digital product(with the extra $ for physical product) because in the regular code before any action you have this "shippingMode: "Multiple"".

Edited by OpossumStrong

22 minutes ago, OpossumStrong said:

I'll have to order as a guest, because I got 2 bricked accounts, since their support couldn't help me in time, and to wait back and forth 5 days wasn't an option I checked the code and the error that occurs, for this I had to create a second account to be sure, eventually I found the problem, copied the code and the error and send to CS, in reply they said thanks and that it will take up to 72 working hours to fix this issue :laugh:

Little bit about the problem: When you add something to the cart and go to checkout but then you decided to buy vouchers instead, don't. 

Delivery option that you choose without checking out is saved till you buy something, when you try to buy a voucher with this extra $ "in cart" the system brakes, voucher is digital delivery so there is no delivery charges. 

Even if you add products enough for free delivery their system wont recognize this, you'll be stuck with this extra $ for the delivery without the option to checkout.

About removing the voucher afterwards, I couldn't figure out for sure why is this happening, but I did send them the code, I assume it's bad coding, because you will see this in the error log "t.some is not a function" and "ClientError", I guess there is typo in the function after pressing remove for digital product(with the extra $ for physical product) because in the regular code before any action you have this "shippingMode: "Multiple"".

Huh I had a similar issue but the other way around. Added something to my cart, got the shipping charge for not meeting the free shipping threshold, then removed the item and the shipping charge remained even with nothing in my cart or when I added enough stuff to go above the free shipping threshold. 

What fixed it for me was selecting priority shipping and then going back to regular free shipping option. That seemed to reset the cart. If you haven't already tried it, that might help?  Add regular items to your cart to get free shipping, then select priority shipping and then back to a free shipping option. 

Either way it's absolutely disgraceful that months after launch these kinds of elemental functions of a webshop are this bad. It's not a local mom and pop shop with the owners nephew fiddeling about with  Squarespace or the likes.