New website issues

Inquisitor_Lensoven

22 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Looked back out of interest and while a lot of old orders are there now, all the MTO ones are missing and there is a note saying essentially "Heyyyy just trust us" which is great seeing the long lead times on those, so fingers crossed? 

I was wondering about my Skyshield the other day, checked my orders and only my FW orders are there. Thankfully I have the email saved, something I suggest everyone to dig out if they bought a MTO item.

1 hour ago, No Foes Remain said:

I was wondering about my Skyshield the other day, checked my orders and only my FW orders are there. Thankfully I have the email saved, something I suggest everyone to dig out if they bought a MTO item.

I recently asked CS about it, as I didn’t see the note (or it was added later, who knows) and was interested to find out.

Apparently the amount of work needed to manually add those orders would be too much so they decided to not do it.

Kind of a sketchy feeling, but as it’s missing from the page they don’t mind me asking every now and then about the status to make sure it wasn’t misdelivered/porch pirated…

also it seems you’ll get the normal shipping notifications with tracking number (still needs to be confirmed if actually true).

I really dont have much sympathy for a multinational corporation having sketchy paperwork, i might forgive a small LGS or something if things turned up in the end but GW is waaaay too big for "It was too hard" to be much of an excuse really.

I think the only outstanding one i have is a skyshield too btw :D 

It seems a bit odd they can't run a transformation on the old orders and import them en masse. They shouldn't need to do that by hand, but then again, I don't know how their old or their new system works.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

8 hours ago, excelite said:

I recently asked CS about it, as I didn’t see the note (or it was added later, who knows) and was interested to find out.

Apparently the amount of work needed to manually add those orders would be too much so they decided to not do it.

Kind of a sketchy feeling, but as it’s missing from the page they don’t mind me asking every now and then about the status to make sure it wasn’t misdelivered/porch pirated…

also it seems you’ll get the normal shipping notifications with tracking number (still needs to be confirmed if actually true).

Wow, that's amazingly stupid. At a guess then the FW site (which was upgraded not so long ago if I remember correctly?) uses the same framework as the new one which allowed the order transfers but the old GW one wasn't even close.

14 hours ago, excelite said:

I'm guessing they've been asked about it a bit, because it's in their FAQs (emphasis is mine)

Where Is My Order History?

All regular orders placed and dispatched before the 20th of October 2023 are already available in your order history. 

Orders that contain a Made to Order product that haven’t been dispatched, will be dispatched as normal.  These orders will not show in your Order History until they have been delivered.

It's getting worse, I have 2 vouchers now in my cart, I cant checkout and I cant remove them, though I still can add other items and remove those items :facepalm:

Upd: Well I still got the problem, basically i can't buy a thing on their website now, contacted CS, gonna wait for 4 days :ermm:

IMG_20231214_064732.jpg

Edited by OpossumStrong

• 2 weeks later...

They're a joke now.

I can understand queuing the purchase process, but not the browsing process.

Hell, even at the best of times the site is diabolical. 

Maybe it's to hide/mitigate/copy their supply chain fiasco.

Just absolutely rubbish service now.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

21 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

They're a joke now.

I can understand queuing the purchase process, but not the browsing process.

Hell, even at the best of times the site is diabolical. 

Maybe it's to hide/mitigate/copy their supply chain fiasco.

Just absolutely rubbish service now.

I still can't remove items from my cart nor chekout, the advice I got from CS is to press the remove button :ermm: I tried to explain again what is my problem, and now I have to wait another week for reply.

Live chat was unavailable for a week already (at least for me).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my Emperor :o

Out of interest with the new Hachette series, I went to their website... It's the same bloody template! The cooperation with them is where GeeDubs got their bright idea and just straight up copied their homework :o

https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/warhammer/

image.thumb.png.907512ab721e811b27ab177d1b78199a.png

image.thumb.png.dfca74290df617fc185f6b310f51bece.png

Edited by Kastor Krieg

22 minutes ago, Harrowmaster said:

Relatively minor compared to some of the stuff here but the webstore won't save my country selection and defaults to UK if it doesn't just ask me to select  my country everytime I visit (even if I am logged in). Didn't happen on the old site. 

This was my experience on GW's website on both iterations.

I dislike it, but the new site also being completely trash really makes it even more annoying.

36 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

This was my experience on GW's website on both iterations.

I dislike it, but the new site also being completely trash really makes it even more annoying.

It certainly doesn't enhance the experience.

On 1/3/2024 at 9:30 PM, Kastor Krieg said:

Oh my Emperor :o

Out of interest with the new Hachette series, I went to their website... It's the same bloody template! The cooperation with them is where GeeDubs got their bright idea and just straight up copied their homework :o

https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/warhammer/

-snipped the images-

My guy, don't even think its like that. I've seen this layout on numerous other sites as well, exact same layout, "colour" scheme (if you call Sterile White and Empty Black colours) and same display.

This entire thing is 100% a no brain arm chair executive trying to look busy and "show results".

They could of just kept the old layout and upgraded the site "under the hood" alone as I don't think anyone had issues with the site to begin with. The only thing the new site has any merit on is having forge world in the same place but that section of the hobby shouldn't really be shown to new people at all imo and discovered later.

It is painful to navigate, painful to look at...and it doesn't actually work or function at all...literally...still asks me what language/region I am from despite having put in my selection multiple times (I forget the new site is still a thing and habit in boredom to window shop happens ok...I dream maybe one day, I will open it and it will be the good ol' site!...I am but a simple and hopeful fool, doomed to disappointment!)

3 hours ago, Harrowmaster said:

Relatively minor compared to some of the stuff here but the webstore won't save my country selection and defaults to UK if it doesn't just ask me to select  my country everytime I visit (even if I am logged in). Didn't happen on the old site. 

Sending you back to the front page anytime you reset your country is also extremely annoying. 

Blocking the front page video with an adblocker is an improvement.
Having a huge, motion heavy, video play every time you want to browse a webstore pretty frustrating.

1 hour ago, USNCenturion said:

I’ve been trying to place an order from the website the last two days. I never got confirmation that the order went through, and upon further investigation (me attempting the same order three more times) I’ve found the mechanism to complete the order and reroute me to the confirmation screen is corrupted. Instead of confirmation, I get a wall of coding text and it just eats my order and payment information. 

There is a hell, and GWs new “website” is it.  Would be nice if they could get a cute little write up on WarCom addressing the issue or at least advising us they know there are kinks to work out. 

Be careful with this, I had the same problem and eventually two of the same order passed...after 3 days... and when I asked them to cancel one of the orders, they said they can't, I had to wait for the order and send it back.

Now I'm trying to buy vouchers(to avoid this problem), but for a month(!) I still can't checkout or remove them from my cart, every response from CS takes around 4 days, live chat is unavailable right now, they manually removed the items from my cart and asked me if I still have the problem, as soon as I added the vouchers I got the same problem again, now I'm waiting for another reply and fix attempt.

Edited by OpossumStrong

57 minutes ago, OpossumStrong said:

when I asked them to cancel one of the orders, they said they can't, I had to wait for the order and send it back

Lol, what :D

That's a time for a chargeback and it's their problem if they send twice.