Upcoming BL Stuff 2024

aa.logan

7 minutes ago, Von Großschmitt said:

What a sh*tshow, again. The queue system is as bad as it gets. I guess I was too late when I started at 10.20, but then again my brother was *too early* at 9.22.. Anyone else got lucky?

I got one by pure luck, I was early on the website as well, it throwed me back to queue, but when I entered from my pc it just let me in.

Worst LE experience yet, and that’s saying something.

My copy of Volume II is sat in my brother-in-law’s flat in Auckland, (hopefully) my copy of Volume III is on it’s way there too and he can send them over to me together, but if I’m honest I’ve little-to-no desire to read them, not even started Volume I yet. I don’t feel I’ve deprived anyone as copies were available for at least 15 minutes after it went up. But not everyone has a conveniently located antipodean relative, and if it wasn’t for him I’d be clean out of luck.

I’ve mainly gone for BL books as audiobooks, and relatively few of those of late, because it’s become even too much of a pain to download ebooks from their website. 

I know readers’ interest can go in peaks and troughs, but the way that the SoT has been handled has really knocked my overall BL enthusiasm, and I’m not sure how or even if it will be revived.

3 minutes ago, Von Großschmitt said:

Finally made it to the queue and obviously, it's sold out. Since it's my birthday next week, I'd even suck it up grudgingly and pay the scalpers. But there's not even an EU offer on eBay... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I've gone with a scalper. I can't have all books bar the finale even though the last one is a bloated mess.

Not buying limited editions again unless they ramp up the number to something like 5000-10000

21 minutes ago, Kargath said:

Not sure I understand the queue system. I had 25 minutes to go and then it suddenly jumped to "more than an hour".

Wait time has gone “more than an hour”, “17 minutes”, “24 minutes” “47 minutes” and then “50 minutes” and “more than a hour” since 10.10 uk time for me. What. A. Joke.

1 minute ago, Preliminary Bombardment said:

Unfortunately I've gone with a scalper. I can't have all books bar the finale even though the last one is a bloated mess.

Not buying limited editions again unless they ramp up the number to something like 5000-10000

I doubt they will ever do this, they wont take the risk. 

I think they should do it for something they know would be in demand, unlike DoF, for example there are still copies of SE Sea of Souls on their website. 

9 minutes ago, aa.logan said:

Wait time has gone “more than an hour”, “17 minutes”, “24 minutes” “47 minutes” and then “50 minutes” and “more than a hour” since 10.10 uk time for me. What. A. Joke.

Same, I'm currently down to 4 minutes, but expecting it to rocket back up 

6 minutes ago, theSpirea said:

People buying it from scalpers already on the pre-order day are driving the prices up. If you really need to get it from them, wait a few weeks, the prices will go down.

That's not what happened the last few times, though, at least no regarding EU offers. It may be different in the UK.

12 minutes ago, theSpirea said:

People buying it from scalpers already on the pre-order day are driving the prices up. If you really need to get it from them, wait a few weeks, the prices will go down.

This. This so much. It's just a book. You can wait. Stop giving these :cuss: stains money...

At least one scalper on ebay has used AI to write the description - "This limited edition Siege of Terra: The End and the Death Volume 3 book is a must-have for Warhammer 40K enthusiasts. It features a bulk/lot of painted figures, with the Imperial Fists chapter/regiment taking centre stage' 

Well if your throwing in models too!

On 1/7/2024 at 10:12 AM, Ubiquitous1984 said:

So, SO pleased for the Sons audiobook!  That means Scions must be coming at some point too.  I hope we get Keeble narrating.  

Brings back memories of how hard it was to get Sons of the Emperor when it was first released.  For those who don’t remember it was an event exclusive when it first came out.  I remember driving to the HH Weekender in Nottingham (or was it Derby?) with my baby son in tow just to buy a copy of the book, only to be told that a scalper had got there early and bought up all the copies!  Fortunately a really cool BL employee posted me a copy after the event.

For the siege tho, scaplers or no, people were always going to miss out, the demand vs the le supply simply never matched up. Scalpers just make everything worse by driving the prices up up up.  And its been years at this point, BL should have put a statement out about eventually meeting demand or making non signed print on demand or something. 

Edited by Nagashsnee

Games Workshop simply does not care. I am pretty sure that they won't change their selling method now or in the future. Each time a limited product (book, boxset, ...) is released we get the same drama. Its bitter, but I would recommend to accept it, since its just not worth the hassle :angel:

I’ve been checking back on my browser every 8 minutes since 9.50, didn’t get into the webstore until 12.57

Edited by aa.logan

The thing is, I cant even get a regular hardcover copy anywhere, I stopped thinking about getting LE's after book 5. None of the 3rd party retailers here have stock.

Which I dont get since this book is listed on all the major bookseller sites like Amazon , Barnes & Noble etc in 2 weeks time so clearly this is planned to be large release with a ton of stock.

So where is it?

The only way to get it now is through the horrible warhammer.com site which of course has a queue of 30+ minutes now.

Same with the Old World rulebook btw, just not obtainable here so far, every day I am checking.

Edited by Taliesin

Will you get kicked off of the website if there's a queue and you sit there too long? If the website is going to be under a queue the entire time up until the release for me should I try and connect half an hour before?

2 minutes ago, 63-19 said:

Will you get kicked off of the website if there's a queue and you sit there too long? If the website is going to be under a queue the entire time up until the release for me should I try and connect half an hour before?

You got 10 minutes after you enter the website (after the queue), It's on queue since yesterday, you definitely should try to get before, but not too early, otherwise you will get kicked before the book appears.  

For some 30 minutes early wasn't good enough and they had hour+ of queue, for some it was way faster, it's pure luck right now.