Upcoming BL Stuff 2024

aa.logan

3 hours ago, darkhorse0607 said:

Yeah, I know that you're probably right, just hoping a four-day "celebration" just doesn't turn out to be sad WHC coverage of some books we have already seen, and with their track records some of the information (I'm looking at you person who mixes up character names and author names) being wrong

But it will be. At the celebration I cannot recall them saying anything ( let alone much) about upcoming books. Would be so nice if they would, but they remain EXTREMELY reluctant to talk about upcoming books for some reason.

But hey, its gonna be 4-5 days of articles they say, surely there must be some info in it, riiiiight?

56 minutes ago, Kargath said:

I miss the good old times when you had a minute to get your order in before the site crashed.

There is a lot of truth in this. I definitely preferred when there wasnt a queue and it was equally just a gamble whether you got a copy. At least it was a 5 minute gamble and you knew though.

Edited by Taliesin

On 1/22/2024 at 11:08 AM, Ubiquitous1984 said:

Not only that all the leftover overpriced copies on Ebay have been sold as well.  

25 minutes ago, Kargath said:

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately The End of The Death: Volume III (Special Edition) has sold out.

I don't know what I expected. Did the bots bypass the queue again? It was paused for me almost the entire time and didn't move at all.

Yes, would seem like they had a way to bypass.

Comically bad.

32 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Yes, would seem like they had a way to bypass.

Comically bad.

So why is the queue still paused? How could they mess this up this badly? LE book is gone. Drop the queue so the rest of us can move on with our lives

I was just refreshing the page which put me back into the queue because it wasn't auto redirecting me to the error message. I'll be the dummy on that one.

Still a frustrating situation though

Edited by darkhorse0607

2 minutes ago, darkhorse0607 said:

So why is the queue still paused? How could they mess this up this badly? LE book is gone. Drop the queue so the rest of us can move on with our lives

Could be normal hardback, but I had meetings to get to.

I think its a smart move to make everyone in the world queue up at the same time for an even more limited release. I tried at home as well as having a GW store in my city try for me with no queue, they said the site crashed.  I'm wondering who the hell even got the copies, CIA agents with quantum super computers?

Yes, but hear me out: Their tech-savants aren’t revealing their methods, but needless to say they are not to be trifled with!

That's what they told us two days ago, at least, so it's got to be true. WarCom wouldn't lie to us.

Seriously though, I just can't get over the fact that they :cuss:ed this up TWICE for the same book. It was entirely predictable. It was entirely avoidable. They could have increased the print run at any point throughout the Siege. They could've mitigated the issue by having unnumbered/unsigned copies produced. They could've gotten a working web store up and running before rolling out a piece of crap barely functional site that even a default squarespace template would be ashamed of. They could've prioritized returning customers who ordered each previous volume on the same account and hasn't been flagged as a reseller account.

They could've done so much stuff to prevent another embarrassment, yet they chose to continue on the same course as the past couple of years, which has been consistently been criticized by their customer base and caused the freakin' reseller bubble to grow exponentially. Back then, they'd get early copies and sold those on ebay for exorbitant prices, but now they're selling half the global stock. Good job, GeeDubs....

Edited by DarkChaplain

14 minutes ago, theSpirea said:

GW f* again. What a disaster. I know quite a lot of people who were going for the book and not a single one of them got it. Some of them even went to the damn store and couldn't get it from there.

420132025_10168787763550161_1723.jpg

Lol, self congratulatory little piss bag over there, all the way from mama's basement.

Is this whole scalper phenomenon most heavily concentrated around Black Library releases (in terms of GW items, not... worldwide or whatever)? It kind of seems that way to me, but I get that I'm probably coming at it from a particular perspective.

It's just that I don't see them having to do this with new models or rulebooks or even new editions. So what gives here?

It seems like they're leaving money on the table by keeping their print runs so low.

And in regards to things like amount of stock with Limited/Special Editions - I know this is about as likely to happen as spontaneous world peace, but I'd really like to see GW adopt a genuine pre-order model. Something like what we see with crowdfunded projects a la Kickstarters for specialty books. Actually announce upcoming titles and allow people to pre-purchase Special/Limited editions and then actually make that number to meet the demand.

Do I know how difficult or complicated this would be on their end of the logistical chain? No. Is it a total pipe dream? Yes.

But the way things are right now, it feels like they're just burning customer good will as fast as they can. And again, maybe I'm totally off-base here. I can only go by what I see anecdotally and how I myself engage with their releases.

And how I feel can increasingly be summed up by that glorious line from Angel Season 2: "And yet somehow, I just can't seem to care."

59 minutes ago, Sothalor said:

Is this whole scalper phenomenon most heavily concentrated around Black Library releases (in terms of GW items, not... worldwide or whatever)? It kind of seems that way to me, but I get that I'm probably coming at it from a particular perspective.

It's just that I don't see them having to do this with new models

Just a note, while not as prevalent this has absolutely been an issue with models especially over the last year. It hasn't been as total as trying to get a LE book, but models such as the Lion, Farsight, a lot of the Kill Team boxes, etc were a massive issue to get because of either stock issues or scalpers putting them on eBay

Like I said it's not as bad, the Dark Angels box last weekend did well from what I've saw but I wouldn't say that's the norm

4 hours ago, Taliesin said:

Lol, self congratulatory little piss bag over there, all the way from mama's basement.

Maybe its about time people target the scalpers by hitting them through ebay and making returns or claims of fraud.  I'm not advocating on this forum anyone do anything illegal, I just think that enough is enough and I think really the solution has to be a community driven one because its clear these people are using legal gray areas to abuse customers and are very intentionally going through a series of processes to avoid being hit. 

I'm saying peeople should use their imaginations and be creative. This is a war and we shouldn't be taking it lying down. Its clear that these people are engaging in technological and psychological warfare, so its only fair to find our own means to fight back. 

GW literally said they are worse than Erebus, I take that as a mandate to do something. 

Looks like some outlets beyond the Wargaming community are starting to talk about the issues

https://gizmodo.com/warhammer-horus-heresy-siege-of-terra-bots-resellers-gw-1851193875

With how many outlets are starting to cover GW news I wouldn't be surprised if we see more coverage of this. The last thing GW wants is to scare off potential investors so maybe this will encourage change

56 minutes ago, darkhorse0607 said:

Looks like some outlets beyond the Wargaming community are starting to talk about the issues

https://gizmodo.com/warhammer-horus-heresy-siege-of-terra-bots-resellers-gw-1851193875

With how many outlets are starting to cover GW news I wouldn't be surprised if we see more coverage of this. The last thing GW wants is to scare off potential investors so maybe this will encourage change

Honestly, widespread media coverage is probably the only thing that will prompt GW to address this issue.

1 hour ago, darkhorse0607 said:

Good. Maybe GW will finally wake up from their golden :cuss:ter.

6 hours ago, Krelious said:

Maybe its about time people target the scalpers by hitting them through ebay and making returns or claims of fraud.  I'm not advocating on this forum anyone do anything illegal, I just think that enough is enough and I think really the solution has to be a community driven one because its clear these people are using legal gray areas to abuse customers and are very intentionally going through a series of processes to avoid being hit. 

I'm saying peeople should use their imaginations and be creative. This is a war and we shouldn't be taking it lying down. Its clear that these people are engaging in technological and psychological warfare, so its only fair to find our own means to fight back. 

GW literally said they are worse than Erebus, I take that as a mandate to do something. 

All it takes is for fans, who are mostly adult men, to have common sense and not cry over plastic toys and LEs, and the first thing they do if they miss a book/toy is to rush eBay and pay double/triple/quadruple the original price. Some people have absolutely no self-control.

There are so many LEs I've missed, not just from BL, but I would never pay anything over RRP. You feed the scalpers, you contribute to the problem. It's as simple as that.

Let scalpers sit on it, that's the last thing they want to do. If they see it's not that easy to make money on these products, they will be reluctant to go for them again. But if people fight over each other to get it from them on day one, and GW being absolutely clueless/not caring about how to avoid it, this is the result.

And no, GW doesn't care, there have been scalpers since the Solar War LE (there were copies sold for over $1000) - that's how desperate some fans are). GW had plenty of time to do something about it. Instead they invested money in one of the worst-looking website I've ever seen.