Hearing from the Whispers :)

- Choas Lord with Jump Pack

- Chaos Lord that has a similar look to the Black Stone Fortress Marine (I think this may be a Terminator)

- New Boxset that will have the Chaos Lord in (the Black Stone Fortress similar one)

Hopefully will get more info on the boxsets soon.

If anyone is interested did a video about here talking a bit more about narrative rumours as well:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Hearing from the Whispers :)

- Chaos Lord that has a similar look to the Black Stone Fortress Marine (I think this may be a Terminator)

So perhaps the new DA art of the Chaos Terminator lord with the BSF style hammer isn't artistic license after all? The plot thickens. Now who do I need to behead to get a Terminator Lord sheet for World Eaters?

10 minutes ago, Rain said:

So perhaps the new DA art of the Chaos Terminator lord with the BSF style hammer isn't artistic license after all? The plot thickens. Now who do I need to behead to get a Terminator Lord sheet for World Eaters?

A lord on Bike would be great as well.

If we gotta wait another 3 years for an update to raptors and bikers then GW needs to really sit down and think about what they are doing lol. Especially since one of these kits is jump pack lord. The range is almost completely updated literally just two unit types left come on let's gooooo!

1 hour ago, MadEdric said:

A lord on Bike would be great as well.

True. It's not like they'd let us just bloody well kit bash one. 

8 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

If we gotta wait another 3 years for an update to raptors and bikers then GW needs to really sit down and think about what they are doing lol. Especially since one of these kits is jump pack lord. The range is almost completely updated literally just two unit types left come on let's gooooo!

True. It's not like they'd let us just bloody well kit bash one. 

They are busy updating many of the other models that need it and supporting other systems 

Yes! Raptors need an update desperately. I hate the current Raptor models, they look so bad. An update that brings the 3rd ed style models into the modern age in terms of detail and materials would be amazing. That is:

image.png.1fd18c4b3823c2657325bb6dd3287162.png

instead of:

image.thumb.png.454cb7232b26c88fc293b25a819187a8.png

But even if they wanted to keep the current style, they can do better than the mess we have now. 5th/6th Chaos design language was the rock bottom of Chaos models, with stupid jagged trim everywhere. 8th and onward has mostly been much better.

Considering the amount of nostalgia-based models recently, it may well be possible we'll see the good Raptors in plastic at some point, can only hope. I still have my fingers crossed for a remake of the 2nd Edition Chaos Dreadnought myself. Maybe if they do some IW stuff we might get an actual Dread rather than a daemony-looking Helbrute.

6 minutes ago, Xirix said:

Considering the amount of nostalgia-based models recently, it may well be possible we'll see the good Raptors in plastic at some point, can only hope. I still have my fingers crossed for a remake of the 2nd Edition Chaos Dreadnought myself. Maybe if they do some IW stuff we might get an actual Dread rather than a daemony-looking Helbrute.

Absolutely. The sockflail-nought is iconic. I don't like fleshy bits on vehicles in general. It works for some Legions, like Death Guard and maybe Word Bearers or Emperor's Childen, but it doesn't work for most, thematically. I use a FW Contemptor as my Helbrute for this reason. No fleshy bits on my corpse-driven death robot.

Edited by Rain

5 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

If you are hoping they will backpedal away from the daemon dinosaur look you are going to be disappointed. Eventually it will just be weird mechanical monsters and normal tanks, dreads, and transports will be gone. 

Even if this is their evil plan, at the rate that Chaos gets significant updates, this plot would likely come to fruition no earlier than 2039.

25 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

If you are hoping they will backpedal away from the daemon dinosaur look you are going to be disappointed. Eventually it will just be weird mechanical monsters and normal tanks, dreads, and transports will be gone. 

The humble Rhino is still one of my favourite kits lol.

21 minutes ago, Scribe said:

The humble Rhino is still one of my favourite kits lol.

The Rhino and LR have really stood the test of time. The Deimos pattern Rhino that they made for HH is an awesome update of the classic 2nd ed metal box, as well. The kit is needlessly laborious to assemble relative to the “regular” Rhino, but I love the look. The exposed smokestacks and running boards really give it that “industrial equipment in space” look.

Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and play 30k instead. It’s just hard for me to get invested in a period/setting with a known ending.

Honestly I like the Raptor kit, mainly as it's a goldmine of conversion bits. Noise Marines look great with helmets and shoulderpads from that kit, it's a good source of lightning claws, etc. If we do get new ones I'd love to see them take inspiration from the classic art/3E sculpts, but I'm not champing at the bit for them. I'd rather we got actual Noise Marines first.

The lack of a proper multipart Chaos Lord in PA has been a gripe of mine for a while and is one of the few major holes in our range - a kit of comparable quality to some of the recent SM Captain/Lieutenant kits, the SB Canoness etc, would be magnificent. The Black Legion-branded Mallex kit with no options just doesn't cut it for an iconic unit that should be at the heart of the CSM roster. Keen to see what we receive.

28 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

I'm not sure how people would feel about this, but a spike sprue packaged with the Proteus and Deimos could be an interesting change for CSM.

I almost prefer the idea of an upgrade kit, as it means they can't mess with the base models too much.

That could work. The current Chaos Rhino and LR are just loyalist vehicles with a spike sprue, and have been forever. That said, if the hypothetical faction specific Chaos Rhino looks like trash, CSM players can always just buy HH Deimos Rhinos and use those. It’s what I do anyway. 

Probably just pointless wishlisting either way.

3 hours ago, Rain said:

Yes! Raptors need an update desperately. I hate the current Raptor models, they look so bad. An update that brings the 3rd ed style models into the modern age in terms of detail and materials would be amazing. That is:

image.png.1fd18c4b3823c2657325bb6dd3287162.png

I can confirm that a modern version of this design is cool as hell as I have printed some. Got tired of waiting.

3 hours ago, Redcomet said:

They are busy updating many of the other models that need it and supporting other systems 

Doesn't keep em from splashing out 4-5 kits for Primaris every year. Besides we all know they have thier designs done sometimes years in advance and release schedules are based on corporate marketing witchcraft and not when things are actually done and if they take too long well.... See comment above there's plenty creative people willing to fill the gap.

2 hours ago, Evil Eye said:

Honestly I like the Raptor kit, mainly as it's a goldmine of conversion bits. Noise Marines look great with helmets and shoulderpads from that kit, it's a good source of lightning claws, etc. If we do get new ones I'd love to see them take inspiration from the classic art/3E sculpts, but I'm not champing at the bit for them. I'd rather we got actual Noise Marines first.

This is kind of the problem though the box itself is basically being used as an upgrade kit for legionaries at this point with all the bodies going into the bin. I'm looking forward to Emperors children too but I swear if they pull the same crap they did with world eaters I will have an aneurysm. The Emperors children should be supplement to codex chaos marines not just Noise marines and friends. Still salty about them letting people make world eaters armies as if they were a supplement for years and then reducing the faction to Berserkers, Big Berzerkers and Little Berserkers starring Angron. Hope they fix that with the next WE codex.