2 hours ago, Mogger351 said:

I got curious and checked the livestream again (https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer/v/1980396196?sr=a&t=2954s ) at ~49:10 Eddie does say it'll be able to pull double duty with 40k, but I think that might be in regards to the absence of Faction keywords and less stringent paint uniformity.

Oh well.

If a character originates in Black library it's super rare for either system to give them models and rules, and then it's almost always limited runs or celebration models, so very limited slots at best.

It's some mix of licencing and the various teams wanting to field their own ideas.

13 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

Is the night lord one not out? I thought it was now?

also, with the exception of emperors children, the other god-aligned legions have their unique basic units too - which you can kit bash with core kits quite nicely to get aligned basic legionaries too.

Not saying chaos don’t need love, they absolutely do, but actually, all said and done chaos are actually in a better position than loyalists from a legion specific updated model perspective these days. Fingers crossed we see more kits like the night lords one soon, I reckon an iron warrior or word bearer one would be cool… though I also feel like the latter is well covered by the kill team upgrade set tbh.

i think chaos characters could indeed do with an update sooner than the remaining loyalist ones though, and as others said, a character for each of the legions would not go amiss. I think all the loyalist chapters have at least one up to date character now right?

Night lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha legion and Word bearers have no character at all. And of those, only night lords has an upgrade sprue. They need love waaaay more than loyalist. Just look at their vehicles. Rhino's, Predators, Land Raiders, Bikers.

13 hours ago, Mogger351 said:

People complain about anything and everything for a lot of largely questionable reasons. I think using the word "hate" is always going to be a bit strong, but an old character sculpt being old and wanting an update makes it no less valid simply because it's a loyalist marine.

There's a huge difference from "update" and "they never even have had one to begin with". Sorry, Chaos needs the love more than loyalist right now. One is definitely less valid than another.

8 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Night lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha legion and Word bearers have no character at all. And of those, only night lords has an upgrade sprue. They need love waaaay more than loyalist. Just look at their vehicles. Rhino's, Predators, Land Raiders, Bikers.

There's a huge difference from "update" and "they never even have had one to begin with". Sorry, Chaos needs the love more than loyalist right now. One is definitely less valid than another.

OK, to draw a line under the complaining about being neglected, get in line behind eldar, dark eldar, harlequins, grey knights, custodes, I would say tau but they're getting some stuff soon which might replace a lot of their older stuff. Most armies in this game are short on something, either due to having a tiny incomplete roster, models from 2nd ed, having lost more units and characters than they have left. 

The entire game can point at the primaris range and say "they got more" but its such a universal fact by now that frankly it no longer matters.

Would it be nice if a subfaction which no longer has rules to define itself by could get some aesthetic upgrades and maybe a unique character model? Yes. Does thst apply to almost the entire game? Yes. Are chaos in the worst spot atm? Not by a long shot.

On 12/31/2023 at 3:33 PM, Rain said:

I don’t think the various non-cult Legions really need characters as long as the formation options work well at representing their particular specialties. Also, you can always kit bash with HH Legion specific heads, shoulderpads, or even entire models.

The 5ed style of “take Special Character X to unlock army build Y” was one of the few missteps of an otherwise great version of the game. Formations are a much better way of doing it, in my opinion.

Nah, I want to see cool versions of their own characters - after all, loyalists get them, Cult Legions get them, xenos armies get them...

3 hours ago, Dagoth Ur said:

Can people take this who deserves a character and who doesn't nonsense to another thread? It's getting real tiresome to open this thread, expecting news, only to see the same two numpty arguments being retreaded.

There are only 2 discussions on News and Rumours forums. This one ... And the other one.

Fair enough...

Do we think the Terminator Lord would have the stone-headed hammer and two-handed fire mace as options?

Do we think the jump lord would have many options or could it be a new type of generic character like the executioner or discolord from the last big wave of CSM with very few options? Anyone heard any hints?

On 1/1/2024 at 7:12 AM, Mogger351 said:

OK, to draw a line under the complaining about being neglected, get in line behind eldar, dark eldar, harlequins, grey knights, custodes, I would say tau but they're getting some stuff soon which might replace a lot of their older stuff. Most armies in this game are short on something, either due to having a tiny incomplete roster, models from 2nd ed, having lost more units and characters than they have left. 

The entire game can point at the primaris range and say "they got more" but its such a universal fact by now that frankly it no longer matters.

Would it be nice if a subfaction which no longer has rules to define itself by could get some aesthetic upgrades and maybe a unique character model? Yes. Does thst apply to almost the entire game? Yes. Are chaos in the worst spot atm? Not by a long shot.

You're arguing points I've never made? This is a thread about the possibility of a few new models for chaos marines. I never brought up xenos or said chaos needs more love than other faction's besides loyalist marines, which someone else brought up first. Someone else found a way to make it about loyalist marines in this thread so all I did was call it out and say chaos needs more love than loyalist currently (and the thread is about chaos marines not loyalist ones). Weird you're picking a bone with me and not the person who brought up what loyalist still need in a chaos thread (which is off topic):

On 12/31/2023 at 6:31 AM, Orange Knight said:

Your complaint can also be applied to the loyalist codex chapters. I personally can't believe that Pedro Kantor doesn't have an updated model, or that the white Scars don't have access to a bike character beyond the Chaplain.

If anything you defended bringing up other faction's in a chaos marine rumor thread:

On 12/31/2023 at 8:51 AM, Mogger351 said:

People complain about anything and everything for a lot of largely questionable reasons. I think using the word "hate" is always going to be a bit strong, but an old character sculpt being old and wanting an update makes it no less valid simply because it's a loyalist marine.

It makes it less valid to bring up because this thread isn't about loyalist releases, it's about (rumored) chaos ones. And it's less valid in general because loyalist marines are the most supported faction in the game. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

On 12/27/2023 at 9:08 PM, Rain said:

Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and play 30k instead. It’s just hard for me to get invested in a period/setting with a known ending.

Well, the heresy overall maybe, but not for your force. If you play traitors, does your praetor die at the siege, or retreat to the eye and continues to hound the imperium to this die? Did they die ignominously at Itsvaan? 

The 40k end is also known, where the decaying empire of humanity is eventually consumed by itself, chaos and the enemy at the gates - everything the Imperium does it just to buy additional time. 

Looking forward to more chaos, Raptors are relatively new (2016?) but that makes them best part of a decade old. Time for a refresh? Sternguard were younger I think. 

=][= Let's keep on the topic of Rumoured CSM updates [and by extension the CSM range] please, and not who's complaining about complaints =][=

I definitely hope the new codex comes with additional upgrade sprues for other legions. It's such a home run for GW it's insane they haven't done it yet. 

39 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Well, the heresy overall maybe, but not for your force. If you play traitors, does your praetor die at the siege, or retreat to the eye and continues to hound the imperium to this die? Did they die ignominously at Itsvaan? 

The 40k end is also known, where the decaying empire of humanity is eventually consumed by itself, chaos and the enemy at the gates - everything the Imperium does it just to buy additional time. 

Looking forward to more chaos, Raptors are relatively new (2016?) but that makes them best part of a decade old. Time for a refresh? Sternguard were younger I think. 

Sternguard was 2013, so older than raptors etc.

7 hours ago, Xenith said:

Raptors are 2012.

Hoping for:

- Bikes in the veins of Goliath' maulers rather than regular Space Marines bikes with spikes

- Terminator Lord

- Spawns

And i hope the following gets looked at soon :

- Less corny Raptors + Lord with jump pack

- stand alone Obliterators without Briefs

- New non-turkey-looking Forgefiend

- New bigger dreadnoughts (Leviathan-based)

- New tanks without spikes (in the style of Kratos and/or Sicarans, or just make them 40k-compatible for Chaos only)

Imo after that, CSM would be in a really good place model-wise.

Personally I have always been of the opinion that the AoS approach to Chaos is the best, 4 "MonoGod" books that combine all mortals and Daemons dedicated to a God and a separate Undivided book for the undivided Legions + Be'lakor.

So for example, combining Death Guard with all Nurgle Daemons into a single book, suddenly you get a way beefier book with a lot more options.

Edited by mecanojavi99

2 hours ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Heard a tad more, again rumours are rumours.

Apparently the Chaos lord is going to be like the Space Marine LT, lots of weapon etc. Guess we'll see soon enough! 

It would be a pretty big step backwards if it didn't. GW def heard us loud and clear about all the one offs with no options throughout the 8th and 9th release cycle for Space Marines. Also since they are Chaos and not loyalists they aren't gonna do more than one kit anyway lol.

1 hour ago, mecanojavi99 said:

Personally I have always been of the opinion that the AoS approach to Chaos is the best, 4 "MonoGod" books that combine all mortals and Daemons dedicated to a God and a separate Undivided book for the undivided Legions + Be'lakor.

So for example, combining Death Guard with all Nurgle Daemons into a single book, suddenly you get a way beefier book with a lot more options.

Personally would square a lot of the rounds that I have with the current iterations army building, not all of them but it would help immensely.

I don't WANT to take Nurglings that are basically just point holders.  However, if suddenly my DG army rule applied to them... I'd probably be a lot more interested.

10 hours ago, mecanojavi99 said:

As long as they balance it correctly.

It wasn't that long ago that every second Death Guard, or Chaos Space Marine army just didn't have Space Marines. 

That was pretty lame imo.

19 hours ago, siegfriedfr said:

And i hope the following gets looked at soon :

- stand alone Obliterators without Briefs

Imo after that, CSM would be in a really good place model-wise.

You want naked obliterators? Is that for a slaanesh army?