17 hours ago, mecanojavi99 said:

Personally I have always been of the opinion that the AoS approach to Chaos is the best, 4 "MonoGod" books that combine all mortals and Daemons dedicated to a God and a separate Undivided book for the undivided Legions + Be'lakor.

So for example, combining Death Guard with all Nurgle Daemons into a single book, suddenly you get a way beefier book with a lot more options.

If they are to stay separate, I'm hoping that C:CSM (and all the Cult Codexes) have at least one detachment focussed on integrating daemons. (Either by replacing allies' <Legiones Daemonica> keyword with <Heretic Astartes> for that Detachment, or just having Stratagems that can target <Daemon> units.)

Edited by LSM

13 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

As long as they balance it correctly.

It wasn't that long ago that every second Death Guard, or Chaos Space Marine army just didn't have Space Marines. 

That was pretty lame imo.

I don't mind people taking pure chaos/nurgle etc forces without marines in them. Such forces do exist. I do mind if that's a pure gaming driven decision, aka because the latter sucks. Variety should come because people's styles or preferences drive their force, not because x objectively worse

Yeah, wanting to take a Marineless Chaos force because you wanna run Daemons/Dark Mechanicus/Traitor Guard (still waiting for those to come back, GW) is perfectly acceptable. Wanting to take one because Marines aren't meta is dumb.

I've said before that I wish that Chaos got a big ol' "megadex" which allows you to build any kind of Chaos army you want, rather than having to buy separate books for Death Guard, Knights and so forth. I don't expect it to happen any time soon as GW's modus operandi is currently based around compartmentalizing everything and changing the rules so frequently that long-term plans become impossible, but it'd be nice.

On 1/2/2024 at 2:10 PM, siegfriedfr said:

Raptors are 2012

Other chaos units from 2012:

Dark apostle - redone

Sorcerer - redone

Warpsmith - redone

Mutilators - discontinued

Chosen - redone

Cultist - redone

I find it weird that some people think they are too new to get redone when almost all the other chaos units from 2012 minus the dinobots have been redone already.

48 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Other chaos units from 2012:

Dark apostle - redone

Sorcerer - redone

Warpsmith - redone

Mutilators - discontinued

Chosen - redone

Cultist - redone

I find it weird that some people think they are too new to get redone when almost all the other chaos units from 2012 minus the dinobots have been redone already.

Ofcourse all of those mentioned where either resin or ETB/Bound to the oop starterset.. so its not quite the same thing, as these where not main plastic kits that have been redone.

Both of these type of releases have regularily had redone kits much faster than the chaos ones. ( wracks and DE HQ characters spring to mind, but I know there are more.) but I dont think there has ever been a main plastic kit redone that fast*... Im not saying its impossible or shouldnt happen (edited), but there is good reason that people threat them differently as one has precedence a plenty.. the other does not.

Edit *That fast by GW non-spacemarine standards that is ;) I mean its 12 years.

Edited by TheMawr

Technically it makes chaos and marines neck in neck for units released in 2012 that still need a refresh. Tanks not included of course they are both down to a few units Tacticals and Devastators, Vanguard and Centurions, and for Chaos it's Bikers, Raptors/Warp Claws, Mutilators/Obliterators. Yes I know you can get Obliterators but only two monopose single build in a bundle from a starter set wich is fine I geuss. The finish line is right there if they'd just bloody well cross it then any oddball release they come up with in the future won't have anyone complaining. Just get all the stumpies and fine casts into the retirement home where they belong.

Anyway I'm sure if I can see the finish line so can they. Hopefully Chaos will get more than just a pair of a new lords.

4 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

That's a bold statement right there.

Well rightfully. Some complaints are why didn't I get my thing when these got thiers but the legit ones are like why is this coming out when this other model is like 30 years old and not even available anymore. Wich it seems like with xenos and everyone they are adressing but holy hell is it taking forever. Especially since alot of finecast/metal models went made to order they just aren't available that should be the biggest priority over new crap.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

• 2 weeks later...