New Hachette Magazine Combat Patrol

10 minutes ago, beefeb said:

Premium currently is 13.99 an issue, so 56 quid a month, I dont think Ill bite on this one, theres too many things i have already and dont want anymore of, or stuff i dont want at all, such as orks, chaos, khorne or genestealer cults.

It's £11.99; £9.99 base price per issue and £2 uplift for Premium. That's both the price for Stormbringer (effective from issue 47) and the advertised price on the sign-up link for Combat Patrol. Not sure where you got £13.99 from.

24 minutes ago, beefeb said:

Premium currently is 13.99 an issue, so 56 quid a month, I dont think Ill bite on this one, theres too many things i have already and dont want anymore of, or stuff i dont want at all, such as orks, chaos, khorne or genestealer cults.

£9.99 a month for normal and £11.99 a month for premium.

I think it’s probably due to the fact that they really want to shove premium in your face lol

IMG_3228.jpeg

Edited by TheArtilleryman

It does say that the first delivery is only £4.99 and includes issues 1 and 2, plus glue, clippers and a mould line remover. You then have the second delivery that costs £39.96 or £49.96 depending on which sub you choose.

Does anyone know (or has anyone done this before) if you can take the first delivery and then cancel so you don’t pay for or receive the second?

10 minutes ago, TheArtilleryman said:

It does say that the first delivery is only £4.99 and includes issues 1 and 2, plus glue, clippers and a mould line remover. You then have the second delivery that costs £39.96 or £49.96 depending on which sub you choose.

Does anyone know (or has anyone done this before) if you can take the first delivery and then cancel so you don’t pay for or receive the second?

I believe you can as I've heard people do it before for just the free goodies...I'm tempted as well, plus I'd get leapers for £6.99 so a win there.

8 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

I believe you can as I've heard people do it before for just the free goodies...I'm tempted as well, plus I'd get leapers for £6.99 so a win there.

If it works, you’d be getting:

Terminator Captain

Winged Prime

3 x Leapers

Glue

Clippers

Mould line tool

plus 2 magazines

for £4.99

2 hours ago, CL_Mission said:

Since the first few issues are Tyranids and Space Marine then maybe the future patrols will be paired with a 'rival' patrol.

2 patrols per 20 inc some paints would up; maybe after the first few the marines will be spread out across the whole run

Looking deeper into the terms and conditions, it says you need to give 28 days to cancel the subscription, so my idea wouldn’t work, because you only have 2 weeks between deliveries one and two. So I think you’d be committed to the first six issues at least.

Edit: you’d also have to make sure you cancelled before taking the second delivery, or you’d get charged for the third as well, because it’s only 28 days between them.

I don't know what their plans are this time out, but for Imperium they actually changed the timing of the first premium pack. Whereas in the UK it was part of the first shipment, in the US the "free gift" with the first shipment was just a free issue (issues 1-3 were in the pack, but subscribers were only billed for two magazines). Then the first actual premium pack was part of the second shipment.

It's not a sub for me (a couple of factions I have zero interest in or need more models for, which negates any savings) but I will be doing some major cherry picking via HP/FP for cheap units. There's a nice spread of stuff too, which means I'll be able to possibly dip my toes into new factions on the cheap. =]

41 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

I don't know what their plans are this time out, but for Imperium they actually changed the timing of the first premium pack. Whereas in the UK it was part of the first shipment, in the US the "free gift" with the first shipment was just a free issue (issues 1-3 were in the pack, but subscribers were only billed for two magazines). Then the first actual premium pack was part of the second shipment.

I think this time the premium package will drop around delivery 6-7 like it did with Stormbringer...actually looks like they are trying to match the value of that one.

Given that it's not advertised as a trial (but we know it is) and they offer the option to pay £2 more per issue for the premium (which presumably will never ship with the trial run if it ends after 4(?) or so issues), what do Hachette do to compensate trialees who sign up to the premium run (or standard price trial for that matter)?

It seems a bit harsh if those that join the trial run are then expected to pay out again for essentially the same first few issues when the real series launches. Is there any precedence from the previous PartWorks series for how/if they compensate trialees at all. Not keen to sign up yet, if it's going to be a waste at this stage. 

55 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

I think this time the premium package will drop around delivery 6-7 like it did with Stormbringer...actually looks like they are trying to match the value of that one.

I used the wrong term - I was referring to the free stuff that Artilleryman was talking about (clippers and such).  Should have stuck with "free gifts" or "free extras" instead of using the word "premium".

7 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Given that it's not advertised as a trial (but we know it is) and they offer the option to pay £2 more per issue for the premium (which presumably will never ship with the trial run if it ends after 4(?) or so issues), what do Hachette do to compensate trialees who sign up to the premium run (or standard price trial for that matter)?

It seems a bit harsh if those that join the trial run are then expected to pay out again for essentially the same first few issues when the real series launches. Is there any precedence from the previous PartWorks series for how/if they compensate trialees at all. Not keen to sign up yet, if it's going to be a waste at this stage. 

When they did Imperium in 2021, you could register for the subscription when the trial started in January, but you didn't actually receive anything until the launch proper in August. So if you subscribe now, I'd have thought you won't receive anything until later this year. The trial issues are normally only available in selected retailers in specific regions 

23 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

I used the wrong term - I was referring to the free stuff that Artilleryman was talking about (clippers and such).  Should have stuck with "free gifts" or "free extras" instead of using the word "premium".

Ah, I get you. No problem :smile:

Fauxhammer dropped another cost breakdown article ->

https://www.fauxhammer.com/news/warhammer-40000-combat-patrol-full-collection-savings-breakdown/

They did it two ways, the first was combat patrol + bonus unit (some work out better than others as a maulerfiend is more than a comissar...right?) While the second was if you bought all units separately. Don't quite sure why they did that as we know the combat patrol boxes themselves offer a discount but, hey ho.

For those curious:

Space Marines  GBP £127.50  USD $215.00 EUR €167.50  CAD $255.00 AUD $349.00

Astra Militarum £117.50 $195.00 €155.00 $235.00 $325.00

Chaos Space Marines £117.50 $195.00 €155.00 $235.00 $303.00

World Eaters £145.00 $240.00 €190.00 $290.00 $360.00

Tyranids £120.00 $200.00 €157.50 $240.00 $334.00

Leagues of Votann £132.50 $220.00 €170.00 $265.00 $369.00

Orks £130.00 $220.00 €170.00 $260.00 $326.00

Aeldari £120.00 $200.00 €157.50 $240.00 $291.00

Genestealer Cults £132.50 $220.00 €170.00 $265.00 $340.00

Total Value £1142.50 $1905.00 €1492.50 $2285.00 $2997.00

Warhammer 40,000: Combat Patrol Cost £799.20    

Total Savings £343.30    

Percentage Saved 30%

These prices are GW in store and are obviously not taking any incoming price rises into account.

9 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

full release will probably resemble Imperium's availability internationally.

And what that was like? I'm sorry, I've not been following it at all.

2 hours ago, MaximusTL said:

is there anything resembling a release window, and when it would be coming to the US? or is it just operating under '2024'?

Look to Imperiums schedule. Whichever year it was released, there was a similar trial at this time of year, then ~Septemberish that year it released in the UK. It was early the following year for an Oz release. I don't recall if the US was before or after Oz, but my gut thinks it was before Oz.

In summary, probz Nov/Dec for the US.

3 minutes ago, Kastor Krieg said:

And what that was like? I'm sorry, I've not been following it at all.

Beyond UK/US/AUS, I don't know.

2 hours ago, firestorm40k said:

When they did Imperium in 2021, you could register for the subscription when the trial started in January, but you didn't actually receive anything until the launch proper in August. So if you subscribe now, I'd have thought you won't receive anything until later this year. The trial issues are normally only available in selected retailers in specific regions 

@skylerboodie to expand on @firestorm40k's answer, if you sign up during the trial period you don't get charged and don't receive any products. The only way to actually get hold of minis during the trial is to buy a copy from a physical retailer (newsagent, supermarket etc) in whatever region of the UK it's taking place in. You then get an email about a month after the trial ends which essentially says "thanks for signing up, it was actually a trial all along but we're pleased to confirm the collection will release fully later in the year". You then need to re-subscribe for the full collection when they launch the site for it (or at least reconfirm your bank details, they don't retain them from the trial which I presume is a GDPR thing)

I know it may seem pointless to sign up to the trial when you know it's a trial, but when Stormbringer started it was so widely communicated that it was a trial run that hardly anybody signed up and that completely flummoxed Hachette who ended up having to run a second trial to make sure there actually was enough demand to proceed. The whole thing ended up being delayed because of that. 

They have also previously offered a little freebie for people who sign up for the trial and then progress to the full collection, for Stormbringer it was a set of easy build Stormcast Sequiturs. It's not much but it's better than nothing.

So yeah TL;DR if you're interested for real, sign up for the trial.

6 hours ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

God I wish we had this available in Canada..

Unless anything in these articles has said otherwise, it's possible- Imperium WAS available in Canada (though I'm not sure about Quebec).

Keep the faith, my Maple Leaf Brother; the Emperor protects.

18 hours ago, TheArtilleryman said:

£9.99 a month for normal and £11.99 a month for premium.

I think it’s probably due to the fact that they really want to shove premium in your face lol

IMG_3228.jpeg

I stand corrected, my apologies, I couldve sworn it was higher.....i cancelled mine in december and the pay amount wasnt shown on my account page....I couldve sworn it had gone up to 13.99!?   Ah well...bargain then?   LOL.