Las Vegas Open Preview Stream - January 18th/19th

5 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

the proportions seem off ? it reminds me of goblin proportions, but not really GW goblins.

This could be a side effect of the image though.

I get the feeling they're leaning very far forward in a sprint so that might account for the weird proportions, plus their arms seems to be crossed across their body. I'm guessing this is for Underworlds or Warcry but some unexpected Eldar would always be welcome.

10 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

I get the feeling they're leaning very far forward in a sprint so that might account for the weird proportions, plus their arms seems to be crossed across their body. I'm guessing this is for Underworlds or Warcry but some unexpected Eldar would always be welcome.

Likely, there is plenty of elven rumors for AoS/sidegames and their silhouettes are quite eldarish too. In fact the crest could be similar to the one in the december teaser silhouette but from a front (or back) perspective.

The pants shape is vaguely remniscent of what you can see from the pants next to sphinx cat too, though its a stretch.

while this is almost certainly not 40k (90%), but if it was, I would think more something like a WHQ character... a new 40k WHQ is well due :)

Guest Triszin

Could be a character for parish nexus campaign?

A shadow seer/harlequin/Corsair?

Yes I think figure is sprinting forwards or leaping with their left knee high. I think arms crossed, but the sword held backwards so both weapons poking out to the figures left. The top right part is something worn on their back.

Harlequin Mimes Kill Team?

I think Mimes are Harlequin heralds, like scouts, juniors who go ahead of a performance. Seems to fit KT. 

And wasn't their a harlequin KT rumour over a year ago?

Edited by Aramis K

The problem is that each preview tends to focus on one game system.

Put simply, this can't be KT if the other one is Mandrakes.

I'd also rule out miniatures specifically for Pariah Nexus as its only really the end of edition books that tend to get miniatures alongside them. We've also seen the celebration miniatures for the year already.

18 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

I'd also rule out miniatures specifically for Pariah Nexus as its only really the end of edition books that tend to get miniatures alongside them. We've also seen the celebration miniatures for the year already.

This isnt entirely true, or rather, its only true for 9th edition.

Before 9th edition Campaign books were regularily accompanied by random solo miniature releases, more often than codices where in fact ( wich where either nothing or multi kit release waves. )

Its very possible/likely that 9th edition is the new standard going forward ( as like 9th edition, we are also in at least 1 model with every codex mode.) but there are 8 7 editions of precedence where campaign books could have miniature releases even when it was not the end of edition campaign.

( a little sidenote, the anniversary ordo malleus inquisitor bears a striking resemblance to the inquisitor featured in one of the 9th edition campaign books, and if he was released there it would also fit his rumor engine timing much much better. I think it sadly was a last minute change in order to respond to the loud crowd complaining about only Spacemarines getting those LE miniatures... but thats just wild speculation.)

Edited by TheMawr

To explain my proportions remark... until a few moments ago I only saw this in the silhouette :

ujjb58uq.jpg.39cd4d60f7be523d6065b3bfb2a1a11b.jpg

And I just couldnt figure out how other people saw proper elf/eldar proportions in it, but assumed it was just me, most of all what people saw as blades did look more like a music instrument and a wand to me, or a very odd bow and arrow... until after dinner doing some other stuff and looking at the picture I suddenly saw this :

ujjb58rruq.jpg.f1bcd7acb7a0f0f7b905a0e7375fc4d1.jpg

Wich is probably what everyone saw all along XD

8 hours ago, TheMawr said:

( a little sidenote, the anniversary ordo malleus inquisitor bears a striking resemblance to the inquisitor featured in one of the 9th edition campaign books, and if he was released there it would also fit his rumor engine timing much much better. I think it sadly was a last minute change in order to respond to the loud crowd complaining about only Spacemarines getting those LE miniatures... but thats just wild speculation.)

He bears more than a striking resemblance. It's the same character by name - Erasmus Cartavolnus in Vigilus Alone and Erasmus Cartavolnus on the model box and datasheet.

9 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

Put simply, this can't be KT if the other one is Mandrakes.

It's not impossible, but it would need to be the Mandrake reveal ending with this being a single miniature tease. If it is indeed a harlequin for kill team. And it kind of needs to be for this to be sensible to be a harlequin, because if it was an announcement for 40k that would be way early.

So my guess is this is an AoS mini.

3 hours ago, Ming the Merciless said:

I guess some kind of Lumineth ranger akin to ye olde High Elf Shadow Warriors

I believe one of the Warcry warbands is supposed to be order, it makes sense to me. Although I keep seeing a Harlequin

According to Valrak's latest video, he's hearing whispers that Votann v GSC are coming for Kill Team (he doesn't specify next, just that's what he's hearing) of course, that silhouette doesn't match either of them 

4 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

According to Valrak's latest video, he's hearing whispers that Votann v GSC are coming for Kill Team (he doesn't specify next, just that's what he's hearing) of course, that silhouette doesn't match either of them 

That'd be after the Mandrakes and Night Lords box. It makes sense that Votann would be one, as we've had a ton of rumor engines in the past which lend themselves to a kill team.