Las Vegas Open Preview Stream - January 18th/19th

30 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

That'd be after the Mandrakes and Night Lords box. It makes sense that Votann would be one, as we've had a ton of rumor engines in the past which lend themselves to a kill team.

Were they not solved in the existing Votann kill team (which was just an upgrade sprue)? I remember that got a couple. 

4 minutes ago, fire golem said:

Were they not solved in the existing Votann kill team (which was just an upgrade sprue)? I remember that got a couple. 

I think there was more after that, but I can't remember off the top of my head, it's been a while.

Some stuff that looked like the Hernkyn Pioneers is what I remember without going back to look.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

6 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I think there was more after that, but I can't remember off the top of my head, it's been a while.

Some stuff that looked like the Hernkyn Pioneers is what I remember without going back to look.

All those where resolved, however later on there was the rocket launcher pistol that "could" be votann ( or krieg/guard ) as there are equal similarities and dissimilarities. Then later on was a 100% votann hand carrying 100% votann mines ( 3 of them.) but thats it.

4 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

All those where resolved, however later on there was the rocket launcher pistol that "could" be votann ( or krieg/guard ) as there are equal similarities and dissimilarities. Then later on was a 100% votann hand carrying 100% votann mines ( 3 of them.) but thats it.

The mines must be what I was thinking about. I knew there was something afterwards, just not what it was. I haven't kept too up to date with my votann stuff :laugh:

6 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

According to Valrak's latest video, he's hearing whispers that Votann v GSC are coming for Kill Team (he doesn't specify next, just that's what he's hearing) of course, that silhouette doesn't match either of them 

I think, based on the rumors now, next ( "spring" ) might be Vespids vs Inquisitional Scions (upgrade) and then ( "summer" ) Votann Pioneers vs GSC Broodbrothers ( rumor is upgrade sprue to new cadians.. wich makes sense to release sooner than later actually as the current one is based on old cadians.)

However I dont think any of that will be previewed now, nor even teased.

Anything beyond Mandrakes, the Nightmare boxset and its accompanying terrain for kill team would be "out of seasonal schedule" imho.. but I dont really expect anything there ( not anymore) and definitely not now.

I was waiting for todays countdown teaser for a prediction post, but it didnt came. Rereading the article again, I really wonder if expectations should be kept low (wich I stopped doing halfway through this post.)

However the article focuses heavy on new boxes so, with my collage of previous events in mind ( spoiler tag)

Spoiler

pastpreviewevents.thumb.jpg.f8f5e9e0a57e1541c536df08aef6e428.jpg

Kill team -  1 new kit ( 1 boxset )

Remains the same, Mandrakes full team and the boxset they come in. Terrain too.

Warcry/WHU -

The next boxset  ( 2 warbands; elves vs ghosts ) and the next warband ( Graverobber, probably the kitten's pet and accomplishes )

I could see them adding roadmaps to each of them, as for the skirmish games the roadmaps have ended.

AoS - no "new" kits ( 6 boxsets )

The "death" theme book and its mortarch associated boxsets, but no miniatures not seen before (there are many still to be released there)... just maybe they held one new miniature back to be shown here, or maybe the callis and toll miniatures to respond to all the undead shenanigans.

Horus heresy -  3-5 new kits ( 1 boxset )

The Solar Auxilia launchbox, and just the box (and contents ofcourse.) no further releases now. The main troops, the mini sentinels, transport.

All of the above would still fall in the winter season I believe.

40k -

Remains the big question mark, though I think the theme here might be boxsets too... with or without new miniatures ( the optimal/minimal in the speculation.)

Valrak had mentioned several boxsets in the past weeks/months among wich the big custodes boxset that is not a combat patrol or early codex boxset. 2 chaos boxsets and mumblings of multiple imperial agent/inquisition boxsets.

There is also the kroot release box, but its too early for that imho.. same for the dark angels and tau combat patrols.  The ork boxset with the new big mek is possible but the contents sound to be combat patrol as well.

1 -- Custodes boxset, rumor : 6 bikes, 6 terminators, 5 normal custodes and Shield captain.  No codex.

optimal : New custodes mini = "Shield captain", or there actually is a seperate new shield captain too.    minimal : "shield captain" is either just one of the 17 miniatures or mistaken identity of Trajan valoris.

Then also one of the two chaos boxsets :

2 a -- Chaos boxset, rumor :  (new) Chaos jump lord leading Daemonesque contents, whatever that means. ( this sounds more like a "narrative" boxset than a "gameplay" one.. thus a more likely candidate imho.. especially if its all wyrmwood related.)

optimal : New jump lord,    minimal : rumorsource forgot Haarken worldclaimer already exists, and its just him.

2 b -- Chaos boxset, rumor : contains (at least) Terminators and the new chaos lord.

( I think this one might be the new combat patrol and thus a later release, however if the new lord would indeed match the deathwing assault art it might be a likely candidate.. also a chaos lord or terminator lord does not need the new codex yet.) no minimal as I dont think there is a potential mistaken identity here.

Then maybe, just maybe also one of these :

3 -- Inquisition boxset, rumor : rumors of multiple inquisition boxsets, wich is why valrak thinks the "redacted" codex is Imperial agents. Personally I think, if true ( wich his boxset rumors usually are.) the multiple refers to a 40k boxset or two and a kill team one ( specifically the tempestus scions upgrade sprue rumor.) but no agents codex or army.

optimal : Suprise Coteaz or Generic inquisitor, minimal : Greyfax leads the boxset.

The question is more what army it will use as filler.

4 -- Krieg boxset, rumor : the rumor engines in december showed some stuff, I think valrak mentioned a box too, but Im not sure.

There is no true minimal as we have seen plenty of imperial guard rumor engines now, I guess the minimal would be a Krieg upgrade sprue like the cadian/dark angel one. as for the Optimal side, I dont expect the krieg elements to be as much as some people expect.. even if it equals, and I wouldnt expect more, the cadia specific stuff its still just 5 kits beyond the existing krieg infantry ( Ursula creed, Castellan, HQ, Upgrade sprue, Kasrkin.)  I believe in IA Krieg do share tanks with SA ( Malcador, the transport.) and personally Im not 100% convinced of the suggested no cross-over policy... I guess between SA plastics and the AM codex it will become very clear.

Either way, if its a now thing, I think its closer to the minimal side; HQ, Upgrade sprue... several of the existing krieg infantry unit, Sentinels and an older tank or two. ( no rogal dorn.)

or who knows, 3 & 4 are one and the same thing... with a minimal Inquisition retinue ( Greyfax and Acolytes) accompanying an optimal krieg army or vice versa.

Edited by TheMawr

I agree with much of the beginning of your post, but thinking it's too early for the kroot stuff despite theorising for stuff that won't be coming for another 6 months is a bit weird?

Considering the skirmish games and Solar Auxilia are probably going to be the stars of the show, I don't think we'll see more kits than the Custodes and Ork characters, and perhaps associated boxsets?

Hadn't realised there were decent rumours of Inquisitors / Imperial Agents doing the rounds. Gives me another reason to be quietly excited.

As for Heresy, I think it's almost certain we'll have the SA plastics previewed. But I doubt it'll be the whole range in one go. I'm just hoping there is a reveal of the rest of the Road Map for the year.

5 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

As for Heresy, I think it's almost certain we'll have the SA plastics previewed. But I doubt it'll be the whole range in one go. I'm just hoping there is a reveal of the rest of the Road Map for the year.

I can't imagine we'll see a roadmap for Heresy until we reach whatever digital event replaces Warhammer Fest this year, as that's roughly when the current one expires.

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

I can't imagine we'll see a roadmap for Heresy until we reach whatever digital event replaces Warhammer Fest this year, as that's roughly when the current one expires.

We could get one even before the current one expires since 40k also got another one after only the first two codexes released. The other seven in Winter and Spring are on both roadmaps and the new one just replaced the two codexes in Autumn with 3 new ones in Summer.

That doesn't mean we have to get a new one but its not that unlikely since only the last fifth will be left after SA is revealed

Edited by Matrindur

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

But I NEED to know if we're getting more big plastic releases this year so I can get a new credit card

1 hour ago, Joe said:

It might be fairly predictable as well, which isn't a bad thing at all. A new armor mark (II, IV or V) + a couple of kits for Legiones Astartes, Solar Auxilia kits throughout the year, resin characters and upgrades, a campaign book with new datasheets for SA, a primarch or two (Angron/Mortarion/Khan/Magnus) and probably a tease at another army (Mechanicum most likely) near the end. That's what's in my head right now as to what we might see.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It might be fairly predictable as well, which isn't a bad thing at all. A new armor mark (II, IV or V) + a couple of kits for Legiones Astartes, Solar Auxilia kits throughout the year, resin characters and upgrades, a campaign book with new datasheets for SA, a primarch or two (Angron/Mortarion/Khan/Magnus) and probably a tease at another army (Mechanicum most likely) near the end. That's what's in my head right now as to what we might see.

I think this is right on the money in all earnesty. I suspect we may see one of the Terminator variants get updated first, as those are glaringly out of scale now.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think this is right on the money in all earnesty. I suspect we may see one of the Terminator variants get updated first, as those are glaringly out of scale now.

I could see Tartaros getting redone, as Cataphractii is in the Age of Darkness box. They'll probably keep Cataphractii as is until they retire that. I'd love to see a heresy Indomitus pattern kit, but I don't think we're there yet.

22 hours ago, TheMawr said:

If it is a kill team, hopefully it comes in its own solo box right away. Would rather see it released as a standard 40k unit though. Those are a little easier to find with the way stock issues go these days.

7 hours ago, TheMawr said:

There is also the kroot release box, but its too early for that imho.

Maybe, but I think that depends on how big the release will be. They started previewing Seraphon and CoS way ahead of their actual box reveals, and even Flesh Eaters had a few weeks of previews before their box reveal. If the Kroot release is big enough, I think it is reasonable they start showing stuff now

7 hours ago, TheMawr said:

I was waiting for todays countdown teaser for a prediction post, but it didnt came. Rereading the article again, I really wonder if expectations should be kept low.

My personal prediction:

Everything that was Silhouetted in the new year teasers will be revealed, along with a definitive "this Codex/Battle Tome/Liber order" image (maybe also a road map that goes further into 2024 than the current one).

As for Kill Team and Warcry, the other half of the Nightlords box, half of the next Warcry Box and road maps for both.

22 minutes ago, sitnam said:

Maybe, but I think that depends on how big the release will be. They started previewing Seraphon and CoS way ahead of their actual box reveals, and even Flesh Eaters had a few weeks of previews before their box reveal. If the Kroot release is big enough, I think it is reasonable they start showing stuff now

For me it’s not that it’s too early per se, it’s more that there are two books ahead of Tau on the roadmap. I don’t see them doing reveals for 3 codexes in one show. If we get anything for Tau it’ll probably be minimal, like one model. I hope I’m wrong though cos I’m really excited to see Kroot stuff. 

23 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

That'd be after the Mandrakes and Night Lords box. It makes sense that Votann would be one, as we've had a ton of rumor engines in the past which lend themselves to a kill team.

Valrak was taking GSC Vs Votann in reference to the next Killteam. Really hoping thats true - would love a new unit for Votann and the pIoneers are really cool. Basically the Votann equivalent of rangers/scouts. 

Be great if we get a sneak peek at them this reveal but I'm not expecting anything beyond the Mandrakes and maybe a roadmap .

To put things into perspective, last year we got:

40k:

Strike force Agustus (Brutalis Dread, Liuetenant, Desolation marines)

Wrath of the Soul Forge King (Vashtorr and DA Character (crumbs, how are we still doing DA stuff a full year later?)

Killteam Soulshackle (Dark Eldar, Arbites)

HH (Cerebus)

Warcry Blood Hunt (Vampire Samurai, Flesh Hound mortals)

Underworld Team (Daughters of Khaine)

Seraphon Launch box (Saurus, Skink riders and a Slaan)

That's quite a lot of stuff in the preview period.

I think it's fair to say that we'll see comparable for Underworlds, Warcry and Killteam with their boxsets.

Heresy I'd imagine gets the first 3 units for SA shown off.

40k gets Custodes Character + Ork Character shown off then maybe the first 3 Kroot units (assuming there's more?)

27 minutes ago, sitnam said:

Yes, but I believe both (eldar too) started as monday featurettes wich I could see them doing with kroot.

It also wasnt clear in general in my large post that the focus of speculation was specifically on boxes as Warcom never used so explicitedly before that they will announce alot of boxes....

it wouldnt suprise me at all if they show the kroot critter rider already teased together with the other silhouettes, or another random kroot, I just dont think the kroot box will be shown off yet. I also think its too early for any codex related boxsets ( launchbox/combat patrol) so that influenced my speculation.

However, GW might just as well just refererred to the AoS boxes.. and 40k just gets solo reveals. Im not necessarily convinced by my own speculation ;)

3 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

To put things into perspective, last year we got:

40k:

Strike force Agustus (Brutalis Dread, Liuetenant, Desolation marines)

Wrath of the Soul Forge King (Vashtorr and DA Character (crumbs, how are we still doing DA stuff a full year later?)

Killteam Soulshackle (Dark Eldar, Arbites)

HH (Cerebus)

Warcry Blood Hunt (Vampire Samurai, Flesh Hound mortals)

Underworld Team (Daughters of Khaine)

Seraphon Launch box (Saurus, Skink riders and a Slaan)

That's quite a lot of stuff in the preview period.

I think it's fair to say that we'll see comparable for Underworlds, Warcry and Killteam with their boxsets.

Heresy I'd imagine gets the first 3 units for SA shown off.

40k gets Custodes Character + Ork Character shown off then maybe the first 3 Kroot units (assuming there's more?)

It was just the soulforge king box last year, Azrael was already revealed around christmas and Vashtor was revealed even earlier. So there where no new miniature reveals for the box.

still if in the same ballpark you have all the usual skirmish things and then 3 releases spread among the main systems, 2x box of 3 kits each and a solo model.

If translating that exactly then HH gets the 1x box of 3 kits. leaving +/- 4 kits to share between AoS and 40k

So it would roughly compare with what you say.

That is, when using a previous show as your guideline.

4 minutes ago, USNCenturion said:

Surprised there haven’t been any leaks yet. 

Last time someone pointed this out it took less than an hour for a leak to drop ;)

So.. start the clock

edit addition :

Perhaps the person responsible for those creative countdown images was the leaker and got fired ;) ? thats why we got much simpler images now and missed 2 days as the CEO is trying his best with paint :p

Edited by TheMawr
Im posting too much already

Guest Triszin
41 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Last time someone pointed this out it took less than an hour for a leak to drop ;)

So.. start the clock

edit addition :

Perhaps the person responsible for those creative countdown images was the leaker and got fired ;) ? thats why we got much simpler images now and missed 2 days as the CEO is trying his best with paint :p

They simply put the leaks on the new gw webstore. No one will ever find it