1 hour ago, Robbienw said:

I’m still really annoyed they didn’t do shin plates and powerfist plates with DA iconography like on the previous Deathwing kit.

Hopefully one of the people who does decent 3D printed accessories will do some!

Good. The old ones looked like over decorated Christmas trees

10 minutes ago, Handsome Fred said:

The full codex has leaked.

And is even worst than expected.

Rules are temporary, models last forever. Don’t buy models because they are the hot stuff and meta.

15 minutes ago, SvenONE said:

Still, going from 47ppm to 55pm, a 20% increase for weakened damage and an extra (but marginally different) load out seems steep. Has any other codex release seen an increase like that? Would like to see what some of the other detachment rules are, but this signals to me that they felt the initial 10th DWK rules made them too strong?

10th has only been out around 6 months, not enough time to incorporate any early experience into this codex IMHO. I suspect that this codex was probably already printed by the time they started getting playtest data from the wild. Most codices have seen some points adjustments pretty quickly on release. Hopefully they will see sense and dial DWKs back to something more reasonable.

It is always risky being early in the codex release cycle as it is hard to judge whether you are going to be behind the curve or not.

27 minutes ago, SvenONE said:

Yeah for the point cost just bring a land raider lol. DWK have always had a bit of a rough path since their introduction to the codex.

The new stratagem that lets you teleport, combined with the turn 1 deep strike will help with some of that mobility issue though.

Still, going from 47ppm to 55pm, a 20% increase for weakened damage and an extra (but marginally different) load out seems steep. Has any other codex release seen an increase like that? Would like to see what some of the other detachment rules are, but this signals to me that they felt the initial 10th DWK rules made them too strong?

From reading the datasheets, DWK are absolutely the bullet magnet unit so that a character running with them (looking at you Lion) will make it to combat and utterly blend whatever they run into. I think they combo very well with Belial to take advantage of the super close deep strike shenanigans on offer from the detachment. It's clear that the regular Deathwing Term squad are there to be the upticked Terminators who can be tooled out to lay some smackdown against all comers. Think the DWK should be able to get -2AP 2D maces but honestly, they're not awful.

Edited by Balthamal

As long as the points come down with the next data slate, I’ll be Ok with the new book. Though I did just start painting a DW command squad, which I’m a little miffed about.

2 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

Just went to the webstore to look at something and they're employing a captcha as well as a queue this time.

Thank, God.  At least they are trying.

I’m very annoyed that we have lost a unique squad. even though we still have the deathwing terminator squad. It’s just a shooty terminator squad now (with option to have plasma cannon.) we lost the whole mixed melee/ranged aspect that has been a staple of the squad for, what 8 editions of the game 2nd-9th.

i know there are other things to gripe about, but that’s what’s working me most. Lqtm.

also very annoyed with the lost Dw Command squad, too. I just couldn’t figure which I was more annoyed with.

Edited by Harleqvin

56 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

Good. The old ones looked like over decorated Christmas trees

You’ve been doing your Christmas tree wrong if it’s beige block with angels of death icons and sword  stuck to it lad :laugh:

The shin pad iconography goes back to the original metal Deathwing terminators, they look wrong without it.

I just had a look at the leaked rules and some things that stood out to me:

- No Deathwing Command Squad, but the Ravenwing one is still a thing, unless the leaker somehow forgot to take a picture of the Deathwing one.

- Ezekiel doesn't have the Tacticus Keyword so looks like he isn't getting a new model anytime soon, unlike Pedro and Sicarius that received it in advance in wait of new models.

- The Companions have the Deathwing keyword and can have attached any character that can be attached to Sternguard Veterans, so no Terminators or Lion, they don't have any Invuln either instead their fancy brazers give the unit -1 to Hit as long as a character is leading the unit.

- No Datasheet for Interrogator Chaplains.

- No Datasheet for Masters to replace

Captains like in previous editions.

- No Ravenwing characters beyond Sammael and the Command Squad, but the Chaplain on Bike from Codex SM would also get the Ravenwing Keyword.

- No Deathwing specific characters beyond Belial, have to use Terminator characters from Codex SM, which get the Deathwing Keyword.

- You can take both Deathwing Terminators and Codex SM Terminators.

- Units that get the Ravenwing Keyword from the SM Codex: Units withe the Mounted Keyword and Vehicles with the Fly Keyword.

- Units that get the Deathwing Keyword from the SM Codex: Terminators, Bladeguard, Sternguard, Vanguard Veterans, Bladeguard Ancient, Dreadnaughts, all 3 Land Raider variants and all 2 Repulsor variants.

Edited by mecanojavi99

4 minutes ago, mecanojavi99 said:

No Deathwing Command Squad, but the Ravenwing one is still a thing, unless the leaker somehow forgot to take a picture of the Deathwing one.

I was curious about this, because if Ravenwing Command Squad were getting Character then I'd expect Deathwing Command Squad to get it too. A Captain, Strikemaster, Knight, Command blob would have been a hell of a thing to deal with.

1 hour ago, Redcomet said:

Rules are temporary, models last forever. Don’t buy models because they are the hot stuff and meta.

My Dark Angels collection has 70 models...only for the first company. And I preordered to my lgs the new box.
So I don't care too much about rules when we talk about dark angels

16 minutes ago, mecanojavi99 said:

- The Companions have the Deathwing keyword and can have attached any character that can be attached to Sternguard Veterans, so no Terminators or Lion, they don't have any Invuln either instead their fancy brazers reduce incoming damage by 1 as long as a character is leading the unit.

I think incoming attacks are at -1 to Hit, not -1 Damage.

11 minutes ago, jaxom said:

I was curious about this, because if Ravenwing Command Squad were getting Character then I'd expect Deathwing Command Squad to get it too. A Captain, Strikemaster, Knight, Command blob would have been a hell of a thing to deal with.

The Ravenwing command squad survives because it is a current kit. The Deathwing one has gone extinct because the new Terminator Kits do not include command squad parts. No models = no rules. I suspect the RWCS is on borrowed time and will be phased out whenever Ravenwing and bikes get revamped.

1 hour ago, Redcomet said:

Some folks are forgetting 8E, where DA were absolutely terrible.

As far as the rules, I'm going to pick up the box still, as I want the models. As we've seen with Death Guard, they are willing to address things, so we'll have to see what happens.

1 hour ago, SvenONE said:

Admech got a pretty high points increase for the index, which didnt match the stats at all, then they lowered it, then the codex raised it, and we're told there should be aimething released this month adjusting said points XD

2 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

I think incoming attacks are at -1 to Hit, not -1 Damage.

The Ravenwing command squad survives because it is a current kit. The Deathwing one has gone extinct because the new Terminator Kits do not include command squad parts. No models = no rules. I suspect the RWCS is on borrowed time and will be phased out whenever Ravenwing and bikes get revamped.

Aye thanks, already corrected that in my post.

It's all over reddit now codex wise but bloody hell deathwing knights were the least of our concerns. 

How are Maces of absolution the same as caliban greatswords and why would anybody go for the sweeping with em.

Companions have a 3+ save 3 wounds and if a character is leading -1 to hit. Apart from Azreal leading them they will melt. 

1 minute ago, mecanojavi99 said:

The Deathwing Terminator Datasheet.

Spoiler

full-codex-info-detachments-all-datasheets-v0-cjug0g1hwgdc1.thumb.jpg.9e704e980b1463b63a53043367a07537.jpg

Well, dang. Guess the current team knows what Deathwing fans enjoy way better than everyone else who wrote the rules for the last 25 years.

Been ignoring rules til now, but I'll admit it stings to see what they did to my boys in bone.

4 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

That doesn't mean it won't show up again in the future, or say much about the RWCS's future. There are multiple examples of kits they have resigned to legends temporarily, only to bring back in the future. When things are so directly tied to what models are available in the here and now, there's really nothing to be said as to whether they're back in some form later in the edition or next edition.