Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Necronaut said:

...the scourge he made for himself (for I think obvious reasons and usage), plus...his devotion chain is his only real keepsake that would not otherwise be kept in the armoury for safe keeping.

...the scourge he made for himself (for I think obvious reasons and usage)...and his devotion chain.

...obvious reasons...

Congratulations! Your Blendr Profile is complete!

You have a match!

Image result for lelith hesperax artwork

Maybe you'd like to send her a message?

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

@Mazer Rackham Gerhardt: "Cogitator, send the xenos harpy this message: DROP PODS INBOUND."

Lilith: :bunny:

Also Lilith: 'It's Raining Men' Intensifies

On-Topic progamming will resume shortly.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

So, unless anyone has any other lines of inquiry they want to start pursuing, I will assume everyone is waiting for the autopsy results to come in before asking any other questions (which I suppose makes sense, to be fair).

Xin and I are working on that, so I think it will form the basis of this Friday's update, somewhere approx 12 hours after the death of Dendinius.

So last week’s plan of placing placeholders and then catching up did not really work out beyond the placeholders. This week looks like it might be approaching normality again and with it sufficient hobby time.

If actions are required of Alda or Anastasia right now, @Lysimachus / @Mazer Rackham please let  me know and I can drop another placeholder while I try and get up to speed over the next few days.

I think as far as Murderers goes, I was hoping that Alda might take on the task of investigating what had happened in recent times to Inquisitor Kine? (I think hopefully it's been clear to everyone that he doesn't seem to be quite right?)

Particularly, she would have more freedom than an Astartes (and more anonymity) to go outside of the area that serves as the Watchstation and into the other parts of the Bulwark - the parts run by the Ordo Xenos, but also potentially there are bits controlled by other Ordos and agents where information might also be gleaned?

So if you want to do anything like that, please feel free?

@A.T. Just to clarify, do you mean Dendinius' room?

I should say that the sense of taint you felt when you arrived there does not lessen noticeably when Gerhardt is bundled back to his own cell.

However, after the Librarian’s body is taken away to the Apothecarion, it might begin to fade a bit!

2 hours ago, Machine God said:

"Same procedure as last year, Miss Sophie?"

"The same procedure as every year, James."

37 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

I think as far as Murderers goes, I was hoping that Alda might take on the task of investigating what had happened in recent times to Inquisitor Kine? (I think hopefully it's been clear to everyone that he doesn't seem to be quite right?)

Particularly, she would have more freedom than an Astartes (and more anonymity) to go outside of the area that serves as the Watchstation and into the other parts of the Bulwark - the parts run by the Ordo Xenos, but also potentially there are bits controlled by other Ordos and agents where information might also be gleaned?

So if you want to do anything like that, please feel free?

I will keep that in mind and work it in.  

Very Interesting.

Professor Purple in the Drawing Room with the instrument for holding light sources.

Standard intrigue within the spooky castle of the mysterious Count?

Vladimir impaling his guests with big swords...

"What part of the Inquisition is playing with our kill-team, and what do they really want?"

Shadowy figures called Ash and HAL conspiring in secret about uber technological secrets on Dorghra VII.

Don't turn to page 400 as that won't help you! 

2 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

“I think the simple truth is we don't know, Brother Vafri. You're right, though, we can't afford to ignore that aspect of this mess. But as I said, we're blind, and I'm not so sure there are any psykers I would trust to help us answer those questions here on Alucar? Interrogator Aykawa has a touch of it, apparently. There are a few others on the Bulwark’s permanent staff, astropaths and such… wait a minute…”

His too-black eyes suddenly open wide.

“Brother Aednan.”

So Aednan is the Grey Kight from earlier? or have I missed something else.

2 hours ago, Trokair said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again, he's a clever fella! :thumbsup:

On 5/20/2024 at 7:35 PM, Trokair said:

The Astartes in grey armour guarding the lower levels? Hopefully and not a Son of Titan, we don't want more Mind Wipes.

22 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again, he's a clever fella! :thumbsup:

Surely not a figure in black with Two Silver Pauldrons ?

As for Kine. Oddness has been indicated:

“Let the naysayers speak as they will. Whatever threat is at Dorghra, he will vanquish it. My Lord will be himself again. All will be as it should be.”

13 minutes ago, Machine God said:

The Astartes in grey armour guarding the lower levels? Hopefully and not a Son of Titan, we don't want more Mind Wipes.

Our GM has been quite careful with wording there, but I suspect if it's not Gandalf the Grey Knight, it's a Deathwatch Keeper in Mk VIII.

Either of those is real trouble.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Dibs.

Calling dibs on a Kroot rifle? what kind of marine are you?

Or is it a Dark Eldar Splinter rifle, becouse that's hardly less heretical...  :tongue:

1 hour ago, Machine God said:

"We can not say."

Edited by Trokair

42 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Calling dibs on a Kroot rifle? what kind of marine are you?

One who likes to plant incriminating evidence in people's lockers.

42 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Or is it a Dark Eldar Splinter rifle, becouse that's hardly less heretical...  :tongue:

Believe it or not, with Azadth's history, I was going to beg, borrow or steal Weapon Training (Exotic) (Splinter Rifle) or (Shuriken Catapult) at Chargen. He's not against battlefield pickups, no matter their origin. If he was close enough to the Orks, he'd be toting one of the Kustom Shootas. This would be because of the Chapter's lack of kit. Why use bolt shells when the enemy's guns work against enemy's armour?

It also helps when he accidentally shoots people who discover lockers with incriminating evidence.

A quick answer to Alda, and a bit of clarification on who/what Aednan is...

...but I think that will do from me for this week, there's quite a bit of extra info there, so anything more can wait until Friday's update.

NB. If you haven't already specified, maybe let me know here whether your character is going to the chem lab, or down to talk to the GK, or to interview/interrogate Gerhardt again (or something else?) that would be great!

Man's second favourite pastime!

Nothing from me, I don't think. I have a scene when you're all out of the mortuary, but it'll keep until after the update.

Be interesting to have Chekov's Alien Gun identified, since Kroot Rifles could be a thing (GM mysteries), but first contact with the Kroot wasn't until M41. @Trokair how about a forbidden lore Xenos test on the way out?