Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

@Trokair Hmm, I will think on it and see if I can work something out. The trouble is it's still a DW game, so threats need to be threatening to a full squad of Astartes... at which point, mortals tend to just... die? :ermm::laugh:

@Necronaut A crazy medic, you say? That sounds familiar from somewhere...? (I must admit I liked the idea of Gerhardt actually being the same guy from DoI but at the very start of his DW journey, so I thought Tac/Ass made sense, but we can work with whatever you guys decide!)

@Machine God Yeah, that is true... it's just a bugbear of mine, I guess. If you blindly took a random 9 balls out of a bag containing 1000 numbered balls, what would be the odds of pulling out 1-9?

Or even including the BT, pulling out 1-8 and number 11.

Either way, it's just not likely to happen, right?

I'm not saying no First Founding Chapters... but maybe 2 or 3 max? There are so many awesome Successors out there to choose from, why limit yourself to only the first 9?

Edit:

@Xin Ceithan which Founding are the Mentors from? I thought the last was 23rd in late m.37? Are they outside the usual Founding process?

Edit edit: Did the Space Sharks only reappear when Badab happened? I thought they were cruising around the edges of the Imperium for all those millennia, so in theory one could have found his way to joining the Watch?

Edited by Lysimachus

6 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

@Trokair Hmm, I will think on it and see if I can work something out. The trouble is it's still a DW game, so threats need to be threatening to a full squad of Astartes... at which point, mortals tend to just... die? :ermm::laugh:

I am sure the others would protect the little fellow, Right :ermm:

@Lysimachus yeah let's run him as a tactical or assault marine instead. The thing that makes Gerhardt work is he likes to take long walks along the beach while whispering sweet nothings to his sword... Which talks back to him.

I'm happy to leave the doctoring to someone else. 

Edited by Necronaut

2 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Yes. But they only openly appeared to the Imperium of Man after fighting during the Badab War. 

or the War of the false Primarch :whistling:

Mentor’s are 26th Founding,  mid M41 after the demise of the Star Scorpions, per Lexicanum . No worries, there’s plenty of Successors to go around..

(Mmmh, Star Scorpions… another potential Rabbit Hole…:blink:

I’m leaning towards Tactical atm, though I do bring some credentials for Apothecary :whistling:

15 minutes ago, Xin Ceithan said:

Mentor’s are 26th Founding,  mid M41 after the demise of the Star Scorpions, per Lexicanum . No worries, there’s plenty of Successors to go around..

(Mmmh, Star Scorpions… another potential Rabbit Hole…:blink:)

Derp, why did I have it my head that 23rd was the most recent before the Ultima? Of course it's the 26th!

OK, so that means there might be some Chapters that are too young to fit the timeline of late m.38. That could probably be fudged a little if there is a 24th or 25th Founding Chapter someone wants to use, but yeah... 26th is probably out.

I’m leaning towards Tactical atm, though I do bring some credentials for Apothecary 

:whistling:

Now that is something I would like to see/read! :laugh:

Anyway, so far we've got:

1. Necronaut - Brother Gerhardt, Black Templars Tac Marine (or maybe Assault)

2. Mazer - ???

3. AT - ???

4. MG - ???

5. Xin - Tac/Apothecary?

6. Ikka - Tac/Devastator/Techmarine?

6. Urauloth - Space Wolf Tac?

and 7. Trokair - non Astartes (at his own risk of early death! :laugh:) Perhaps an Inquisitorial Acolyte, a DW Serf, or even a Follower/Retainer of one of the other PCs? We can work on this, but he will be a one off)

Did I miss anyone?

12 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Hmm. I have heard this before, somewhere.

Please try no to bleed so much in the waiting room. It’s discomforting to those who might survive…

33 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Now that is something I would like to see/read! :laugh:

Well,  I was waiting for an opportunity for a proper Haemonculus. Or at least a Night Lord …

Couldn't get the Flesh Tearer idea to track, there was too much work, so to hell with it.

We'll roll with Iorek Redfang, the nine feet, 1,780lbs Space Wolf Tac/Grey Hunter/Lone Wolf (he's scornful).

I'll set the google folder with permissions and links.

OK, so we've got so far:

1. Tactical Marine - Brother Gerhardt, Black Templars (Necronaut)
2. Tactical Marine - (Mazer Rackham)
3. Tactical Marine
4. Assault Marine - Brother Asterius, Black Shield (Machine God)
5. Tactical Marine or Devastator Marine
6. Tactical Marine or Apothecary
7. Tactical Marine or Techmarine

8. Inquisitorial Acolyte - (Trokair)

and if all of the above slots get filled, there are also:

9. Tactical Marine or 2nd Assault Marine
10. Tactical Marine or 2nd Devastator Marine

Keep filling up those slots, Fraters! :thumbsup:

Edited by Lysimachus

I have PM'ed the GM.

1. Tactical Marine - Brother Gerhardt, Black Templars (Necronaut)
2. Tactical Marine - Iorek Redfang, Space Wolves (Mazer Rackham)
3. Tactical Marine

4. Assault Marine - Brother Asterius, Black Shield (Machine God)

5. Tactical Marine or Devastator Marine
6. Tactical Marine or Apothecary
7. Tactical Marine or Techmarine

8. Inquisitorial Acolyte - (Trokair)

I am seriously tempted to do an Apothecary… even if I see the danger of suffering seizures while getting a grip on Astarsian physiology. 
But there also is alien autopsies - hard to beat that! 

There is a serious X Files theme in that.

Just have to decide on a proper Successor Chapter. 
BA apparently make good Apothecaries - maybe it‘s time for a Charnel Guard Vivisectionist ?

Maybe With Tro‘s Char providing a suitable Renfield?!  :biggrin:

36 minutes ago, Xin Ceithan said:

I am seriously tempted to do an Apothecary

Do eeet...! :yes:

Edit: As an aside, and not with any intent to influence you from picking whatever Chapter you want, but I've often thought that a fun Chapter for doing an Apothecary might be an IH Successor*? He not only has to deal with his desire to chop off perfectly healthy bits of himself, he has to resist doing it to all his squadmates too! :laugh:

*Sons of Medusa, Red Talons or Brazen Claws are all pretty damn cool!

Again, this is just a thought, not a suggestion. As you said, BA types also make good Apothecaries... and I guess could even suffer with a whole different set of patient-harming tendencies! :laugh: :thumbsup:

Edited by Lysimachus