Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

OK, posting again so it's visible.

So we've (maybe) got so far:

1. Tactical Marine - Brother Gerhardt, Black Templars (Necronaut)
2. Tactical Marine - Mantis Warriors (Mazer Rackham)
3. Tactical Marine - Space Wolves (Urauloth)
4. Tactical Marine or Assault Marine - Brother Asterius, Black Shield (Machine God)
5. Tactical Marine or Devastator Marine - Red Scorpions (AT)
6. Tactical Marine or Apothecary - BA Successor? (Xin?)
7. Tactical Marine - Star Phantom or Death Spectre? (Ikka)

8. Inquisitorial Acolyte - (Trokair)

and if all of the above slots get filled, there are also:

9. Tactical Marine or 2nd Assault Marine (or Techmarine)
10. Tactical Marine or 2nd Devastator Marine (or Techmarine)

Keep filling up those slots, Fraters! :thumbsup:

Edited by Lysimachus

55 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

@Urauloth I know you did mention doing a SW, but if Iorek Redfang is transferred over and already ready to go, would you mind picking an alternative Chapter?

Aw shucks. Sure thing, I'll save my Space Wolf for another time.

Looking at the date, the Swords of Haldroth haven't been recognised as Blood Angel successors yet, they're still officially Ultramarine descendants who happen to be bloodthirsty berserkers - that's an interesting idea, but it also sounds like a bit of a hassle, and there's absolutely no info out there about what their heraldry etc was like before they became the Carmine Blades. I'm going to pass on that one, and go with...

Guardians of the Covenant. Still want the tctical role!

Hiya I was just about to PM you, Mazer has decided to switch to a Mantis Warrior, so the SW is still open if you want it!

Edit: Though either is good, I'd always be happy to have a Wolf and a DA (Successor) in the team, just for all the extra fun it brings! :laugh:

Edited by Lysimachus

11 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Edit: Though either is good, I'd always be happy to have a Wolf and a DA (Successor) in the team, just for all the extra fun it brings! :laugh:

Oh, God. :pirate:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

15 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

DO IT. The board demands pointless (but entertaining) ritual duelling/blood-letting! 

There seems to be an overwhelming desire for berserker type characters  and urge of general blood letting in this set up…

I’m not sure if the proposed murder mystery in question will even require leaving the Watchstation …:laugh:

Sorry for the late reply, I blame the cold. Looking at a Star Phantom or Death Spectre Tactical Marine. Will think up/fully make my decision tomorrow night when I can go through my books (will stay a Tac marine, just need to decide on chapter).

1 hour ago, Necronaut said:

DO IT. The board demands pointless (but entertaining) ritual duelling/blood-letting! 

Well, if Ikka does a Star Phantom, that might be close enough? :laugh: ...or I am I right that they don't do DA type stuff? :huh:

54 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Sorry for the late reply, I blame the cold. Looking at a Star Phantom or Death Spectre Tactical Marine. Will think up/fully make my decision tomorrow night when I can go through my books (will stay a Tac marine, just need to decide on chapter).

No worries at all! :thumbsup:

OK, so if Ikka goes Tactical, we don't have a Techmarine? That isn't a huge problem, and if we later get another player who does want to do a Techmarine, I can push Ikka's Tac down into slot 9.

Edited by Lysimachus

As promised, I've created a Drive Folder with the blank DW Template inside and shared with everyone who has selected a Chapter+Archetype.

I think I've got everyone's emails right, but if you haven't received anything, PM me?

Otherwise, feel free to make yourself a copy and start rolling your stats and armour (and let me know which table you want me to roll the Armour History on?)

If you've already got your Sheet together :whistling: then please move it over to this Folder?

:thanks:

Edited by Lysimachus

Vafri Bloodsong is almost ready, just a few last details to hammer out. (Do I need to take Carouse as a trained skill for 200xp? I feel like I should, because if it comes up and I don't have it, a Space Wolf getting drunk under the table by some non-Fenrisian would be worse than death, but I kind of want those points for an advance in Tracking or Performer... maybe the best thing is to get the skills now and worry about getting bonuses later?)

@Lysimachus I rolled Mk VI armour, could I get one history roll from the core table and one from Battle Scars?

@Machine God I'll leave it up to you to decide, though I will say we don't need you to be a Techmarine if you'd rather stay Assault, as Tro's Acolyte has good Int and has taken Tech-Use Skill - she'll be like Mr Holger... but probably a nicer person... :laugh:

@Urauloth Of course, let's see...

Core: Roll=10, giving you a choice of 9, 10, or you can wrap around back up to 1

Battle Scars: Roll=3, giving you a choice of 1/2, 3, or 4

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

Core: Roll=10, giving you a choice of 9, 10, or you can wrap around back up to 1

Nice, I'll take Cower Not Before the Enemy from core and Blood of the Enemy from battle scars, thanks. I think that's a total of -20 to Silent Move and -30 to Concealment? I'm still new to keeping track of where all the modifiers are in the book.

8 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Nice, I'll take Cower Not Before the Enemy from core and Blood of the Enemy from battle scars, thanks. I think that's a total of -20 to Silent Move and -30 to Concealment? I'm still new to keeping track of where all the modifiers are in the book.

I've been dealing with these books for years, and still miss things, so don't worry if you miss something - I missed the fact we get a Tactics Choice for free. Our generous GM reminded me last night.

You actually get -40 (total) to both Silent Move and Concealment. DW: Core, p 160.

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

@Machine God I'll leave it up to you to decide, though I will say we don't need you to be a Techmarine if you'd rather stay Assault, as Tro's Acolyte has good Int and has taken Tech-Use Skill - she'll be like Mr Holger... but probably a nicer person... :laugh:

@Urauloth Of course, let's see...

@Lysimachus - In that case I will stay as an Assault Marine then.

I rolled a 10 for Armour so I'll choose Mk V and you can roll Armour History's from any table.

I rolled up a MK VI

- which means I’ll probably have to brave the new GW Website soon when those new FW Apothecaries show up :laugh:

For history, I think that’s two? One from the core and I thought either “Legends of War” or “ Skill of the Artificer” might be fitting? (GM’s call) 

If we go with the Charnel Guard (which is my first choice, though the Space Sharks keep snapping up from the dark ) - are these allowed to be Sanguinary Priests (which is the first 500 XP ) and what Chapter Traits would they use?

Superb, I've got to go do some actual work now, but I'll sort out those Armour History rolls later today.

As a side point, MG is looking for a copy of HtC. Does anyone know where he could purchase :whistling: a copy?

I've got a pdf, but I can't honestly remember where I downloaded it from... :facepalm:

Edit: As another side point, would you believe that out of six players' Armour rolled so far we got 3 Mk6, and 3 rolls of 10 (letting people decide which they wanted to take). I had thought that by making it 1-5 on the d10, we'd get at least a few Mk7, bu it seems the dice wanted to give us something of an old school 1980's RT feel to this game! Beakies for the win!!!  :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by Lysimachus

54 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

I've been dealing with these books for years, and still miss things, so don't worry if you miss something - I missed the fact we get a Tactics Choice for free. Our generous GM reminded me last night.

You actually get -40 (total) to both Silent Move and Concealment. DW: Core, p 160.

Thanks!
Ooh, that's a grand total of 8 in both. Definitely no skulking in the shadows here.

I've moved my sheet over, but it's probably got a few mistakes in it still - if I need to fix anything, please shout, and I *ahem* will be sure to correct it.

15 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

As a side point, MG is looking for a copy of HtC. Does anyone know where he could purchase :whistling: a copy?

I've got a pdf, but I can't honestly remember where I downloaded it from... :facepalm:

Don't actually know were they are even sold these days, but I got mine (and a bunch of others DW books) from a Humble Bundle sale.  So if you are after one to buy keep an eye on Humble Bundle, I think in the book section. 

45 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Thanks!
Ooh, that's a grand total of 8 in both. Definitely no skulking in the shadows here.

Behold! THE VLKA DISTRACTUS! :biggrin:

45 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

I *ahem* will be sure to correct it.

Nice touch.

@Urauloth As per the errata, Space Wolves also get the Counter-Attack Talent.

Edited by Mazer Rackham