Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

53 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

@Mazer Rackham it was not a criticism, rest assured. You made the right call; I was dithering. 

I know mate. No worries. :cool:

On the Bolter Assault, boys, I'd highly recommend making like Major Charles Upham VC & Bar, around whom, no bag of hand grenades was safe...clear out them hordes with clouds of shrapnel and blast Gobby's nipples of with Krakers! :pirate:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

@Lysimachus I like how Grubgob's pirate hat provided AV8 to his head. Was it perchance made from fabric stretched over a space marine armour pauldron or a bit of his ship that he tore our and hammered into shape? Alternatively were either of the aforementioned hard and durable objects instead surgically installed as a sub-dermal implant in his head? Inquiring minds wish to know. 

5 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

@Lysimachus I like how Grubgob's pirate hat provided AV8 to his head. Was it perchance made from fabric stretched over a space marine armour pauldron or a bit of his ship that he tore our and hammered into shape?

Well the krak missile is a 'blast' weapon, so a regular flak hat would grant AV5 for starters. An Iron Gob would get him all the way up to 7 so either of the two being 'good' quality would get him there without even needing to pick up a metal skull... :p

Inquiring minds also wish to know who this runt is, that Gobby keeps...gobbing about.

Could it by any chance be our wonderfully cryptic Inquisitor? Who completely hasn't obviously entered a deal with these Ork mercenaries to do 'stuff' and paid them off by luring them into this fortified world as a trap to silence them and clean up the inconvenient mess he had absolutely nothing to do with, would it?

Would it? @Trokair?

Need a Perception Test on the glyphs asap.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

9 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

@Lysimachus I like how Grubgob's pirate hat provided AV8 to his head. Was it perchance made from fabric stretched over a space marine armour pauldron or a bit of his ship that he tore our and hammered into shape? Alternatively were either of the aforementioned hard and durable objects instead surgically installed as a sub-dermal implant in his head? Inquiring minds wish to know. 

Either of those could be true. Or it could be that it was his 'lucky' hat that he and his men believed protected his head better than any helmet... and so it did!

4 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

@Trokair Yep, it's a bit complex...

LS Tactical Speed is 30m, so for a Ram you must do at least that. If you do 60m or more, then you get the extra Damage. 'Floor It' shows it is possible to do more than 2xTS, but it isn't a huge amount more. You also can't turn at all, it has to be in a straight line?

I'm assuming you are thinking about ramming Grubgob, so hitting him will do Damage back to your ride? (Not much point in ramming the Hordes, as it will only do 1 Hit and 1 Mag Dam regardless of how much Damage is rolled!)

Well I was actually thinking of ramming the horde (possibly with a stylistic sideways drift at last the moment so they get hit by a wider front). I know that it would only do 1 mag of difference, but I was hoping it would scatter/push/throw a lot of the Orks aside to clear some space in vicinity of Asterius and Gerhardt to make the recovery easier.

That however is now moot I guess, so ram the big lad may indeed be on the cards.

That said, based on the 10 x 10m grids and a little approx Pythagoras I think both the boss and the orks are about 70m to 75m away. So I was trying to understand if a Ram action would get me there, or if I had to floor it (which would hopefully get me there but without impact) or more tactical or evasive manoeuvre this turn for a ram next or some such.

37 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Would it? @Trokair?

I cannot say. ...  

As for the Perception test on the glyphs, Alda has tried one already, happy to have another go at it once things are a little less ... hectic.

8 minutes ago, Trokair said:

That however is now moot I guess, so ram the big lad may indeed be on the cards.

You do have a 30mm one-use grenade launcher, bud - with a good SAB, you could land 15 Hits on one of those Hordes with 3 x Frag Grenades....

On the Glyphs, I'll have a try on Forbidden Lore: Xenos.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

15 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

You do have a 30mm one-use grenade launcher, bud - with a good SAB, you could land 15 Hits on one of those Hordes with 3 x Frag Grenades....

I do? did I miss something on the speeder profile? 

Edit: ah, not blind now

Driver-operated Cerberus Launcher (Facing Front, 30m, –/3/–, may fire Frag, Blind, or Stun grenades...)

15 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Maybe if we put our heads together we can work it out together. 

Edited by Trokair

Hmm, good point about the 70/75ish m. Maybe it would be worth a 10/15m move and a Blast from the launcher in this Round, which would set you up for a 60m Ram next Round?

If you'd prefer to hit one of the mobs, I think we could House Rule something? It does seem a bit daft that it would only do 1 Mag Dam...

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Inquiring minds also wish to know who this runt is, that Gobby keeps...gobbing about.

Could it by any chance be our wonderfully cryptic Inquisitor? Who completely hasn't obviously entered a deal with these Ork mercenaries to do 'stuff' and paid them off by luring them into this fortified world as a trap to silence them and clean up the inconvenient mess he had absolutely nothing to do with, would it?

Would it? @Trokair?

Inquiring minds want to know about an Inquisitor - did anyone hear the word Heresy?

Maybe its a rogue Witch-Hunter that gets Xenos to do his dirty work. Maybe he's heard the name of the planet and knows that fourth letter of the of the alphabet is D?

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

Either of those could be true. Or it could be that it was his 'lucky' hat that he and his men believed protected his head better than any helmet... and so it did!

Was it a Blue hat?

Edited by Machine God
typo

31 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Maybe if we put our heads together we can work it out together. 

My Admiral Ackbar Detector is blinking.

4 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

I had thought that the "sneaky git" wearing Inquisition/Deathwatch livery who had lured Grubgob here was Watch-Captain Skaayn, based upon the provided context clues.

I agree.

We kill them both. Can never be too sure. 

Edited by Mazer Rackham

4 hours ago, Necronaut said:

@Urauloth just FYI, Váfri will need to convert 1 FP into 1 point of cohesion on his turn if you would like to call a Bolter Assault or Furious Charge (either of which I would heartily recommend).

Don't we also need a cohesion point left to stay in Squad Mode though? We only have 2 and BA costs 3.

13 hours ago, Trokair said:

I cannot say. ...  

As for the Perception test on the glyphs, Alda has tried one already, happy to have another go at it once things are a little less ... hectic.

13 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

As this is the OOC Thread I correlated the glyphs with Lexicanum.

The four glyphs make up his name. The first two have been said over and over in IC. All four names were said in the Brief from Skaayn in Scene 3.

Grub: Cunning, find, dig, hide.

Gob: Mouth, eat, drink, speak out of turn.

Warp: Space.

Zagga

Zag: Lightning, movement, fast strike.

So he is a Cunning Fast Space Kaptain that will Eat you and Shout at you!

Edited by Machine God
Clarity

Nicely done! Yeah, at this point I don't think it hurts to just say that the glyphs were just IDing Grubgob himself. The Klan icon is just a mix of Deathskull and Freebootas badges, which is what the Orks are?

And regarding Grubgob's shouting, while I've got no objection to leading you on all sorts of false trails (it is a murder mystery, after all!) in the spirit of fair play I should clarify that Grubgob was looking at the Ordo Xenos Icon on your shoulders rather than the DW Livery as a whole - so he could still be referring to Skaayn, but equally could be referring to Kine, Aykawa, Alda, or for that matter, any of thousands of Ordo staff you've not encountered yet?