Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

Posted (edited)

Hmm, that does seem pretty clear cut... I think? Like in 40k you can't target an IC that is attached to a Squad? Unless anyone can give a better understanding of if that wording means something else?

@A.T. I guess if you want to Hit a Flash Git, it can be B, C, or D, and you could pass any Hits you want onto their attendant Rigger? Or you can target Boyz 1, but it will only Hit the Horde itself, not Git A?

Edited by Lysimachus

Right, sorry for delay there, we are up to Amaras.

I'll message Xin and see if he's around to take part, or if he wants me to autopilot for the fighty bits. If so, I'll update through the Boyz mobs and then Zidemi can finish off Round 1!

23 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

@Lysimachus Gerhardt rolled a 100 for his dodge roll. I'm not even going to dignify such crippling failure with a post in the IC thread.

:biggrin:

++I an't got time to bleed++

(Don't wish to double post).

@Lysimachus - 

x] Flash Git E: SAB at Gerhardt
BS35 +10(Short Range) +10(SAB) = 55, Roll: 12, Hit with 4DoS. 2 Hits on (12=21) Left Arm

I guess that because Gerhardt is surrounded by Grots the Flash Git isn't hindered by the Firing Into Melee Combat modifier:biggrin:

Edited by Machine God
They'r just Grots!

D'oh! Forgot to add that on. Thankfully it just puts it down from 4DoS to 2DoS, which doesn't change anything because the max ROF was 2 Hits anyway. :sweat:

But yep, the bit about the Grots is good thinking too! :biggrin:

Can I just confirm the following:

• We auto-pass tests with Righteous Fury against aliens, as per our Deathwatch Training talent?
  • Righteous Fury is an extra d10 damage to the attack, as per Errata 1.1? (Not an additional attack as per the CRB)

There is some inconsistency with the rolls so far.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Mike Zulu said:

We auto-pass tests with Righteous Fury against aliens

Quite right (I actually forgot about that and rolled the extra BS test to see if it confirmed for Amaras' Grenade, have now edited that out!)

Righteous Fury is an extra d10 damage to the attack, as per Errata 1.1? (Not an additional attack as per the CRB)

Yep. :thumbsup:

There is some inconsistency with the rolls so far.

Oops, did I miss someone rolling it as an extra attack?

Side point, I'm slightly relieved Zidemi did what he was told instead of just shooting Grubgob... he'd already used his Dodge this Round and that Armourbane+RF total would have taken a sizeable chunk off his Wounds! :sweat:

Edited by Lysimachus

That's a good point, I hadn't actually changed the map yet (working on it now) and I wasn't thinking how far he'd moved. :thanks:

Even so, for future Rounds, you might be able to see enough to get a shot off, just because Grubgob is pretty big and I think the rock you guys are on is probably a little bit above the level of the water?

Anyway, will try to get Round 2 pic and table sorted and posted up at some point this evening.

28 minutes ago, Mike Zulu said:

Oh… does that grey circle/booster not block LoS? Otherwise I would have actually considered targeting the boss. He did move 30m south down behind it too.

I think that we were on a bit of a slope and it was a Grenade attack.

Some nice poetic license from the GM too. Joining Squad for a Charge and then Throwing a Grenade at Grubgob in his normal action. 

Sometimes it is not great to question the GM. 

BTW - The Devastator did 45 wounds of damage to the Flash Git, but it does not tell us how many wounds they have. 

Edited by Machine God
Worked out the Apothecary's attacks

@Mike Zulu Gerhardt scored a couple of RF rolls against the grot horde, but I couldn't be bothered to roll the extra damage because it makes zero difference against a horde when using a power sword coupled with the brute strength of an Astartes. I think essentially every hit would have auto-damaged the horde.

3 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

@Mike Zulu Gerhardt scored a couple of RF rolls against the grot horde, but I couldn't be bothered to roll the extra damage because it makes zero difference against a horde when using a power sword coupled with the brute strength of an Astartes. I think essentially every hit would have auto-damaged the horde.

Asterius roll a couple too.

@Lysimachus - Please tell me that you rolled 25:

WS40 +10(Charge) = 50, Roll: 29, Hit on (25=52) Body

As 29 = 92 which is Right Leg and Asterius would take another Wound.

Posted (edited)

:blink:

I've no idea how I did that, and no clue now which number I actually rolled for that roll... :ermm:

Sincere apologies mate, in the interests of fair play we'll assume it hit whichever Location would cause less Damage to Asterius. Edit: now fixed in the IC thread.

Edited by Lysimachus

See these Orks aren't stupid, even Grubgob is hiding in a Horde now!

@Lysimachus - GM. As Asterius and Gerhardt are locked in Melee Combat are they able to do Squad Mode actions?

Can Asterius call another Furious Charge against the Boyz Horde?

Edited by Machine God
Question to the GM.

We'll assume Grubgob can be spotted trying to keep his head down... :laugh:

Seriously though, he is about the size of a Dreadnought, so can't hide in a Horde (and you all have my permission to come and throw hardback copies of the crb at me if I ever try to claim that he can! :biggrin:)

As to Squad Mode, you can't Charge against a unit you are already in combat with.

I suppose if you did a Disengage Action as your main Action, then you would be free to declare a Furious Charge? Not sure if that is worth it or not?

Or instead of Disengage, you could just do a Half Move away, lob a Grenade back into them as a Half Action, and then do the Furious Charge back in... but in that case the Boyz would get to make a free Hit against you as you left combat?

The other alternative might be to let the other half of the squad use a different Squad Mode in this Round, eg Bolter Assault? (Omoc and Amaras were both in Squad Mode, at least, and possibly Moridyn and Zidemi were too?)

Posted (edited)

@Machine God Ok, as Mazer would say, it's big boy trousers time. Are you sure that's what you want to do?

Regroup allows you to move, but it doesn't (as far as I can see) count as a Disengage Action, so the Boyz Horde will get a free attack as you move away? Edit: to be fair, they might well miss, but I just want to be clear that they can still try?

Edited by Lysimachus

2 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

@Machine God Ok, as Mazer would say, it's big boy trousers time. Are you sure that's what you want to do?

Regroup allows you to move, but it doesn't (as far as I can see) count as a Disengage Action, so the Boyz Horde will get a free attack as you move away?

Asterius is a Blackshield, from a chapter of Berserker Nutcases inspired by the oratory of a Black Templar.

Cast the dice where they fall. Heroes are forged in Battle.

Let the Boyz try to bring him down. 

Asterius has a date with destiny!

12 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Asterius is a Blackshield, from a chapter of Berserker Nutcases inspired by the oratory of a Black Templar.

Cast the dice where they fall. Heroes are forged in Battle.

Let the Boyz try to bring him down. 

Asterius has a date with destiny!

concern-concern-meme.gif

Posted (edited)

I'll roll for Opportunity Attack and Grubgob's Dodge or Parry in a bit, but can I make a small suggestion?

You both had sufficient Charge distance to just leave combat and go after Grubgob? Using the Regroup Squad Action didn't do anything, except use up 2 Cohesion and the 1 Squad Action you were allowed for Round 2, which seems a bit unfair to the others?

If you like, I will let you take that bit back, so the others can possibly do a bit more damage to the Hordes (with Bolter Assault + Frags, would be my suggestion, but that's up to you!). Though I wouldn't advise Kraks at Grubgob, not now he's in CC with two of the team... :facepalm::laugh:

Edit: and should we assume Gerhardt sent the call to Alda to do a strafing run next Round?

Edited by Lysimachus

Posted (edited)

Yep, no worries, changed in the Round 2 Status. :thumbsup:

@Lord_Ikka

It's only Moridyn I'm not sure whether he joined or not?

Edited by Lysimachus

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

I'll roll for Opportunity Attack and Grubgob's Dodge or Parry in a bit, but can I make a small suggestion?

You both had sufficient Charge distance to just leave combat and go after Grubgob? Using the Regroup Squad Action didn't do anything, except use up 2 Cohesion and the 1 Squad Action you were allowed for Round 2, which seems a bit unfair to the others?

If you like, I will let you take that bit back, so the others can possibly do a bit more damage to the Hordes (with Bolter Assault + Frags, would be my suggestion, but that's up to you!). Though I wouldn't advise Kraks at Grubgob, not now he's in CC with two of the team... :facepalm::laugh:

Edit: and should we assume Gerhardt sent the call to Alda to do a strafing run next Round?

@Lysimachus - Thank you for the offer.

I will edit my post to remove the Regroup (Although if Gerhardt stays with the same action then some other character will have to Challenge Cohesion to initiate a new Squad Mode).

Just as long as nothing else changes: Boyz attack and miss Asterius, Grubgob doesn't dodge Asterius' hit.