Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

Posted (edited)

Thanks gents, there is was scouring the Squad Mode section, the Leader section, the Squad Mode bit in RoB...

I don't quite know how I missed it in Tac Marine section! :rolleyes:

And blimey... a Tac Marine BT Leader is a powerful force multipler! :cool:

Edited by Lysimachus

@Machine God I deliberately left it off as the charge occurred during the previous turn and there were some actions taken between Gerhardt and Grubgob in the interim. I'm fine with just treating the charge move as a tactical maneuver, but I will leave that up to our intrepid GM to pass judgement. If Gerhardt should benefit from the previous charge (even though technically the next action he took was to activate his Squad Mode ability, which should negate the benefits of charging if I'm interpreting the RAW correctly), then I will happily amend my post.

Oh and thanks for reminding me -- I'll update my rolls with hit locations. 

Posted (edited)

I'm not 100% so someone may be able to correct me, but I think the 2 paragraphs relate to 2 different things.

1st para - servo-arm as a tool, use the Str Bonus if making Str related tests, etc

2nd para - as a weapon, in which case it does 2d10+14 Pen10. No extra bonus for Str, it's like NPC/Enemy weapons that already have their Str bonus included in the profile?

I think...?

Edited by Lysimachus

32 minutes ago, Machine God said:

CRB: P177 says that it has a Strength Value of 75 with Unnatural Strength (X2) which makes a SB of 15 +2 for Power Armour.

So he's missed 17 extra Damage???

Servo arms do a flat 2d10+14 damage  - no benefits from power armour, use strength, etc. Though the crushing blow does work.

That's an interesting one. In the first case it reads (to me) like the servo-arm is being used in conjunction with the techmarine's power armour giving an augmented strength bonus like if one were tightening a bolt with a spanner, since that is what a servo-arm is in effect. In the second case, when using the servo-arm as a weapon it seems like the user is relying more upon the mechadendrite's built-in hydraulic actuators and raw, destructive crushing power of the grabber claw, and as such it's not something you can directly get your weight and personal strength behind.

At least that's sort of how it looks to my eye from a mechanical perspective, assuming the designers wanted any of this remotely grounded in reality.

Edit: it looks like there's an official ruling on the matter. Please disregard my rambling musings.

Edited by Necronaut

As said above, the Servo_Arm does not use the user’s Strength bonuses.

i will also need to point out that Servo-Arms are limited to 1 attack per round. @Lysimachus will need to rule if Holy Vengeance allows me to strike multiple times with it. If not, I’m going to have to get lucky with my Combat Knife (Headshot+RF will do damage).

@Lysimachus The thing is, if I’m only permitted 1 per round regardless, I want to be able to use my Reaction to make an attack with my Servo-Arm (instead of Dodging the Warboss’ attack), then I can have a go with my Knife in my Turn fully utilising Holy Vengeance.

Otherwise, if you permit more than 1 with Holy Vengeance, I will simply Dodge and then Servo-Arm (up to 4 potentially) in my Turn.

Posted (edited)

I was umming and ahhing over this...

Technically its 1 attack with a Servo-Arm, but the chances of getting any wounds through with a combat knife are pretty small... Plus it's a damn fun/cinematic image of multi Attacks with a servo-arm!

I'm not promising to make the same decision again if it comes up, but for this fight we will say you can make extra HV attacks with the arm!

Edit: tell you what, how about we say you can use it, but because of the unwieldiness (sp?) of the weapon you can only do up to half your Ag Bonus of extra Attacks?

Edited by Lysimachus

Took a while to get round to painting, but here she is.

large.AldaFin.png.868a6ac690501910f4128d

On reflection I am not sure that the yellow inner tunic worked, possibly should have gone for a bit more purple like the inside of the long coat, or something else a bit more neutral.  Happy with the rest so calling it done.

image.png.8e98ee283aac6c7c5fdf68b1040feb6c.png

Can I get an idea of what an Elite Advance - Two-Weapon Wielder (Ballistic), for a Tac Marine would be (taking it off of the Rank 1 Assault Marine rather than having to wait for the Rank 5 Tac Advance)? Moridyn (and the Star Phantoms) is a believer in mass firepower, so shooting two weapons at once is kinda his thing.

Edited by Lord_Ikka