Horus Heresy: The Battle for Beta-Garmon

Ft. Shattered Legions and Blackshields.

W1RD5fksRBpKT2Lv.jpg

Wjq2h2L6IWxI1VdR.jpg

H4f11A2UTkrdujfK.jpg

4K0X2doP32qM6qZH.jpg

There’s still more! Legendary heroes from the campaign get all-new rules, such as Little Horus Aximand, Tybalt Marr, Shadrak Meduson, and Endryd Haar – a real treat for those who followed the events of Beta-Garmon through the Black Library series. Then there are rules for the Aethon Heavy Sentinel – revealed at the recent online preview – along with a few more treats for the Solar Auxilia.*

Edited by Lord Marshal

Hey, my guess was spot on. Thought that BA upgrade was a bit eyebrow raising.

I bet some of the volkite pistols, thunder hammers, etc. in the blackshields unit are from the melee upgrade sprue that's on the roadmap.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Just now, Joe said:

I for one welcome yet more Sons of Horus models.

It is better than any other Legion being in the same spot, to be fair. Little Horus getting a model will likely be less contentious than <insert random new character>.

Just now, WrathOfTheLion said:

It is better than any other Legion being in the same spot, to be fair. Little Horus getting a model will likely be less contentious than <insert random new character>.

Oh no, I said that without any irony; as a Sons of Horus player for twelve years we can never have enough models.

Sick, Shattered Legions and Blackshields are both really cool, and looking forward to the character models, they’ve mostly been good to great of late. 

1 minute ago, Matcap86 said:

Please give solar auxilia and blackshield transfer sheets back. 

Solar Auxilia might just end up coming in the kits, like they did with Knight houses. Given the blackshield image, I suspect they might get a new one, but not sure.

Nice to see two charismatic forces – Shattered Legions and Blackshields – get some dedicated attention. I'll cross my fingers that it means we see some more characters/releases for the Iron Hands, Raven Guard and especially the Salamanders.

While I'm more into Epic scale at the moment, I don't begrudge the 40k-scale releases. I wonder if we'll see an alternative Sanguinius model alongside this? He was the most prominent Primarch active in the field in this campaign, and would be a good excuse.

Edited by apologist

26 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Solar Auxilia might just end up coming in the kits, like they did with Knight houses. Given the blackshield image, I suspect they might get a new one, but not sure.

I haven’t seen the transfer on those Blackshields’ chests before; perhaps a new transfer sheet will be released?

edit - pauldron transfer looks new to me as well

Edited by Shovellovin

2 minutes ago, Shovellovin said:

I haven’t seen the transfer on those Blackshields’ chests before; perhaps a new transfer sheet will be released?

edit - pauldron transfer looks new to me as well

Yeah, I haven't seen those either, so that's what I'm thinking.

48 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Hey, my guess was spot on. Thought that BA upgrade was a bit eyebrow raising.

I bet some of the volkite pistols, thunder hammers, etc. in the blackshields unit are from the melee upgrade sprue that's on the roadmap.

I was wondering the same...

We are getting Blackshields a little sooner than expected. I expect to see some of the old art return and I hope they'll retain some of the interesting options Blackshields have like the Xenos Deathlocks, Pariah equipment and weapons usually used by mortal troops.

I'm happy that blackshields are becoming playable again after...close to 2 years on ice, though I'm also concerned with the options getting gutted after what happened to daemons.

I'm also a bit worried about shattered legions. Back in 2016, the leaks made them sound like they'd break the game until the campaign/narrative only line was discovered. Hoping they'll stay in that area, because they've fumbled the rules ball so often in this edition; either they'll be junk like the corrupted EC, or be dreadnought tier if allowed in standard.

Also lmao on the delay to the already delayed expansion.