Horus Heresy: The Battle for Beta-Garmon

6 minutes ago, Nova-V said:

I noticed in the article they mention three flavours of Sentinel.  I can only remember them revealing two the Aethon heavy and Hermes light, am I missing one?

Theres 2 builds for the Hermes, one is a bit more armoured and has a Veletari pilot. 
edit: the heavier one is the Incursus pattern. 

Edited by Fire Golem

3 minutes ago, Nova-V said:

I noticed in the article they mention three flavours of Sentinel.  I can only remember them revealing two the Aethon heavy and Hermes light, am I missing one?

There's two types of Hermes: the 'uparmoured' Veletarii and the normal one, which is probably what they're referring to.

XHvWhXPpC6DXqmCS.jpgqisMBjhhZeZ8SMAq.jpg

On 1/25/2024 at 3:06 PM, Matcap86 said:

Please give solar auxilia and blackshield transfer sheets back. 

Huzzah! Apparently they listen to me at GW HQ. Now to think real hard about a custodes battle box for Legions Imperialis...

Edit with price: 45 euro (and available from FLGS!)

Edited by Matcap86

9 minutes ago, ISBEAR said:

Any content of this book showed up yet? Only SN has teased a battlereport with shattered legions as I know of

Any reviews or previews will go up at about 10am GMT on Saturday when the book goes up for preorder. 

18 minutes ago, ISBEAR said:

Kinda courius about the command squad, and how long we will have to wait for that box. That inclusion is a pleasant surprise 

What command squad

A Line Command Squad has been such a long time coming. Hopefully this will encourage people to not take praetors in every game. Maybe Centurions will get Rites and Optaes are like the Stormwing Centurions. 

edit: just saw the leaked command squad rules and they are pretty cool. Regular power armor and special weapons/power weapons but no jump packs/bikes/boarding shields

Edited by Marshal Rohr

A Roman Optio were like Lieutenants who were charged with ensuring the Centurion's orders were carried out. So akin to lieutenants or perhaps an Executive Officer?:

An optio was stationed at the rear of the ranks to keep the troops in order. Their duties would include enforcing the orders of the centurion, taking over the centurion's command in battle should the need arise, supervising his subordinates, and a variety of administrative duties.