Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Definitely a huge glow-up on the ol' stumpies. And it's going to be interesting watching the way the community responds to these overall.

 

Definitely looking forward to later waves, even as someone who doesn't collect Custodes. 

6 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Much better way to handle the retcon explanation than the spiteful Twitter comment from the official warhammer account from the last time.

I don't know, I'm not really feeling it. The tanks and the dreadnoughts are nice but I just don't feel it with the infantry.

 

The old ones were far from perfect but feel more imposing to me. That's not to say some parts haven't improved but I was looking forward to this release but not so much now.

3 minutes ago, siegfriedfr said:

Much better way to handle the retcon explanation than the spiteful Twitter comment from the official warhammer account from the last time.

Unfortunately, too little and way too late for many. 

1 hour ago, Borbarad said:

Those infantry models are a massive step back. Ridiculous.

 

The vehicles are fire though!

^^ This, I think the proportions just look “Off” the only ones I think look great are the Venatari, Tanks and Dreads 

 

Edited by WARMASTER_
Grammar
16 minutes ago, siegfriedfr said:

Much better way to handle the retcon explanation than the spiteful Twitter comment from the official warhammer account from the last time.

I dont understand why they couldn’t just do a real world post explaining that they’ve decided on the change, The HH writers [Specifically ADB] asked if they could make some Custodes female as they’re not bound my Gene seed and can thus be Male/Female [Much like the Assassins] and GW said no as they’re not represented in the miniature range

 

Personally I don’t care either way it’s the only faction you can really justify the change in given they’re just gene engineered, I also see the argument that if the Sisters of silence were done better that you wouldn’t need the change as they’re supposed to be a singular fighting force under the Emperor and tradition states Custodes Male + Sisters Female or so on 

 

But I think what most fans want isn’t just a hand wave “It’s also been the case” rather than communicating to us like adults, the community is going to think what it thinks either way you may as well treat us with respect 

Edited by WARMASTER_

I think the only bit - other than the weird bald head/mohawk thing - that I would want to change is the lower leg armour. The current kit has sculpted detail. This one reminds me far too much of the horrific Inquisitor Coteaz redo.

 

Not bad if that's my only complaint, I guess.

I like the slimmer proportions. I think these could have been better painted however. A bit more silver here and there, perhaps. 
 

Also this made me chuckle.

IMG_0022.jpeg

Just now, Scribe said:

 

Yes, they retconned this some time ago, and have now with the first range update, included female heads, and slimmed the body.

I dont know if the slimmed body is specifically because of

 

the new Cataphractii are all male and had the same slimming down. I think its just going to be this way going forwards

1 minute ago, darkhorse0607 said:

I dont know if the slimmed body is specifically because of

 

the new Cataphractii are all male and had the same slimming down. I think its just going to be this way going forwards

 

I dont know, the Custode range had a lot of weird scale going on throughout, to be fair I didnt have the FW kits, not even in comparison to the rest of the game. Now its even more off?

 

Either way, for those who like this new look, great. I was hoping for something more dynamic/aggressive. Like the Blade Champion.

That last line in the post made me laugh. 
 

I think these are actually closer to a lot of the art for them where they weren’t just golden space marines - which is more or less what the current range look like. The slightly slimmer build really sets them apart, but they’re still massive. I’d have liked to see them by a marine though, the heresy range is generally a bit smaller and more “true” scale than 40K in terms of proportions. 

2 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Either way, for those who like this new look, great. I was hoping for something more dynamic/aggressive. Like the Blade Champion.


I think this is fair though, a unit that looked  like they were charging might have been real nice

3 minutes ago, Scribe said:

 

I dont know, the Custode range had a lot of weird scale going on throughout, to be fair I didnt have the FW kits, not even in comparison to the rest of the game. Now its even more off?

 

Either way, for those who like this new look, great. I was hoping for something more dynamic/aggressive. Like the Blade Champion.

I'm of two minds. I love the hulking and scary bodies of the old ones, but these new ones have amazing proportions that make me want to scrap my current projector Stormcastodes and start anew. 

The "Your questions answered peice" is a bit lame. As in, it doesn't answer any major questions and the response in the article probably should have come out at the time of the retcon. 

 

The actual questions I want answering are things like "are these custodian guard replacing the 40k ones, or are they are stand in until 40k versions get an update" etc.

 

The models look awesome though. Feel much more like the artwork to me. Cant wait to see what the Terminators will look like.

Edited by Subtleknife
7 minutes ago, Scribe said:

Either way, for those who like this new look, great. I was hoping for something more dynamic/aggressive. Like the Blade Champion.

 

That's fair, I can understand that criticism, I like the stoic poses because it reminds me of the Adrian Smith art, but I get wanting more dynamic poses

 

I prefer the older greaves, it feels a little weird to have all that detail up top and then plain legs, but I do think they're solid overall 

 

They should've done a size comparison with the old ones though rather than a solar aux though

Edited by darkhorse0607

I like them. Sucks that I already bought like 15 of the old models but maybe I just make these the elite units and keep the old chonky ones as line troops?

Plastic vehicles, on the other hand, are fantastic and well done.

16 minutes ago, Scribe said:

 

Strange article, that could have been summed up as 'yeah, its a retcon'.

I think that giving a very firm no to female Space Marines was 95% of the reasoning behind the article.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.