Word Bearers

kikkala

Very nice work on the Rhino Kik! :D I'm quite liking the eyes instead of normal lights as well, definitely a very interesting and unique effect.

Looking forward to seeing more angles of the Rhino, i'm already liking the free hand work you've done on the tank, looks great!

@Tiriel

Thanks ;) , I didn't add any chaosy chains or trophy track as, well to be honest, I find paintin' them very difficult! :HQ: And they break off very easily while transporting the model.

@TAS

Thanks man ^_^ , I hope that the other freehands are as good as the previous ones...

More pics as promised:

gallery_25055_1634_66444.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_410377.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_346321.jpg

Though I'm not totally sold on the parchment-like freehands, all the other ones are pretty damn good!

Unfortunately, you took close-pics of all of them, except the one I truly wanted to see: the one on the left door xDD

This one seems very good, but I can't see it fully!

I should've had a picture of the freehand couple of pages back on this thread ^_^, but here you go:

gallery_25055_1634_263887.jpg

Hmm, washin' gives some sort of "skin" that reflects the light, like a matt coat :HQ: .

I really like the "clean" look of your rhino. I personally am now having the same problem- i went spike crazy when i first built the darn thing, and now i am REALLY regretting all them spikes... :rolleyes:

But otherwise i really think that you did a great job on the rhino! a wash heavy scheme like yours does not bode well for a flat surfaced model but you have managed to make it work fantastically!

Keep those pictures coming, Your constant (and awesome) progress makes me want to paint my models. ^_^

-steven

Rhino finished, oh lord how I hated paintin' it:

gallery_25055_1634_294994.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean, I have a dislike about painting tanks too... B)

Anyway, it looks great, as does the whole army, well done! :) I especially like the eyes on the lights, nice touch B) - one I might have to *yoink!* ;) :D

@TAS & Tiriel

@Broodlord Steven

Ah, someone having same ideals as I do :lol: . Glad that you like the paintjob, even I don't like it that much... it took over half of the pot to wash whole model, I need to do quick visit to shop :P .

@firestorm40k

Thanks mate. Paintin' one tank might have been tiresome, but I still need to scratchbuild & paint 2 more rhinos... imagine all the fun :lol: .

Well nothing to update at this point. Dreadnought is in paint removal bin, and I won't be picking him up until saturday :o (poor oldy dreddy has collected so many layers of paint over the years), and obliterator I was planning to paint next has been delayed, 'cause I have mislocated his front torso somewhere. Maybe green stuffing some areas of him is next possible thing to do, we'll see.

Oh my... a week without anything related to WB, how in warp did I manage?

During last week I painted my entry for Assault on Black Reach contest, cleaned dreaddie from all the filth, and unfortunately I didn't still find oblits chest :wallbash: .

Dreaddie progress:

gallery_25055_1634_310007.jpg

It is was a real trick to build a stand for dreaddie to take a pic :) .

Everyone who has this particular dreadnought model knows how god damn stactic models legs are, so next in to-do list is chop, chop, chop, attach and chop even more.

Oh my... a week without anything related to WB, how in warp did I manage?

During last week I painted my entry for Assault on Black Reach contest, cleaned dreaddie from all the filth, and unfortunately I didn't still find oblits chest :P .

Dreaddie progress:

gallery_25055_1634_310007.jpg

It is was a real trick to build a stand for dreaddie to take a pic :rolleyes: .

Everyone who has this particular dreadnought model knows how god damn stactic models legs are, so next in to-do list is chop, chop, chop, attach and chop even more.

"chop, chop, chop, attach and chop even more."

Now that's my most favorite line ever ;)

TDA

@TDA

Glad ya like it ;) .

@TiJ

He wasn't happy as he knew that I was going to mutilate his legs :) .

Everyone has seen a dread, right? But has anyone seen a tiptoeing Dreadnought o' DOOM?

gallery_25055_1634_287919.jpg

Legs ain't finished yet ;) .

@TDA & wiplash

Hehe, thanks :P.

@arbogast1

Where indeed ;) .

@TAS

Thanks mate, but remember there's pretty much chances that I'll screw up :lol: .

Little progress tonight, started working on the arms by sawing furiosos patterns arms to pieces and shaving all imperial iconocraphy, and continued working on legs with green stuff work and fixing the section where the torso will be attached.

gallery_25055_1634_11243.jpg

gallery_25055_1634_313264.jpg

Body ain't yet attached, so I can adjust it with the arms (when they're finished) for its final position.

Can't believe I'm only just seeing this thread. These minis look fabulous. I'm currently working on a WB army with a very similar process used for painting reds and metallics. I only wish they looked as crisp and vibrant as these. Great work!

@Megalodon

Thanks mate, I'll give him another close combat arm, the more choppier, the merrier ;) .

@docbp87

Thanks ^_^ , if you're curious how I paint my WB, check my tutorial (shameless advertisement :devil: )

Archived