Iron Hands.... of irony

kikkala

@jay79

Thanks mate, glad you like it. :)

@Asmodeus' Swordhand

Thanks, in my opinion scratchbuilding instructions should contain step-by-step pictures.

@Brother Caedrius

Well, I haven't used anything to support the structures, the super-glue seems to be keeping them together fine by itself. Though I used some cardboard to support the second parts side-pieces together, if the track-section wouldn't be enough to keep it in one piece. You've awakened my interest for the strenghtening the pieces, the sprue you mentioned is cheap option indeed, but the sprue isn't rectangular, it is possible to sand it to more rectangular shape, though it's rather irritating thing to do.

@Shortsonfire79

Hehe, thanks mate :).

@TAS

I'm starting to lean for the latter... ;). I'm thinking to tear apart the two first pieces and build them again, better than last time.

My god, I'm so behind schedule (even though I don't have schedule, but hey it's motivator enough :D). Hastily I started the 3rd terminator.

gallery_25055_1634_205381.jpg

And I'll start 4th terminator body tomorrow, and both 3rds and 4ths arms by friday. So I can start painting them on the weekend, and start with terminator sergeant and maybe start chopping up that dreadnought... :P

Termies are looking sweet, Kik! I was tempted to do something similar (inspired by the same illustration, no doubt!) but chickened out because the models were just so darned expensive.

However, I recently came into some extra Terminator bits on the cheap that I think I'll have to take a stab at a similar conversion with.

Thanks for the inspiration. ;)

@Captain Mick

@bannus

Thanks mate, what illustration are you talking about, the one in IA?

@TAS

Thanks buddy :). Too late for cover stories ;).

As promised, 4th terminator. Tomorrows plan: arms for both.

gallery_25055_1634_118094.jpg

:P

I feel so inferior. Those Terminators are too cool.

Iron Hands are really neat. Just so much conversion potential. And you, sir, take all that potential to the max, and we end up with this thread! Seriously.

Just by having some guitar wire glued to its hacked off leg, a Terminator can double its coolitude.

Keep it up!!!

could u send me the pics when ur done with your rhino and drop pod as i'm trying to do the same thing

i think ur stern guard are great (i think i'll steal the idea's of how to do mine from u if thats allright :sweat:)

i have looked at ur whole army and by the way what did u use for that conversion beam?

Master Gladious :HQ:

:HQ: the sign of officalness

@Ompfris

Thanks mate, I hope that I actually finish the rhino :P.

@bluewolf74727

@bannus

Oh yes, well, it's been long time when I saw it. The illustration would be good referance for next conversions :P.

@Brother Captain Andrecus

Hehe, thanks mate :D.Don't feel like that, practicing takes you far away. You need lots of patience too :).

@Master Gladios

Sure, be my quest :). By the looks of the progress, the rhino or drop pod ain't ready no time soon. But you can see them finished in this thread. The Conv. beamer has parts from: defiler close combat arm, predator lascannon turret, and some wire.

Damn it. I was supposed to finish both pairs of arms by today. They are 80% done.

gallery_25055_1634_34618.jpg

thx for letting me use the idea's sir * bows*

i was also wondering what bolters did u use on the 2nd and 3rd sternguards (the one kneeling)

Damn shame about those pods and rhinos tho :mellow:

oh well... and by the way SLOW DOWN it is making most of us, Especially me look really, really, really, bad :P

also when is ur torde and where is it??

Master Gladious :HQ:

:HQ: the sign of officalness

@S.O.N.

Haha, warthog ;). Thanks mate. They look little rushed, I hope little sanding helps that :).

@Asmodeus' Swordhand

Thanks, step-by-step pics of thunder axes?

@Master Gladious

The bolters are storm bolter/combi-bolter from vehicle sprue. Tournament is 22nd-23rd feb. Location finland ;).

@TAS, Captain Mick & -Morkar-

Thank you :).

Yeah, termies are done, expect nitpicking of course.

gallery_25055_1634_327687.jpg

If I manage, I'll update tonight, with painted models :).

I love the amount of custom work you've done, tis amazing...

I know this has probably been asked a million times, but do you have a tutorial for your painting blue? I'd love to recreate some of the effect if I ever decide to dust off and repaint my inherited Librarian.

@Asmodeus' Swordhand

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not qualified to instruct anybody with scratchbuilding as it's rather new thing to me, I'm still learning how to do it :P.

@Yue

Thanks mate :). Hmm, there might be little blue tutorial on the BIG IH tutorial. Maybe on eye section there. If there ain't blue tutorial, here's quick one: Basecoat with Ice Blue, next layer with 50/50 Ice Blue and white, and final highlight with little bit watered white. Wash with Asurmen Blue if necessary.

@TAS

Thanks bud :).

And finally Terminator Squad is done. I hope that I never have to scratchbuild Thunder hammers in a long time :P .

gallery_25055_1634_420387.jpg

Seriously, it was fun project.

On to next project! After slack-off monday, that is ;).

Archived