Raz's Word Bearers - Hell Follows With Them

RazakelXIII

I was liking it up until the blood and gore. Graphic gore isn't my thing, although a lot of people will disagree.

(Although there's a conversion you can do with the power fist from the CSM sprue that I saw years ago where the champion is lifting a hapless guardsman off his feet and getting ready to crush him. That'd probably finish off the set real good)

New record for quickest update ;)

EDIT: Just went through this log again, haven't seen any background fluff on which Host they are, so it's slightly difficult to include them without anything to go on :(

That said, if you'd rather stick to the modelling side and have no fluff whatsoever that'd be more than fine too :)

for dioramas how 'bout a marine beating a gaurdsman to death with the helpless victims own leg

really enjoying the word bearers by the way keep up the good work

Whilst laughing manically

also enjoying the pic of your stunning stuff.

if you play mortal kombat you can get lots of ideas....

just ask my cousin. ;)

TAS + Firestorm: Great to see you guys, thanks for the welcome. :tu: Hopefully I'll stick around this time.

Giles: I like the idea with the Fist champ. Already got my last one modeled and I'd have to rip him up to do it. May just have to, he's not very interesting as he is, although I've taken a liking to him, and he's the only squad leader in my army with a pointy arm. :P (It's the guy on the right here)

Modernangelofdeath: I enjoy this idea. I'll see what I can do about that.

Dark Apostle Thirst: Sorry about that. I only ever mentioned any fluff a few times and by now it's buried. It's supposed to be the XIII/13th Warhost led by Dark Apostle Razakel "the Unhallowed" (Razakel, 13, hence my name). I've mostly been building the 2nd Cohort so far. I really don't have much in the way of fluff for them beyond squad names. When I started the army I wanted them to be on an "evangelical" bent - they'd go around capturing and converting marines from other chapters/legions to the Dark Faith, and I was going to have a couple marines in every squad that were obviously from other chapters/legions, but that kind of fell by the wayside when I started focusing on dioramas. Aside from that it's a standard Warhost according to their IA - chapter-sized at full strength, plus cultists and daemons. I run my army in 12-man squads - have to footslog but it's one of the few things the IA specifically says about their organizational doctrine. That's about it, really - I've tried writing more fluff but I never know where to start.

So about that third Hell Blade I mentioned, I managed to get the whole thing done today, would've posted hours ago if the fething washes had dried any faster.

gallery_39401_2771_54441.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_132545.jpg

Haven't started on the base yet, planning to do that on Sunday, then I'll get a group shot of the whole squadron. This one's name is Shelly, by the way. Here's hoping I can keep up this rate of updates.

Dark Apostle Thirst: Sorry about that. I only ever mentioned any fluff a few times and by now it's buried. It's supposed to be the XIII/13th Warhost led by Dark Apostle Razakel "the Unhallowed" (Razakel, 13, hence my name). I've mostly been building the 2nd Cohort so far. I really don't have much in the way of fluff for them beyond squad names. When I started the army I wanted them to be on an "evangelical" bent - they'd go around capturing and converting marines from other chapters/legions to the Dark Faith, and I was going to have a couple marines in every squad that were obviously from other chapters/legions, but that kind of fell by the wayside when I started focusing on dioramas. Aside from that it's a standard Warhost according to their IA - chapter-sized at full strength, plus cultists and daemons. I run my army in 12-man squads - have to footslog but it's one of the few things the IA specifically says about their organizational doctrine. That's about it, really - I've tried writing more fluff but I never know where to start.

Please, don't apoligise - it's your choice. If you'd like help with fluff, just ask me and I'd be happy to do what I can for such an esteemed modeller ^_^

Thanks, by the way, for the info, it'll help a lot :P

Also, very nice Hellblade, easily the pride of any Apocalypse force ^_^

Haven't finished Shelly's base yet. Started it, but after playing another Apoc game over the weekend I'm starting to get really sick of how wobbly my "Macragge terrain + wire" bases are. So I think I'm going to cut down those clear flyer stands to fit the Hell Blades and mount 'em on standard flyer bases - thinking wrecked, flaming Russ parts littering the bases. 'Course I don't have any Russes at the moment so this will be a project for later. I'll save the Macragge stuff for a future army display table (no promises on that - that's something I want to do when the whole cohort is done, and at this rate that's gonna take a while). Current plans are to get my last (for now, anyway) 20 cultists out of the way next. If they're not done on Friday I'll at the very least have WIP shots.

Also, here's a bit of an experiment. I've got the beginnings of a Daemon horde that I've posted pics of from time to time. Still haven't painted any of it aside from the GUO. Been thinking about ways to expand the Nurgle section without resorting to using metal plaguebearers (IMO they're starting to look really dated - fun though they may be) and fell upon this.

gallery_39401_2771_121162.jpg

Seen a few threads about doing this and I finally decided to try it out. At the moment he's a proof-of-concept so he's a bit rougher than I'd like for an army of them. Think I want to do something with the blade aside from just cutting its length down, but I'm not sure exactly what. Also, he's the only one for now - he's made of spare bitz and I can't seem to find another torso.

In other news, I've ordered a Zombie Dragon. Aside from being a fething Zombie Dragon, this will allow me to finish Raz 2.0. Should get here any day now.

Marshal Sampson of Terra - The Zombie Dragon's just going to be a Zombie Dragon. I wanted the Terrorgheist rider's head for Raz's chestplate, didn't help that VCs have been tempting me for a while now. Obviously that's a project that won't go on B&C, will start a thread elsewhere eventually, but I'm feeling like I'm on a roll with my WBs at the moment so it may not get done this century.

modernangelofdeath - Not sure if THIS thread in particular making you want to start Guard is normal... ;) I actually really like IG, just happens that I like CSMs more. :o

Finished painting those 20 cultists I mentioned. Thought I'd have them done on Friday, underestimated how long it'd take and then had RL stuff that needed doing over the weekend. Done now, here they are.

gallery_39401_2771_64706.jpg

And here's the whole horde so far, total headcount is 50 at this point, not sure how much further I want to expand. I think I have 10 more Flagellant bodies lying around somewhere, may as well put them to use.

gallery_39401_2771_89181.jpg

And more work on Raz mk2 thanks to the zombie dragon bit.

gallery_39401_2771_114203.jpg

Actually cut the Terrorgheist ghoul's head down WAY too much - never cut something that tiny with sprue-clippers, folks - but I think I made it work. The sculpting on the chestplate doesn't come across too well in the pics - there's three indentations on either side lining up with the Ghoul face's cheekbones, eyebrows and the top of its head. Idea was to get it to look like it's organically growing out of his armor, not sure if my rough sculpting will help that effect once he's painted or not. Tried to get a closeup but my camera hates me. The feeling is becoming mutual.

gallery_39401_2771_45215.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_25996.jpg

His "armpit" is still WIP - thought cables would look cool there, but covering up the joint with trim bulks the torso out a bit too much for my liking. His back is just a big lumpy glob of GS at this point, not very pretty, didn't think it was worth taking a pic. He'll be getting a cape at some point so it'll all get covered up anyway. Not quite sure where I'm going with the Crozius - was thinking of spiking it out with the spiky bitz from the Warriors of Chaos sprue, but now I'm thinking I liked just having the one spike at the top on his mk1 incarnation. Having already cut down the spikes on the head of the maul, though, I've kind of forced myself into having to do something. I'm thinking of having it on fire, warpflame blowing in the opposite direction from his tabard/seals would be suitably creepy. Might also look silly. Nothing is certain, haven't settled on anything - kind of want to wait until I decide what I'm doing with his backpack. Also still needs more chains and books and candles and so on.

Anyway, next up on the painting table is some heavy bolter Havocs.

Raz! Looking great!

As for the Crozius go spiky like I did on the one I did for Marduk or do it like the one that CavPathfinder did on his DA ( http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...77542&st=25 ).

Just a couple of suggestions that I think would make it have that look and feel of the drawing from the 3.5 'dex that you seem to be using as a basis for your updated version of Raz ;)

Anyway you decide to do it it's still gonna be awesome!

Cannot wait to see it all finished!

~BtW

Archived