Raz's Word Bearers - Hell Follows With Them

RazakelXIII

Obviously I haven't even started on the face - cracked open my old fleshtones and, aside from my Tallarn Flesh, they're all dried up, so I'll probably go out and get more soon.

That always happens to me when I've had a break of a a few months from painting; if they're not too dry, I find adding several drops of water, than giving the paint a good shake, will make it usable again. I don't know if you've thought of that - unless the paints are well and truly dried...

IT IS DONE.

gallery_39401_2771_45812.jpg

Finished him a few days ago and painted the breaking wheel today. I'm actually not sure if I'm pleased with the wheel - I think I may have actually gone too far with the blood, and I wonder if it might've been better if the little fella on top had been on fire. But for now, I'm calling him done.

gallery_39401_2771_43881.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_58787.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_149630.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_9669.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_28117.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_15068.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_85818.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_33685.jpg

Size comparison with running smurf and Gothic-pattern Word Bearer:

gallery_39401_2771_192062.jpg

And the obligatory "Old and busted, new hotness" shot:

gallery_39401_2771_20496.jpg

Whew. So for now I'm going back to finishing up the Titan. After that I want to do some long-overdue touchups on my First Acolyte, and I've also been meaning to go back through my army and just add candles on backpacks and icons and such. It all needs more FIRE. Once that's all done I'll put up an army shot. Must try not to disappear for several months.

It's done. 40k is over. You win. Everybody go home.

Seriously. What an incredible model. I need you to promise me something though. Introduce this bad boy to your opponents before each match. Something like "this is my Word Bearer Dark Apostle. He shall be your doom..."

Be proud, brother, your Dark Apostle is a true accomplishment in miniature conversion and painting.

Congratulations, mate.

PS: Sampson has a point <_< but, personally, I'd prefer if 40k wasn't over and you could keep on showing us shiny new Word Bearers.

It's done. 40k is over. You win. Everybody go home.

Srs. Raz, I saw this finished guy and involuntarily shouted "holy damn!" He blazes with a deity's unending hatred.

Curious on your paint formula for the flesh - that pale tone really pops against the dark reds.

"Is that you... My Lord....Lorgar?...."

Brother Neruth, Champion of the Gods, Chosen of the Word Bearers, spoke through blood stained lips as he lay broken in the cold mud of the earth.

Through half opened eyes, he gazed upon the abomidable majesty of the heavenly being that knelt beside him. Grime and tears stung his eyes, death slowly dragging his thoughts into the depths of oblivion as the whispers and giggles of hungry daemons crept into the mind, eagerly waiting to feast upon his soul. The figure glowed with a beauty that the old warrior had not seens since the long ages of the great war of the blind, a splendor that was unmistakable. This was his master, his father. The Dark Apostle said nothing, not wishing to deny the dying warrior his dilussioned comfort in his final moment.

Blood heaved forth from his trembling lips, reaching out and placing his hand upon the edges of the gaping hole that had bisected him from the stomach down. He never had even a moment to register the pain of the assault cannon as he carved through the innards of the Imperial Fist with his bare hands.

But now, none of that mattered. Death extended its hand to him, the massive gauntleted hand of Dark Apostle Razakel, no... his Primarch reaching out and clasping his own hand as a final farewell. Neruth's lips curled in honest joy, embracing his death with a welcoming smile as he died in the arms of his father.

"Lorgar..."

I'm sorry but I just had to write something about this Dark Apostle. He just exudes the character and majesty of Lorgar. Amazing job here man.

Raz, with this Dark Apostle You've won over 9000 Internets. This is the first time I've almost got eyebleeds because of the sheer epicness of the model :unsure:.

Thanks, everyone, I'm just tremendously relieved I'm finally done with him. :D

Sampson - I certainly hope 40k isn't over, I mean wouldn't that be advancing the plot? We can't have that. :P Thanks, I promise I'll do the introductions, sounds like fun.

Lexington - His face is all just Citadel paints. I don't know how this all translates over into the new paint line (I only got these paints a few days ago but at that time my FLGS still hadn't gotten the new paints in), but I started with a basecoat of Dark Flesh, layered on Dwarf Flesh leaving a bit of the basecoat visible in the cracks, highlighted Elf Flesh, washed it all with Baal Red, then Leviathan Purple, then slightly watered-down Devlan Mud, then layered on more Dwarf Flesh (again leaving the recesses alone), and finished with another Elf Flesh highlight. I pretty much never mix paints, so there was none of that.

Noctus Cornix - Wow. That was beautiful, I don't even know what to say to that. Thank you. My week has officially been made.

I'm already back to work on Vanessa. Script. Script everywhere. I just did all this in the last few hours and I do believe my hands are going to fall off. @_@ Still experimenting with lighting her, some of the pics seem to have a slightly greenish tinge but they were the best I got of those areas.

gallery_39401_2771_115750.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_183511.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_109271.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_3009.jpg

ANGRY KNEE IS STILL ANGRY!

gallery_39401_2771_10384.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_2863.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_82404.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_125761.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_419.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_53941.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_26060.jpg

This is it for the exterior, though I still have to do kill-banners. Need to go out and find some chain to hang them from, I've got some lying around but I think it's too small. In the meantime I'll get to work on the innards, lots of blood, should be good fun.

Very, very smexy warhound there Raz, loving the parchment and devotional text all over it, very Word Bearer-ey. It would have been nice if you had maybe added some other colour to break up some of the uniformity, but that doesn't take anything away from the amazing model!

Empire Flagellant legs+chest (single piece) and head

Cadian Shocktrooper arms and lasgun.

Round base.

Some GS to fix the combat blade to the lasgun.

Done. :)

TDA

Cheers ;)

This is easily my favorite model of the thread, so much character in the paint job, JB would be proud!

Thanks, guys.

ThisIsJimmy - I know what you mean, I almost wish I was painting this in World Eater colors, brass trim would really add a little something. I've tried adding some Dwarf Bronze to some of the mechanical bits in various places but I think it distracts too much from the Boltgun trim, I might try Tin Bitz.

Sampson - Honestly I dunno where this all comes from, I think I just stared at this for far, far too long.

Thirst - *audible groan* I shoulda seen that coming. :rolleyes: Thanks.

Irwit - TDA is correct (thanks, TDA).

Quick update, I sculpted in some eye lenses and painted the cockpit.

gallery_39401_2771_2080.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_117312.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_86428.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_86432.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not sure about the rest of the interior - assembling this beast before painting the innards was a REALLY bad idea, I've started painting it but I'm having a really hard time getting to all the little details - was afraid of this. On a brighter note, I've sculpted up some fething enormous legio banners to hang from the guns (cloth wouldn't give me the texture I wanted so I just used ridiculous amounts of GS). Haven't quite figured out a way to connect them yet, would like to find a way to leave them detachable, thinking hanging them from chains via hooks. Should have pics of them all painted up tomorrow.

Seriously man... I need to nail my mouth closed or something every time I visit your blog to stop my mouth from dropping. These are the best and most amazing Word Bearers I have ever seen. It personifies everything about the legion that I just love so much.

Every new model you make, brings up this indomitable desire to write about the glory of Dark Apostle Razakel and his warriors. Its brilliant!

That cockpit crew is awesome! Loving the wet look to the gore. How much more interior is there to paint? I've spent way to long looking at the structure on the outside of these titans I realise I've no idea what they're like inside. Doh!

Archived