Raz's Word Bearers - Hell Follows With Them

RazakelXIII

It still looks absolutely awesome, don't get me wrong. Have you thought about painting the Plasma Blastgun using the same colours you did for your plasma guns? There is a chance that it could overpower the model, but your paint scheme for the coils is fairly subdued so I don't think it would be too much of an issue. Anyway, keep up the great work, loved the gory interior, suitably brutal

I think the best part of your Warhound is actually the crew. Especially with on being a gory fusion with the titan, the other one being nought but a preserved/animated? skeleton... I want to see a picture of the last one though. I get the feeling that to contrast the other one he's permenantly locked in his suit?

thats one nasty looking brute you got there awesome work especially the crew

i just got to say the crew and innards of these titans are awesome and its a shame we dont get to see them much so cheers for a peek inside yours

:jaw:

Love the cockpit. So much character. Love how the old crew are still there, just like you would imagine in an old crashed WWII plane. And the precepts thrashing and possessed. Fantastic job! Really well done!

Thanks everybody. I gotta say over the last few weeks this feedback has really kept me going, usually I can barely make myself pick up a brush but I've just felt incredibly motivated to paint recently.

Noctis Cornix: By all means, write away! I'd love to read it.

Biohazard: Got some super-awkward pics of what the rest of the interior looks like half-basecoated, FW's got some pics unpainted. I think my favorite thing about the whole model is the gun servitor that's just turned into a giant mutated blob. Will have more of this when it's done, but having built this thing before I painted its innards... ugh. Never again.

gallery_39401_2771_57799.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_110240.jpg

MagicMan: Ha, no, that and the above two pics are all FW's handiwork.

ThisisJimmy: I did think about that, but on this scale I feel like it'd need source lighting so as not to look flat, and I think all that green would definitely throw off the color balance here. Plus I'd be terrified of doing OSL on a model this size. This is what I'm probably going for, just Tin Bitz and a wash most likely.

Coryphaus101: Ha, actually no, I guess the crack went in just the right place to look like a pupil, though. Now I wish I'd done the same on the other eye - too far back on that one.

Thirst: Here's the other side, he's not sealed in, just got a helmet on, sort of slumped over.

gallery_39401_2771_101296.jpg

So here's the banners - middle one's just bare flesh on the back, it'll be hanging from the Titan's groinplatething or whatever it is. The empty spaces between the stars and the script on the "front" sides (the top pic) of the two gun-banners are reserved for kill markings, which I will hopefully be applying after future Apoc games. Thinking Chaos stars for superheavies and skulls similar to the Latros Sacrum for gargantuans. Also, still experimenting with ways to hang them, thinking I might sculpt some hooks or something, definitely want them to be detachable.

gallery_39401_2771_31145.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_148476.jpg

Really should've taken a scale shot of these now that I think about it, but I am REALLY sleepy right now. For reference the two gun banners are about 5 inches long, will post pics next to a Space Marine after I bloodify them.

Appreciate the interior pics buddy. I won't be going into that much detail but it's awesome to see. As for the banners and hanging them, how about the hooks from the chaos spiky sprue or whatever it's called. I'm sure those would work?

Biohazard - I went with your suggestion and used the large hooks from the Chaos tank sprues to hang 'em, I'd actually forgotten about those completely. :lol: Thanks!

And she's pretty much done. Well, exterior-wise. Still working on the interior, I've pretty much covered it in blood (surprise!) but I'm not happy to leave it at that, there's tons of non-bloody details I've missed due to having difficulty getting enough light in there to see what the feth I'm doing. I'll keep at it, when that's done I'll try to get some better pics and some closeups. I do intend to give her a base at some point, but it may be a while.

gallery_39401_2771_164758.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_74274.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_138618.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_144828.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_22926.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_83237.jpg

Looks awesome mate! Easily the best titan I have seen, they normally just don't sit right and looks stupid next to a 28mm marine. Yours actually looks like a titan at 28mm scale. You should be very proud of that one!

.... still prefer the original cultist tho :lol:

That is outstanding. Great job! Easily the best looking Chaos Warhound I've seen.

As for the hooks, I'm happy to help ;)

Reason for edit. Fixing the iPhone auto correct of Earhound to Warhound lol

;)

Circus Nurgling - Certainly. Please excuse the flash lighting, my lightbox isn't big enough for both of them. :P

gallery_39401_2771_203453.jpg

And looooooots more pics of the exterior.

gallery_39401_2771_117455.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_16020.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_90980.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_91923.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_27301.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_89682.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_121152.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_38659.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_65943.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_117190.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_38655.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_156126.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_55599.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_83342.jpg

And I'm calling the interior done - I've probably missed a few details but at the moment I'm happy with it.

gallery_39401_2771_192499.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_156749.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_10038.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_154011.jpg

gallery_39401_2771_186746.jpg

I've no idea how that didn't reach the image limit. :) As I've said, next up I'll be going back through my army doing touchups, adding candles and such, also likely bringing the script in line with the Titan. Some time after I did my Terminator squad I went back and washed the crap out of some of my earlier models to bring them in line with the darker tone I'd stumbled upon. Some details, such as script and battle damage, were toned down significantly (you can really see it on ol' Berith in the above pics) and I never went back and fixed it, will be doing that now. I want to extend the wave of warpstuff on the nipple-psyker (refer to Daemons codex pg.22 for what I'm going for). May also be trying glowy eye lenses. This may take a while, so I'll likely be doing updates squad-by-squad. Not giving myself a deadline for all this, since whenever I do that I seem to miss it, though I've got a few Apoc games coming up in the next few weeks so I'll be trying to get as much done for those as I can.

Whoa that must be one hell of an OS factor when you field both of those! Thanks for the reference pic. I always thought that brass scorpion was a bit on the small side... not anymore.

I love the pose of the Titan as well. Very natural and dynamic, which seems to be hard to pull off with that model.

Archived