Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

I'm starting to like him a lot. May have to call him Dan and play him as my lord.

I'm slowly working on one of those tactical files for my company, the 18th grand, and am messing around with a couple of short story ideas.

I'm just hoping if they ever release legion codex's or a better chaos book i'll still have a use for all of my models.

Love the new berzerker! So much inspiration man, kudos can't thank you enough for doing these and all the inspiration they create. The zerker looks so much more intimidating than the GW ones and you have really got the large and evil look to it. Can't wait to see more

Cheers

//Erik

Hi. Great conversions! Especially like the obliterator weapon teams. Just wondering where you stand with rules as I would like to use them in my army and don't want to get penalized for not using actual obliterator models. I don't want to use the GW ones as they suck!

I used them exclusively because i hate the GW models too. They saw action at two hard boyz events and a bunch of small tournaments at my local game store. Everyone who sees them knows what oblits do. I've never had anyone say they don't like them and won't play against them.

The way i see things there's two wounds, toughness 4, on a 40mm base. When i stick one of my weapon teams next to an oblit there's more power armor surface area with a weapon team, and i build them tall enough to match the oblit and in some cases exceed him.

LoS and wysiwyg can be achieved if you model them a little taller, or higher, and with the weapons that an oblit would carry.

I'm making good progress on the zerks. I have two finished besides the chaplain and am starting a third tonight. Regretfully my wife contracted a case of the obliterator virus and turned my ancient camera into scrap. I Won't have pictures up until i find a way to fix it, or buy another camera. :P

Good news, i got my camera working long enough to get a couple zerk progress shots up.

Here we go!

gallery_31335_1757_30759.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_20585.jpg

These are mostly done except for a few minor tid-bits to add after my bits arrive.

I'm trying to decide what to put on the combat shield as well. I may milput a design on there but i don't think much would last long on the front of a combat shield.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Dan The Deamon

I'm trying to decide what to put on the combat shield as well. I may milput a design on there but i don't think much would last long on the front of a combat shield.

What do you guys think?

Well combat shields are just lighter versions of storm shields... which have built-in energy generators. So I believe a combat shield would still have a force field, albeit maybe a slightly weaker one. Now if you take that into account, then the design would almost never suffer direct damage, unless the generator were to fail.

So my vote goes into the 'sculpt-a-motif' category. :D

awesum zerks mate, im loving this thread jsut back to the rules thing, i assume then that no one kinda queries the 2 plus save? thats the main i was concerned about and also weapons, did u model all oblit weapons on each team or does each team in the squad carry a diff weapon, and also does each team count as one model not two?

sorry to be a pain!!

Love the weapon on the second one, something about its head doesnt sit right though i cant figure out what? I think if you trimmed down a skeleton torso and added that to the storm shield as suggested above it could look pretty sweet. Adds to the whole berzerker look :)

Love the weapon on the second one, something about its head doesnt sit right though i cant figure out what?
Anatomically speaking his legs are too long compared to the torso + helmet. He still looks nice though, sort of gangly. Edited by Brother Nihm

Love the weapon on the second one, something about its head doesnt sit right though i cant figure out what? I think if you trimmed down a skeleton torso and added that to the storm shield as suggested above it could look pretty sweet. Adds to the whole berzerker look :P

Ahh Thats what it is! Cheers Nimh! :)

DarkMoonlight, Nope, nobody has a problem with them having a 2+ save or a 5+ invuln. It's pretty similar to them having artificer armor. When i first used them it was a squad of three. They had a lascannon, melta, flamer, plasmacannon, multimelta and plasmagun. Each Spotter had a fist too. When i threw them into two teams of 2 the weapon load outs got split up. Nobody seems to mind though.

I think in the dozens of games i've seen oblits in only a few of them have ever had arms and weapons attatched to them anyways. They have been around long enough that everyone knows what they are once they hear obliterator.

Vip3R9 the two CCW's are chainsword hilts with Night goblin swords glued on. The axe is from chaos knights glued to a warrior fist.

Nihm and biohazard, Yeah he's tall and gangly. This is the first set of running legs i re-cut and sculpted going for the walking look. I havn't been happy with the head since i stuck it on there. I had to go a little higher with it because the chest horns restrict his veiw. I don't know how happy with them i am, they seem very impractical.

Darth,David, and bio. Thanks for the idea's on the combat shield. I think if the generator was still functioning it'd be sought after by someone with a little more pull in the company. Either that or this guy has bashed one two many of his brothers heads in trying to keep it from being stolen. Or the generator has stopped working and he just uses it as another weapon to block, and swing with. After each fight he lays another layer of armor down and fixes up the damage. I'm not sure which i'm going with, because it would definitely change what's on the front in my mind.

I'm gonna spend some time on this guys head and hope i can salvage this mini. I don't think he will fit into the final picture as is.

sweet thank man, gonna give it ago. one last question tho when firing with them and u choose which weapon ill be being shot, im guessing you role as if both weapon teams were carrying the same weapon, for example, if one of my teams were carrying a lascannon and the other a plasma cannon and i wanted to fire the plasma cannon that turn, im guessing you role as if the other team as a plasma cannon as well? Edited by DarkMoonlight