=][= REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE =][=

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to be able to sculpt rat heads for my rat based nurgle marine army. i'd also like to be able to convert some big heads like thunderwolf heads of juggernaught heads to be more ratty. 

can anyone help? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think this thread is catching the requests like it should.  Would a sub-forum for requesting tutorials work better?  Either that a big flashing sign with spinning lights saying "Ask For Help Here!"  But then that's kinda what the General section is for ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sohail187, on 19 Aug 2013 - 18:24, said:

Type: Painting

Race: Space Wolves

Details: Would like to know how to paint plasma gun with blue paints (GW paints)

Since you've specified "blue paints" I'm guessing that you've seen this tutorial that uses yellow/green paints. If so, have you tried changing the paints to those better suited to the effect you're trying to achieve?

henrywalker, on 25 Aug 2013 - 16:28, said:

I want to paint some termies up similar to hector Rex from forgeworld. I'm going to try to work it out but some advice from someone more experienced would be great.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Grey-Knights/INQUISITOR-LORD-HECTOR-REX-AND-RETINUE.html

Have you conducted a search for NMM techniques? There are a number of NMM tutorials here.

furioso-prime, on 04 Sept 2013 - 16:14, said:

Is there any tutorials for sculpting scaled cloaks like the ones for vulkan he'stan or the Dark elf corsairs?

Have you seen this tutorial?

• 4 weeks later...

Try Darksword Miniatures, they have a couple videos, I think. 

Marike Reimer's DVD is good.

Jen Haley's DVD is fantastic.

Natalya Melnick's video features her work, but she speaks Russian, translator talks over her, and there's crappy techno music throughout.  Save your money.

The first two have excellent sections on sheer fabric, how to do non-metallic metal, and others.

Object Source lighting isn't hard at all, just think about where your light source is, how the light gets to where it lands, and the further away, the dimmer.  Simple.  But a couple models you don't care about, paint them, strip them, paint them again until you like your results.  Seriously, best practice there is.

Not to be a jerk, but if you google "osl tutorial" you get 4 pretty decent ones on the first page of results. Anyway, here's the really popular one on SM helmet lenses.

This one from striking3agle is interesting, but firmly rooted in the somewhat unusual painting style they have going on there.

The ever-dependable From the Warp has a whole section of tips and theory discussion regarding OSL, all worth reading.

CMON used to have their articles in easily browsable categories, but whatever mess of a sytem they're using now takes more work to dig up articles relevant to what you're looking for. It's work poking around there, though, I know there are a few other good pieces on OSL there.

Hope some of this helps~

• 2 weeks later...
I would like someone to post a tutorial on how to paint/model stringy blood gore effects. IE blood dribbling off a sword or axe or fist :) also if anyone would have any suggestions on how to model a gaunt being pulped by a thunderhammer would b great, I'm currently working on a vangaurd vet squad, tearing into some gaunts. Thanks a bunch :)

• 1 month later...

I would like someone to post a tutorial on how to paint/model stringy blood gore effects. IE blood dribbling off a sword or axe or fist :) also if anyone would have any suggestions on how to model a gaunt being pulped by a thunderhammer would b great, I'm currently working on a vangaurd vet squad, tearing into some gaunts. Thanks a bunch :)

For blood I highly recommend this tutorial:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/130329-painting-blood-n-gore-lonewolf-style-blood-tutorial/

There is -somewhere on the B&C- a thread in which a member used a short length of hair, put some superglue on it and let it dry. Due to surface tension the glue formed beads on the hair. Once it's dry you paint that with your blood paint (Tamiya Clear Red + Nuln Oil or Blood For The Blood God). Glue it to a blade (or wound) and hey presto: you have yourself a spurt of gore.

I would like someone to post a tutorial on how to paint/model stringy blood gore effects. IE blood dribbling off a sword or axe or fist :smile.: also if anyone would have any suggestions on how to model a gaunt being pulped by a thunderhammer would b great, I'm currently working on a vangaurd vet squad, tearing into some gaunts. Thanks a bunch :smile.:

You can try this:

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.de/2010/05/tutorial-how-to-paint-blood.html

with this:

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.de/2013/06/tutorial-blood-drops.html

• 5 months later...

So, I recently made the mistake of leaving my flyer base too close to a hot bulb, I now have a somewhat deformed base. I was wondering if anyone knew how to repair something like this (as I would rather not spend the $5+$9shipping for a new one from GW right now). If so please post a tutorial.

• 3 months later...

Tutorial request:

Type: Modeling

Race: Assassins

Details:

Assassins are invisible, right? So I'm planning on just embedding the weapons in a cylinder of transparent material.

Had thought of using a hollow tube, placing the weapons appropriating and carefully filling it with water effect.

Problem is how to remove the 'cast' from the tube afterwards - does water effect 'stick'?

Cruder solution might just be to buy transparent rod and drill holes for weapons.

• 5 weeks later...

I've come up empty on my search. Anyone know of a good Prometheam Pipe relay tutorial? Even if someone could just give me the diminsions and general look of it, since I cant even find a picture of the thing, would be great.

This is the best my Google-fu could come up with,

These first two are offical GW images with the VSG, 

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-il9TFmP5MXw/UzPZ9g5IB9I/AAAAAAAAFk4/bzA4Ni_vpwg/s1600/20140326_211023.jpg

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7984&d=1395846592

This one is a DIY job

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/TheStickmonkey/Timeline

Cheers,

Jono

Edited by Grotsmasha

Could anyone help me with sculpting either a lions head or skull please?

What size are you after, and which intended use will it have? I can't help with sculpting, but WHFB High Elves have several lion pieces that could be useful.

Cheers,

Jono

• 2 months later...