=][= REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE =][=

Get your hands on a tiny miniature tank (maybe something from the FoW line?), convert up some boxes and/or attach some melta charges from the Assault Marine sprue. Done? :lol:

!!! that's an awesome idea. i'll have to find one that looks suitably chunky in the tread-department

• 4 weeks later...

Tutorial Request:

Type: Painting

Race: Space Wolves, 13th Company - Wulfen

Details: Would like to get some colour names and advise on how to paint the darker flesh tones of the Wulfen's (or similar models) arms/face.

Any advise would be great! ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I need help making DIY Blight Drones and Contemptor Dreadnoughts but can't get the ones off Forgeworld any ideas for making custom ones also does anyone have a picture showing the size comparison of a Contemptor beside a normal dreadnought as that would help a lot as well as the Blight Drone size as well

Cheers

Edited by teutonicavenger

Type: painting

Race: Space Marine Chapter "Raptors"

Details: Space marine armor and effective paint scheme carry over to vehicles

Thank You,

BDS

Mist effect?

Looking to have my LotD walking through/appearing hover above some swirling mist.

Was thinking about painting white/grey onto a clear base, or over a base covered in water effect.

Anyone seen or heard of something similar/better? Can you point me in the right direction.

If not, has anyone had any success and are they willing to post a tutorial?

• 2 weeks later...
Request: video tutorials for sculpting in 28mm scale, in particular human anatomy/musculature and faces. I'm tired of having such a huge weakspot in my, albeit modest, sculpting skill, but I've never been able to find any good quality ones, everything that pops up on a youtube search is normal-scale clay work or wax sculpting for dolls :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Paulocromis: I've never really heard of that, but my thoughts run along the line of buying some clear or opaque resin, and making molds of fire-like effects. Then, use the molds to make the clear "flames", which, when dried, would look somewhat like mist. Glue these around your mini's feet on the bases. Other than that, not sure man.

@Clockwork Thief: I would suggest rummaging through SCC's Raven Guard thread. Link. He has some excellent ideas, a wonderful recipe for black and white, and a ton of other stuff in there.

@Dude with a brush: Here's a decent tut on weathering pigments. Link. From my experience, I found that a brush with older, softer bristles works best. Also, just do a little at a time, if you try to get it all done in one sitting, you could end up doing the weathering a little too thick. I've had good luck with MIG and Tamiya weathering powders, though FW's ain't too bad.

@Grey Knight Purifier: About this size, or larger? Link

@Cpt. Asmodai: Las-Plas? Aslt. Cannon? Bolters? Do you have spare bits, or are you going for a straight 'ground up' build?

Ouch, lol. Just made my search a ton harder.

Well, First off, I'd suggest picking up a bunch of sheet and tube styrene (aka plasticard) and / or some thin copper tubing, depending on the weapon you're building, as well as some greenstuff (or a cheaper alternative) for gap filling. Here's a good intro tut for working with plasticard link.

Here we have Scratchbuilt 40k, dedicated to playing 40k while pinching pennies. There's piles of good tutorials here, just look around. Link His scratchbuilt Predator is down-right inspiring.Link

Nighthunter here on the B&C is uber-creative with his tanks, I'd highly suggest rummaging through his thread for some ideas Link

Other than that, it's gonna come down to grid-paper, proper measurements, and experimentation. Best of luck man, and make sure to post your results!

Sonova...just realized I forgot to respond to one...

@Yodhrin: Video's, huh? Dang. Well, here's about the closest I could find (it's actually 25mm scale)

From Part 11 onward, he covers most of the face sculpting. These are seriously long video's, but the guy is pretty thorough. Hope this helps, man.

Tutorial Request:

Type: Modelling

Race: Space Marines

Details: I would like to find a way to model mk V Heresy Pattern Helms? Buying the whole set from Forgeworld is a liiiiittle excessive for me.

Thank you everyone!

Thanks, yeah, I've seen those too :P

Specifically what I like about the Forgeworld mkV heads is the helmet's wide "jaw," like on Tyberos' helm. I like the aesthetic of a helmet that is noticeably different from a human head, which is, incidentally, also why a tut on how to make the Black Templar's upgrade mkIV helm would be swell too! :lol:

But it's cool guys, I'll try and Bitzbox it or something.

Tutorial Request: Dynamic/Kneeling poses for marines

Type: Modelling/Conversion

Race: SM

Details: I would lkike to know how to make more dynamic poses (i.e. focussing on the legs) for my deathwatch kill team. Especially a kneeling one.

N.B. I searched the thread for one, but the links were broken!

thankS!

Tutorial Request: Greenstuffing to make a ball of fire

Type: Sculpting (?)

Race: SM

Details: I would like to create a "fireball", (or even better, some sort of lightning bolt) for my SM librarian.

Thanks for any help!