=][= REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE =][=

• 4 weeks later...

looking for some ideas on this, looking for military'esque haircuts. From the motivated high and tights to medium regulation cuts... perhaps even a sloppy low reg. (fellow Devils, you know what im talking about).

Too many bald heads in vanilla boxes, BA heads make me think of luke skywalker, space wolves... well my fists arent hive gangers so they dont need no stinkin mohawks.

i know this seems like i should be able to improv this, but i usually have the most success using something tried and true than winging it (my creativity was dead and buried 8 years ago)

hey

im looking for a lava terrain tutorial , not bases , terrain does anyone knows about one ?

Take a look here for inspiration: link

looking for some ideas on this, looking for military'esque haircuts. From the motivated high and tights to medium regulation cuts... perhaps even a sloppy low reg. (fellow Devils, you know what im talking about).

Too many bald heads in vanilla boxes, BA heads make me think of luke skywalker, space wolves... well my fists arent hive gangers so they dont need no stinkin mohawks.

i know this seems like i should be able to improv this, but i usually have the most success using something tried and true than winging it (my creativity was dead and buried 8 years ago)

I am sorry that I can't be of more help but your best bet is most likely to try and sculpt them on existing (bald) heads, using greenstuff.

Hey I am looking how to model a Dreadnought missile launcher using a hurricane bolter arm from the Ironclad Dreadnought kit, modelling Finecast Emperors Champion to look Nurgle based and how to model Plague Chimneys or exhausts on a Dreadnought like how Tyranids have those funny exhaust things on their backs but without having to us parts from Tyranids

Hey I am looking how to model a Dreadnought missile launcher using a hurricane bolter arm from the Ironclad Dreadnought kit
That one is really easy, I'd go with a square of plasticard cut to fit the bit in the top-middle (see the picture: link

). Then I'd either roll up some balls of greenstuff or find suitable missile-head-bits and glue them in place.

modelling Finecast Emperors Champion to look Nurgle based
Greenstuff is your friend: link + link

and how to model Plague Chimneys or exhausts on a Dreadnought like how Tyranids have those funny exhaust things on their backs but without having to us parts from Tyranids
Greenstuff them. Trial and error. :D

I am also looking how to model cloaks for chaos space marines
Here's one method of doing scaled cloaks: link

Tutorial Request:

Type: Modelling

Race: Space Marine: Chaplain Terminator

Details: How to paint the skull helmet and the other skulls on the model.

Cheers

There is literally a million and one ways to paint bone and skulls with no 'right way'. I suggest that you find one that fits you and matches the rest of the model.

The way I do it myself can be found here: link

Apologies if this is the wrong section but I wondered if anyone had the Games Workshop guide to painting Black Templars/black power armour as linked to in the Chapter specific section. It has been removed from GW's site for some time it seems and various google and forum searches have not revealed it.

I was hoping maybe someone had copied or saved the webpage and could point me in the right direction..

thanks

Hey I am looking how to make Warhammer chaos warriors into chaos space marines and is it possible to to change the head of the finecast Emperors champion model as I trying to swap it with the Nurgle champion head you get with the chaos space marine set.

Cheers

Edited by teutonicavenger

Hey I am looking how to make Warhammer chaos warriors into chaos space marines and is it possible to to change the head of the finecast Emperors champion model as I trying to swap it with the Nurgle champion head you get with the chaos space marine set.

Cheers

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...;showarticle=82

As for the head, is it possible to simply chop it off, pin+greenstuff it in place and then smooth over with greenstuff?

Looking for a Tutorial on how to use Brass Etchings from Forge World properly. I have never been able to get them to look quite right.
Courtesy of FTW, http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2012/02/ho...h-to-model.html

• 2 weeks later...
Hey looking to make a Defiler without buying the defiler kit as it is just too expensive being $129.00 in New Zealand.

Cheers

You probably won't find a complete tutorial for a full Defiler, but you could buy some of the bits seperate and build the rest from scratch with plasticard and/or bits. (Maybe this thread of mine can help you find some ideas for a build like that)

Hello,

I would really like to see a tutorial on how to creatively assemble the very basic combat squad space marines using standard bits, maybe with little something from other sets like SM Commander or smth. I`m finishing my combat squad, and wanna start a full tactical squad next, and i don`t want to regret anything, so i need ideas. Avilable poses are limited to me, but maybe i`m wrong. I plan to use 'running' asssault legs on a guy with r. launcher and on a regular bolter guy, but the rest are sentenced to their original legs.

So, pls post some links!

Follow the little yellow link in my sig. I've gone ballistic with every dang bit I have to make my Marines Malevolent's unique, and most of my conversions were from simply raiding my bits box, and a little green stuff. Hope this helps, bro.

These look very inspirational, thank You very much guys! I`ve finished combat squad yesterday, worked on them very carefully to achieve smooth polished surfaces. I`ll study your works more closely at home (i`m at work 10am-18pm) while assembling my tactical squadron. Any more ideas will be much apreciated. My aim is to create highly uniformed units - everyone in same mkVII armour, same helmet, same markings style, not much of weapon customization - yet to have every marine in, at least slightly, different pose.

Thanks again!

I would like to request a tutorial on how to make our own counts as model for a unit entry in the Badab War part 1 books. It's Called a Devastation Drone, and it's used in Boarding Action games. Since Forge World is releasing new "hallway" board tiles, i'd like to make a couple of these drones but cant figure out how to do it.

here's some detailed into on the model to help you more gifted conversionists:

Unit Type: (counts as infantry, use 20mm base)

Wargear: Implosion Charge, Void Hardened Armor

Fluff Description says they are mobile demolition bombs, compact and man-sized, sturdily built (toughness 5), many are mounted on heavy track unit to keep them moving, but the best-fashioned ones use anti-grav plates instead.

Implosion charges destroy the drone when they're set off, and they cause a 5" blast template centered on the drone, and cause a Strength 9 AP3 wound to everything caught underneath the template.

i hope that's enough info to help you guys come up with a design; i'm at a loss at the moment on how to do it myself. I was thinking of making a hovering model, but i'm not sure how to model it's drone-body and the explosives in such a way that makes it look like a model that has a better toughness rating than a space marine.

• 2 weeks later...
Tutorial request: Adding badges to Marine Shoulder guards using GIMP (can't afford Photoshop ;) ). I've tried using the PS tutorial, but GIMP seems to be substantially different regarding where all the tools etc are.

I would like to request a tutorial on how to make our own counts as model for a unit entry in the Badab War part 1 books. It's Called a Devastation Drone, and it's used in Boarding Action games. Since Forge World is releasing new "hallway" board tiles, i'd like to make a couple of these drones but cant figure out how to do it.

here's some detailed into on the model to help you more gifted conversionists:

Unit Type: (counts as infantry, use 20mm base)

Wargear: Implosion Charge, Void Hardened Armor

Fluff Description says they are mobile demolition bombs, compact and man-sized, sturdily built (toughness 5), many are mounted on heavy track unit to keep them moving, but the best-fashioned ones use anti-grav plates instead.

Implosion charges destroy the drone when they're set off, and they cause a 5" blast template centered on the drone, and cause a Strength 9 AP3 wound to everything caught underneath the template.

i hope that's enough info to help you guys come up with a design; i'm at a loss at the moment on how to do it myself. I was thinking of making a hovering model, but i'm not sure how to model it's drone-body and the explosives in such a way that makes it look like a model that has a better toughness rating than a space marine.

Get your hands on a tiny miniature tank (maybe something from the FoW line?), convert up some boxes and/or attach some melta charges from the Assault Marine sprue. Done? :mellow:

Tutorial request: Adding badges to Marine Shoulder guards using GIMP (can't afford Photoshop :) ). I've tried using the PS tutorial, but GIMP seems to be substantially different regarding where all the tools etc are.
The only advice I can give you is to read the manual: link

Tutorial request: Adding badges to Marine Shoulder guards using GIMP (can't afford Photoshop ;) ). I've tried using the PS tutorial, but GIMP seems to be substantially different regarding where all the tools etc are.
The only advice I can give you is to read the manual: link

Thanks for the reply.

I kinda worked out how to do it (albeit very crudely)

I'll take a look :D

Edited by Aquilanus