=][= REQUEST TUTORIALS HERE =][=

• 2 weeks later...

HI all, would REĂLLY appreciate if anyone can help me with:

Tutorial Request: Bionics AND (sculpting) coils/cables on SM's and warrior acolytes/guardsmen

Type: Conversion and sculpting

Race: Grey Knights, Inquisition, and Mechanicum

Details: I am attempting to create a Radical Inquisitional force (with a Necron detachment, hence the robotics theme), with henchmen that have bionic components. I also intend to use the henchman as Skitarii, hence I really need help in how to make coils/cables that connect their mouths/heads to various other parts of the body, etc... Obviously, I shall be using GK counts as, so these modifications can be PA scaled as well as IG scaled. I am hoping to use GKs as counts as Praetorians and Defender Manibles, etc...

Tough ask, so again, would be REALLY appreciative!

Tutorial Request

Tutorial Type: Painting

Race: Sisters of Battle

Description: A tutorial on how to paint dust on tank armor, and models. With a desert theme basing, on white armor. Would like just a light layer, using GW paints if possible.

I suggest trying pigments, link

Forgeworld also produces some (expensive but) good pigments.

Tutorial request:

Type: Painting

Race: Space Marines

Details: I need some instruction on how to convincingly paint leather/distressed/old leather.

link Like in Obliterators post, but use darker browns.

Tutorial request:

Details: I need some instruction on how to paint Imperial Fists using the new Citadel paint range, looking for a battle damaged/weathered effect.

Thank you in advance!

link

Add battle damage where appropriate.

HI all, would RE?LLY appreciate if anyone can help me with:

Tutorial Request: Bionics AND (sculpting) coils/cables on SM's and warrior acolytes/guardsmen

Type: Conversion and sculpting

Race: Grey Knights, Inquisition, and Mechanicum

Details: I am attempting to create a Radical Inquisitional force (with a Necron detachment, hence the robotics theme), with henchmen that have bionic components. I also intend to use the henchman as Skitarii, hence I really need help in how to make coils/cables that connect their mouths/heads to various other parts of the body, etc... Obviously, I shall be using GK counts as, so these modifications can be PA scaled as well as IG scaled. I am hoping to use GKs as counts as Praetorians and Defender Manibles, etc...

Tough ask, so again, would be REALLY appreciative!

link & link are good places to start I think.

Tutorial Request:

Race: Chaos Space Marine: black legion

Details: I m looking for a tutorial on painting black legion

Thanks.

link

Thank you Brother Nihm for the links. They will work well for the "bionic" look, however, are there any tutorials that would cover the creation of cables/cords through the use of, say, green stuff? e.g. a cable that would connect from mouthpiece, to say backpack? or even something like gun to arm? ala the cables present on a normal GKSS Storm Bolter's model?

Conforming to the requirements of the thread:

Tutorial Request

Tutorial Type: Sculpting (I guess?)

Race: GK/Inquisition

Description: As stated above, I would very much like to know how to re-create coils/cables. Would this be possible to do with green stuff?

Thank you

Thank you Brother Nihm for the links. They will work well for the "bionic" look, however, are there any tutorials that would cover the creation of cables/cords through the use of, say, green stuff? e.g. a cable that would connect from mouthpiece, to say backpack? or even something like gun to arm? ala the cables present on a normal GKSS Storm Bolter's model?

Tutorial Request

Description: As stated above, I would very much like to know how to re-create coils/cables. Would this be possible to do with green stuff?

Thank you

Although creating wire/cables is very possible, albeit time consuming with green stuff I have had better success with guitar cord/string and other various small diameter wires etc. Just my $.75

Tutorial Request

Thank you

Although creating wire/cables is very possible, albeit time consuming with green stuff I have had better success with guitar cord/string and other various small diameter wires etc. Just my $.75

Oi!

Courtesy of From The Warp: link

Tutorial Request:

Type: modelling and painting

Race: Chaos Space Marine Nurgle

Details: Looking to try to make my own palanquin but unsure how to do it and not really interested in using the palanquin of Epidemius probably more zombies holding the palanquin or something also looking to paint my plague marines in a deathly pale green with a pale white or grey trim almost ethereal looking but don't know which of the new GW paint range would be best

Cheers

Tutorial Request

Thank you

Oi!

Courtesy of From The Warp: link

Consider me humbled! nice linky

Tutorial Request:

Type: modelling and painting

Race: Chaos Space Marine Nurgle

Details: Looking to try to make my own palanquin but unsure how to do it and not really interested in using the palanquin of Epidemius probably more zombies holding the palanquin or something also looking to paint my plague marines in a deathly pale green with a pale white or grey trim almost ethereal looking but don't know which of the new GW paint range would be best

Cheers

link

Thank you Brother Nihm. This is something I will need a lot of practice with. Do you happen have to know of a write up to go along with a video like this?

To go along with the thread again.

Tutorial Request

Description: A tutorial on how to paint dust on tank armor, and models. With a desert theme basing, on white armor. Would like just a light layer, using GW paints if possible.

Hi, I'm wondering about converting a steed of slaanesh. I don't like the look of the steed. Any tut or 'how to make' a daemonic bike instead, for count as pourposes? Thanks :yes:
That depends on your interpretation of Daemonic.

Personally I would go for either organic parts, meaning rounded armour (look for suitable bits to chop up), fleshy parts joined to the bike's armor (like on the Dark Vengeance Hellbrute) and/or spikes & chains etc.

Thank you Brother Nihm. This is something I will need a lot of practice with. Do you happen have to know of a write up to go along with a video like this?

To go along with the thread again.

Tutorial Request

Can do. Take a look here: link

Just substitute pigments for the GW or Forgeworld variety.

• 3 weeks later...

Tutorial Request:

Tutorial type: Modelling/conversion

Race: SM

Description: I was wondering if anyone is able to share with me on how to create shoulder/harness mounted guns on a single PA model. Think Techmarine... but not too elaborate.

THIS, in fact would be perfect: http://gravengames.co.uk/iron-guard-space-.../#comment-11907

Thanks in advance!

Tutorial Request

Tutorial Type: basing

Description: A tutorial on how to base chaos wasteland with lava , and models. using GW paints. pictures

link

Tutorial Request:

Tutorial type: Modelling/conversion

Race: SM

Description: I was wondering if anyone is able to share with me on how to create shoulder/harness mounted guns on a single PA model. Think Techmarine... but not too elaborate.

THIS, in fact would be perfect: http://gravengames.co.uk/iron-guard-space-.../#comment-11907

Thanks in advance!

You seem to have answered your own question. :D

Find the appropriate bits (the rhino search light thingie looks nice) to make the casing, then add the barrels?

^ Yeah, they have stated that the servo arms were created "using plasticard"

I have no idea on where to start!

So is there a more noob-friendly approach to make servo arms/harness for weapons?

I apologise if I seem annoying, im just really keen!

Thanks you

^ Yeah, they have stated that the servo arms were created "using plasticard"

I have no idea on where to start!

So is there a more noob-friendly approach to make servo arms/harness for weapons?

I apologise if I seem annoying, im just really keen!

Thanks you

Back to basics then!

I suggest that you read and try your hand at these:

link

link

• 3 weeks later...

Tutorial request

Description: Can u kindly please direct me a tutorial on how to make a face mask WITH respirator?

Tutorial type: Conversion

Race: GK (used as counts as AdMech)

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom...ain_445x319.jpg

^ think techpriest enginseer... or death korps of krieg.. (oh how I wish the heads are sold separately.... if they ARE, and if anyone knows how to get them, then don't worry about the tutorial, just send me the link to purchase the heads!!!)

Much appreciated

Kind Regards,

Neonfunk

• 2 weeks later...

I have read the rules and I believe that the place to ask my request, If not please frag the post and PM with the appropriate place to post

Tutorial Request: Banners and how you make them

Type: Modeling/Printing/Sculpting

Details: I m looking for a tutorial on creating banners and back banners for the first legion/chapter. To specify I want to know details on how you print (if people do so) or sculpt the chapter banner and the deathwing banner and how you attach them on the standard bearers. What type of materials you use etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Tutorial Request:Making a servo arm, and/or a mount for a "shoulder mounted weapon"

Type: Modelling, converting, working with plasticard

Race: Iron hands, deathwatch, and Admech

Details: I'm trying to make a servo arm.. nothing too facncy, just one arm per model, not the elaborate multi armed version ala master of the forge.

(see picture below). I was told that this could be achieved using plasticard, but not HOW. I dont even know where to begin......!

http://http//images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/10/22/284390_md-Conversion,%20Master%20Of%20The%20Forge,%20Plasticard,%20Servo%20Arms,%20Space%20Marines.jpg

If there's no image visible, plase click on : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts...49.page#4954940

and see the 2nd picture from the top counting down. THANKS!

A servo arm would be great, but if that's not possible, then I guess some sort of shoulder/backpack mounted platform for my stormbolters/psycannons would suffice...

(again, please see the pic)

I'd greatly appreciate ANY input at all! MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

Hi all, just thought I'd like to get a final tip in, before I undertake my long project of a force pf Corrupted Void-dragon worshipping Ad-Mech, with a radical Ordo Xenos precence which includes some radical henchmen, and deathwatch. ALLIED of course with necrons (so, will have to use GK codex counts as, and Necrons as the alled detachment) - who mostly are iron hands. So yeah, plently of interesting dynamincs there, but they are all easily justifiable fluffwise. I take exception to those who include a farseer, or a deathcompany for the hell of it, just so they can augment their forces. Maybe it's just me, but this whole allies ideas gives us room to move (and exploit for some...) in order to do such things. Obviously, I was inspired by the book "Victories of the Space Marines", and the short story "exhumed", where a Admech-Deathwatch-OXI taskforce i sent to seek STC (or whatever it was).

ANYWAYS, back with the tute request... which is quite simple for all the older heads on this board I am sure:

Tutotial Type: Working with Green Stuff

Race: As specified above^

Details: I would like to know how to make robed heads with green stuff. Please keep in mind, that I would like to GS the human sized heads. ALthough I imagine that if I were doind it with a marine sized head, it shouldnt bee too much of a tweak?

Anyways, thank u so much!!!