Interested in a conversion challenge?

I'm hardly a fan of direct only, and even if i ordered Lysander, by the time he would be here there wouldn't be any time left to convert him decently

It's certainly worth bearing in mind for the next challenge, that Direct Only parts do take a while to arrive.

None of the UK GW stores stock it.. I'm waiting on mine from GW Direct. Hopefully it should be here soon!

I'll definately get my entry done in time, it's just gonna be a sprint rather than a marathon! :P

Edit: He's arrived! Time to get busy!

WIP

Huh. By coincidence, I've had a mini based on Lysander's body sitting around half-finished for literally years. Any chance I could enter it here?

As long it uses the required part and that required part is identifiable, go for it.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow... this challenge might just be a bust.

I think you might be right on this occasion. I've got mine nearly finished, I'll get it all wrapped up for the deadline and posted but I don't think anyone apart from you and me is participating!

Maybe a plastic part will make the challenge a bit more accessible next time?

I'm surprised, but at the same time I'm not surprised. I'm more disapointed that no one told me the UK stores, or more apparently, the Non-US stores, don't carry Lysander in store. I mean there were some general mumblings about having to buy the model, but that was about it.

So ideas for the next challenge?

I'm surprised, but at the same time I'm not surprised. I'm more disapointed that no one told me the UK stores, or more apparently, the Non-US stores, don't carry Lysander in store. I mean there were some general mumblings about having to buy the model, but that was about it.

So ideas for the next challenge?

True, but it doesn't explain why mine was the only entry & I'm in the UK!

Still, hopefully the next challenge will attract a 'bit' more interest. :)

My suggestion for the next challenge is the plastic laurel wreath from the command squad sprue. :)

The plastics seems like a good idea to me. The player has to select a specific character with a metal figurine (such as Vulkan or Dante) and create a version entirely out of plastic bits that is clearly recognizable. Either that, or everyone has to make their own counts-as version of a specific character using only plastics, which must clearly be recognizable as the original. That second one seems extra challenging, since you have to stick to your army's theme, while clearly imitating another army's signature character.

Unless the people suggesting Calgar know something I don't...I doubt anyone will buy a £30 pack just to get a Calgar legs for this challenge...Sorry.

I'm still holding out for a themed idea. Like Last Stand or Hero Truimphant? But failing that plastic parts...I dunno ^_^

I'm still holding out for a themed idea. Like Last Stand or Hero Truimphant? But failing that plastic parts...I dunno :devil:

that did cross my mind earlier, but all i could think of was 'recon' which would result in near identical scouts

but if sombody has a good idea, i would like to hear it

Haha, I'm definately NOT building a Nurgle army, that mini was a pure one-off for this contest! That way bankruptcy lies!

I'm going to do a bit more work on it and then it's going on that auction website. I'm sure someone will give it a loving plague-infested home! :HQ:

Also, where's my winners badge?! ;)

Archived