Vlka Fenryka: WIP/PIP + Warband Fluff

MaveriK

@Fytharin, painted? what's that? LMAO 3yrs? has it been that long? but seriously... soon I hope haha.

@Mactire, I like that! and yes those are AoS bodies. I found them about the right size. It sames me time and effort from doing more work than I should using other bits. The legs alone are about the same size as a terminators, while the torso compliments the neck piece to a wulfen head perfectly.

@CaptainStabby, I'd love to see yours. I didn't see it posted on your 30K topic. Your Cataphractii wolf guard are really cool.

@Nadir, I only buy single bits and pieces. I don't buy boxsets. I'm really picky with my work. Especially using only GW and FW bits. It does limit me but it also challenges me to think outside the box when it comes to kitbashing.

@Thudslugx, Thank you!

gallery_24878_5750_17943.jpg

Forward now. Forward to battle slaughter. Beware the man who loves battle. The old Gothi had told me that only one man in three or perhaps one man in four is a real warrior and the rest are reluctant fighters, but I was to learn that only one man in twenty is a lover of battle. Such men were the most dangerous, the most skillful, the ones who reaped the souls, and the ones to fear. I was such a one, and that day, beside the river where the blood flowed into the rising tide, and beside the burning pyramids on Prospero, I let the howls of morkai sing his song of death. I remember little except a rage, an exultation, a massacre. This was the moment the skalds celebrate, the heart of the battle that leads to victory, and the courage had gone from those sorcerers in a heartbeat.

I believe those are the the Blood Warrior legs from the recent Age of Sigmar Khorne range. I had intended to run a similar conversion whenever I get the time to buy the Blood Warrior kit and some Wulfen bits, but Maverik's on point and ahead of the curve as usual! 

WIP

gallery_24878_5750_2468.jpg

I am Odda, called he-who-spits-fire by my kith and kin.

My arm was torn from my body, by a green-skin warlord, in my attempts to save my jarl from the red snow. I spat in the eyes of the monster and laughed at his face. In return I was sent crashing to the ground. The force of his blow was like an avalanche on my beaten and bloodied body. My weapons were either broken or lost in the fight. There my arm lay beside me, so I took it and used it as a weapon, stunning the green-skin long enough for my jarl to pierce his blade through its neck.

The jarl of Sepp then gave me the honor to give the worthy enemy the blood eagle. Soon the hordes of the leaderless green-skins broke and became disordered at the sight of their warlord. The battle was long fought, but we earned the victory that day. I also was given a new arm and earned my new name.

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

PAINTING IN PROGRESS....

gallery_24878_5750_98555.jpg

OMG I painted something...

I prefer my wolves grim and griddy. It's an aesthetic choice that goes nicely with my war band and their fluff. If I wanted my wolves to be painted crisp and clean, I might as well play Ultramarines... but don't get me wrong, I have seen some beautifully painted clean and crisp looking Space Wolves out there. My guys are just heavily influenced by grim-dark, Frank Frazetta and the Prospero Burns book.

gallery_24878_5750_14744.jpg

I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone else's blood and I have no problem with going out the same way.

gallery_24878_5750_66037.jpg

I had the arrogant confidence of a man born to battle. I am Uhtred, son of Russ. Man of the Rout.

gallery_24878_5750_52054.jpg

PIP Wulfen.. color scheme inspired by http://iconosquare.com/p/1191464848540030129_2308501524

He who dies without discipline dies without honor. We have a saying in among the Frostborn. ‘It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous.'

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking

MAV! MAV! MAV! MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!MAV!

I love that you applied paint to model, but please please try and hold out till the ETL! We need all the brushes we can muster and it's SO close

PAINTING IN PROGRESS...

gallery_24878_5750_24258.jpg

Hand to hand is how it will be, a life and death fight against the fiend, and he whom death bears off shall submit to the judgement of our Lord of Winter and War...

gallery_24878_5750_92790.jpg

My work in progress heresy era wulfen. My personal homage to both the old artworks seen on the Collected Visions book and to the old metal wulfen models during the Eye of Codex supplement. I'm not a fan of the new plastic models, from the waist down its just a waste of plastic and potential. A huge disappointment and whom ever designed the models, you should be ashamed! Sadly I'm not a fan of the current wulfen plastic conversions. Using terminator legs with the new wulfen torsos doesn't look right to me. For some reason it looks just off, even if you try to add some padding...

gallery_24878_5750_99748.jpg

I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am a man of the Rout. Frostborn warrior of the Wolf King.

gallery_24878_5750_18710.jpg

Prospero burns around me. My enemies before me. I will unleash hell. I will bring the muder-make. For Russ and the All-father!

gallery_24878_5750_26538.jpg

I've changed his arms from my original pose. It didn't feel right to me, but hopefully this new look says, "13th Company shock trooper" anyway, this guy is about 70% done. I still have several touch-ups and details/highlights to work on. Don't worry Wolf Lord Kieran, I have several years worth of unpainted wolves for the ETL. This is just my warm up. Blame Fytharin for getting me to show some painting done. Haha.

--EDIT--

Thank you for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

@Fytharin, haha I'm glad you approve!

@SlaveToDarkness, I'm not sure which model you are referring to but the heads I've currently used are from the fantasy range. Chaos Marauder.

@codyrstuart, so far it's been a little bit of both! I usually pick which body types would work well with the arms/weapons/heads, then I order them online separately. I try to stay away from buying an entire set/box to use just a few bits for my army. Even if it means I have to wait months until they are sold online somewhere, the wait is usually worth it for me.

@Wolf Lord Kieran, haha thank you! I'm not a fan of the star trek borg look with the sevitors. It may work well with other chapters but not for my army. I have another heavy bolter one in the works along with two plasma cannon guys.

The fluff for them will be that they are veteran warriors who wish to die a worthy death yet are deemed too old to become sky warriors. Never having the glory to die in battle worthy of a saga, the Iron Priest take in the older frostborns and make them half machines serving as huscarls to the Iron born smiths of Fenris. 

Your collection so far must be some of the best looking warriors ever seen! i love them! your building cant be faulted, great aesthetics, they all just seem .... right.

#donesuckingupnow XD

RANDOM WIP...

gallery_24878_5750_82506.jpg

Aegis Defense Line Turret. Anti-Air.

gallery_24878_5750_1223.jpg

Aegis Defense Line Turret. Anti-Air.

gallery_24878_5750_31956.jpg

Easy conversion. I doubt it's an original one, but the bits work nicely. Simple yet elegant at the same time.

gallery_24878_5750_67517.jpg

Bits are mainly from the aegis defense line turret, with land speeder typhoon missile launchers.

gallery_24878_5750_43366.jpg

Test Model: White Scar Legionnaire. "No backward step.."

--EDIT--

Thank for looking!

Archived